(Topic ID: 46406)

Hakko FX-601 Adjustable Temperature Solder Iron Group Buy for Pinside

By bdtom

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hakko_FX-601.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

We had such a nice response from the pinside community on the FX-888D and the 808 Desolder Gun that we decided to run another “group buy” for the pinsiders.

Some of you over the last month have asked about the Hakko FX-601 Adjustable Temp Solder Iron. With the extra long 6ft cord, this is a nice portable unit to take on the road or get into places that just can’t be gotten to with a bench top station. The FX-601 is not some cheap wire wound stick. This is a professional grade piece with a ceramic heating element and adjustable temperature up to 1004°F. This baby will be up to temperature in under 20 seconds and give you consistant, reliable heat. This comes standard with a 5mm chisel tip. Some other popular accessories you might also consider include:
    105-TL-T19B/P .5mm conical tip
    105-TL-19D24P 2.4mm chisel tip
    105-TL-0605MP Hot Sock for the solder iron
    113-AC-20FTPK 20ft spool of Indium 60/40 solder .032” 21AWG

HAKKO FX-601 --ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL SOLDERING IRON
    The Hakko FX-601 is the next generation of variable temperature-controlled soldering irons. It is ideal for soldering applications that require mobility or a long reach. The extremely lightweight, ergonomic handpiece allows you to solder for long periods of time without hand fatigue.

• Adjustable "electronic" closed-loop temperature control
    • Dial the temperature you want
    • Temperature range: 464° — 1004°F (240° -- 460°C)
    • Ceramic heating element
    • Temperature control sensor in heater ensures consistent heat
    • Efficient heating (requires less energy = less wattage needed)
    • Heats up 5X faster than the Hakko 456
    • FAST thermal recovery
    • Lightweight (only 2.4 oz without cord)
    • Slender, well balanced ergonomic handpiece
    • 3-wire power cord
    • Extra long 6 ft. power cord
    • UL/CSA Approved

OK...back to the deal, once again, with MAP (minimum advertised price) being what it is we need to do the deal covertly.
    Here's the plan to get the deal:
    1. Reply to this thread and let us know you want to see what all the fuss is about.
    2. One of us here at B&D staff will forward the price and coupon code via PM, needed to get the deal on our website or by phone.
    3. Go to our site - URL will be in the PM, or call 800.458.6053 to get the deal (code required) from the PM. If ordering by phone we'll take 10% off the rest of your order for all solder, components and accessories and ship everything free.
    4. Post back here how happy you were with the price, service, packaging, shipping time, etc. Email me if something is not 100% to your liking or if you have any issues.
    5. Enjoy your new Hakko FX-601
    This program will run through May 2013

Regards,
    Tom
    B&D Enterprises

Free shipping (UPS Ground) is within the continental United States only. For shipments to AK, HI, Canada or abroad, call 800-458-6053 for details. We are located in western PA, and charge tax for PA residents only. Offer subject to availability, and subject to change without notice.

Hakko_FX-601.jpgHakko_FX-601.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I am interested in this.

#3 11 years ago

Awesome! I doubt I'll be buying this, but I can definitely see the benefit. I picked up the 888 on the tail end of the deal, and I've only used it a few times, but man, HUUUUGE difference between that and the 20$ Vellerman station I've been using for a year and a half. Stupid nice to have a tool that's ready to go in 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes. This one would be awesome for the toolbox, but I'm cheap. Maybe I will get some overtime before the end of may, then I can leave my 888 out of my toolbox!

#4 11 years ago

Interested in the iron. Already have an 808

#5 11 years ago

That thing is cool. Must...resist...spending... Oh, what the hell, send me the info, please.

#6 11 years ago

I'd like to know what the fuss is all about, send me the detail please.
    Dan

#7 11 years ago

Love my 888D, send me the details on this one please.

#8 11 years ago

Shoot me a pm please.

And Kudos for the special offers you've done.

#9 11 years ago

Please send me a PM, thanks.

#10 11 years ago

Interested. I didn't know such a thing existed. I never wanted a soldering station because I did most of my work in the games, I had no idea a portable temp controlled exited.

#11 11 years ago

im interested.

#12 11 years ago

I am interested. Please send information.
    Thanks.

#13 11 years ago

Just ordered.

#14 11 years ago

I want to see what the fuss is about. Thanks

#15 11 years ago

Please send information. Thanks.

#16 11 years ago

would like info on the 601 thank you

#17 11 years ago

Please send me the info.
    Thanks,

#18 11 years ago

Never got the info. I would
    Like to order. Thanks.

#19 11 years ago

Info please.

#20 11 years ago

Please send me the info THX!

#21 11 years ago

I am interested. Please send me the information too.

Thanks!

ERIC

#22 11 years ago

Info please.

#23 11 years ago

I'm interested in some more information on this iron, please contact me.

#24 11 years ago

Me, too.

#25 11 years ago

I'm looking for a good iron. Thanks

#26 11 years ago

Please send me the info

#27 11 years ago

Please send me the info!!

Thanks

#28 11 years ago

Please send info.

#29 11 years ago

I already received the discount and order information, and will be ordering one of these soon. Can someone recomend extra tips that are good to have on hand for this, I'll primarily be using the iron for Data East/WPC/80's Bally board work, with the occasional coil lug soldering.
    Thanks,
    Dan

#30 11 years ago

Ordered. Mine should be here today...must go home and solder something....

#31 11 years ago

Count me in, I need a new one.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Ordered. Mine should be here today...must go home and solder something....

Please let us know how you like it. I'm on the fence on this one. Thanks.

#33 11 years ago

Will definitely report back. I'm curious myself. My 4 month old Weller died, and I'm pretty disappointed by that.

#34 11 years ago

I am interested in this iron .

#35 11 years ago

What the heck, PM me with details.

Google search of this iron show prices from $64 to $89, and I have Amazon Prime so free shipping... Curious on the deal.

#36 11 years ago

I’m getting some PM’s asking if we would extend the Pinside group buys for the Hakko FX-888D digital solder station and the 808KIT desolder gun as well. The answer is a resounding yes!!!!!!

We are going to extend this offer thru the Pinfest in Allentown. If any of you are on the fence about it and will be in Allentown, stop over at our booth and “try before you buy”. We will have demos available on the FX-888D station, the 808 Desolder Gun, as well as the FX-601 Adjustable Temperature Solder Iron.

PM me for the details on any of the above items. See you at Pinfest!!!!

#37 11 years ago

Rats...wish you had responded to my PM about that...wouldnt have ordered the 601.

On the plus, the 601 arrived as expected today.
    On the minus, communication on the forum could have been better and you could have responded to my PM asking about the 888.

#38 11 years ago

Why is the pricing secretive? Obviously we are capable of looking up prices on other sites so why not just state your price?

#39 11 years ago

Please send me a PM on all 3. Thanks.

#40 11 years ago

I bought the 888D on the previous buy and very happy. In this case, after researching, it seems to me this iron is pretty heavy duty for most pinball work. Hakko's site recommends the FX-600 for circuit board work, which is a lot of my soldering. I PM'd bdtom twice, asking if it was available, but he/they haven't responded back.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Rats...wish you had responded to my PM about that...wouldnt have ordered the 601.
    On the plus, the 601 arrived as expected today.
    On the minus, communication on the forum could have been better and you could have responded to my PM asking about the 888.

NJ- I try to respond to all inquiries in a prompt manner. I think I get them all but it is possible that 1 or 2 may slip through the cracks. At any rate, I want you to have the Hakko unit that you want. If you would prefer the 888 over the 601, PM me & I'll take care of you.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Why is the pricing secretive? Obviously we are capable of looking up prices on other sites so why not just state your price?

As an Authorized Distributor for Hakko, we have MAP (minimum advertised price) guidelines we need to adhere to. With these 'group buys', this method allows us to give the "Pinsiders" a great deal without breaking our MAP agreement. I hope this helps.

#43 11 years ago

Please send info! Thanks!

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85Txaggie:

I bought the 888D on the previous buy and very happy. In this case, after researching, it seems to me this iron is pretty heavy duty for most pinball work. Hakko's site recommends the FX-600 for circuit board work, which is a lot of my soldering. I PM'd bdtom twice, asking if it was available, but he/they haven't responded back.

Hakko does make a FX-600 but as of now, it is not available for distribution in the US. The FX-601 does have a conical tip available for finer circuit board work.

#45 11 years ago

shoot me a pm please

#46 11 years ago

Please send info! Thanks!

#47 11 years ago

Interested in more info on the FX-601. Thank You

#48 11 years ago

I am interested. Please send code.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hakko-fx-601-adjustable-temperature-solder-iron-group-buy-for-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.