(Topic ID: 108710)

Hakko FR300 desoldering tool group buy!!!

By bdtom

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 450 posts
  • 361 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Elicash
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2530.JPG
IMG_2529.JPG
IMG_2527.JPG
105_tl_0fr300_2-965.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#308 3 years ago

Please send me the info....thx

Also for anyone who's got one, did it come with the stand and cleaning wire dish thingy? I'm about to pull the trigger on ebay for 250.00..?

5 months later
#374 3 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I ordered the FR-300 (along with the Hakko 888D soldering station and some extras) last Wednesday and it showed up on Friday.
Put the 300 to use for the first time this morning and man does it make the once tedious job of desoldering easy! So cleeeeean! No more stupid plastic solder sucker! No more messy work and no more having to go back and forth to get all the solder out. I'm really glad I finally decided to pick one of these up.
Thanks for the discount guys!

I bought the FR-300 about 5 months ago, used it twice both time I could not get the damn thing to clear out the solder from of the holes. Not sure if I got a bum unit or what. I even bought another tip for it same results. Curiously the vacuum tube thing developed hairline cracks after the second use. Any of you guys had issues with it?

#378 3 years ago

Hi yes I did. I looked it up online just to make sure. I have an update, a tip of the hat to the B+D team, I emailed them explained the issue they offered to check it for me and if found bad they would replace it. I shipped it out already. They've checked it and they will be sending me a new one. So once I get it I'll give it another shot. The tube cracking should have been a sign that something was not right.

#380 3 years ago

I go the new one yesterday and tried it out today....WOW! It's a breeze to work with. *Sigh* thinking of the number of boards and chips I could have saved if I had this a couple years ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Sale Pending!
Cinnaminson, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lynnwood, WASHINGTON
$ 11.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside