(Topic ID: 108710)

Hakko FR300 desoldering tool group buy!!!

By bdtom

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 450 posts
  • 361 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Elicash
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2530.JPG
IMG_2529.JPG
IMG_2527.JPG
105_tl_0fr300_2-965.jpg

There are 449 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 3 years ago

Getting ready to buy one of these. Does anyone know what the price is?

G

#352 3 years ago

Interested too. Please pm if still available.

#353 3 years ago

Please send me the details. Thanks

#354 3 years ago

Please send me the details. Thank you!

#355 3 years ago

I'd like to know more as well. I've been on the fence wanting one for awhile now. Maybe this will knock me off of the fence

#356 3 years ago

Please send me the details as well. Thanks

#357 3 years ago

Can I get the details?

2 weeks later
#359 3 years ago

Ditto

#360 3 years ago

PM Please. Thanks.

#361 3 years ago

Please send details. Thanks.

#362 3 years ago

Please PM Details.

#363 3 years ago

I could use this, so please PM me!

#364 3 years ago

Interested, PM please!

#365 3 years ago

I could use one of these! PM me please!!

#366 3 years ago

I've been lusting after a proper de-soldering station for way too long.
Please PM me the details as well.
Thanks

#367 3 years ago

Also interested please send details.
Thanks

#368 3 years ago

I am interested. Please PM me the details. Thank you!

#369 3 years ago

Interested, please send price.

1 week later
#370 3 years ago

Finally went to pull the plug on this and noticed the site has changed! PM details please.

1 week later
#371 3 years ago

I ordered the FR-300 (along with the Hakko 888D soldering station and some extras) last Wednesday and it showed up on Friday.

Put the 300 to use for the first time this morning and man does it make the once tedious job of desoldering easy! So cleeeeean! No more stupid plastic solder sucker! No more messy work and no more having to go back and forth to get all the solder out. I'm really glad I finally decided to pick one of these up.

Thanks for the discount guys!

#372 3 years ago

Interested if this is still available.

#373 3 years ago

Please send me the details.

Thank you

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I ordered the FR-300 (along with the Hakko 888D soldering station and some extras) last Wednesday and it showed up on Friday.
Put the 300 to use for the first time this morning and man does it make the once tedious job of desoldering easy! So cleeeeean! No more stupid plastic solder sucker! No more messy work and no more having to go back and forth to get all the solder out. I'm really glad I finally decided to pick one of these up.
Thanks for the discount guys!

I bought the FR-300 about 5 months ago, used it twice both time I could not get the damn thing to clear out the solder from of the holes. Not sure if I got a bum unit or what. I even bought another tip for it same results. Curiously the vacuum tube thing developed hairline cracks after the second use. Any of you guys had issues with it?

#375 3 years ago

I would like to buy the 300 and the 888d pm me please

#376 3 years ago

Interested. PM details please.
Thanks

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I bought the FR-300 about 5 months ago, used it twice both time I could not get the damn thing to clear out the solder from of the holes. Not sure if I got a bum unit or what. I even bought another tip for it same results. Curiously the vacuum tube thing developed hairline cracks after the second use. Any of you guys had issues with it?

Do you have the chamber/tube in right? Mine is working good (it's brand new though).

#378 3 years ago

Hi yes I did. I looked it up online just to make sure. I have an update, a tip of the hat to the B+D team, I emailed them explained the issue they offered to check it for me and if found bad they would replace it. I shipped it out already. They've checked it and they will be sending me a new one. So once I get it I'll give it another shot. The tube cracking should have been a sign that something was not right.

#379 3 years ago

Please send me details.

#380 3 years ago

I go the new one yesterday and tried it out today....WOW! It's a breeze to work with. *Sigh* thinking of the number of boards and chips I could have saved if I had this a couple years ago.

#381 3 years ago

I'm interested in this deal if it's still available. Thank you.

#384 3 years ago

Please pm desoldering details. Thx

#385 3 years ago

Got mine Friday, hoping to try it out Sunday

#386 3 years ago

No details to me yet? Second request, please.

#387 3 years ago

They don't check every day especially with the holiday weekend
Took them a couple of days for me, but it was well worth it

#388 3 years ago

Pm sent and I'm interested. Thank you

#389 3 years ago

for those still on the fence, here's a small write-up of my thoughts of the FR-300

after launching a successful product, many companies find ways to cut costs and increase their profit margins, without improving on the product itself. fortunately, this was not the case with the hakko FR-300 (which replaced the 800 series product)

in addition to heating up to a usable temperature within a minute of turning it on, the FR-300 improves upon its predecessor by making the following changes:
- a physical on/off switch on the handle is welcome addition. the older 800 series de-soldering tool would turn "on" immediately after plugging it in. a [red] LED power indicator lets you know that the tool is on or off
- the bottom of the grip features a rotary dial to adjust the heat level of the tool between 660° - 930°F (350° - 500°F)
- the shape of the grip has been enhanced to be ergonomically engineered to reduce fatigue and stress on your wrist (and is pretty comfortable)
- the waste chamber has been updated to lock in an [open] position, making its removal, emptying it and replacing it all possible with a single hand. the yellow button on the side of the tool, releases the lock, snapping the waste chamber back into position.

I've had mine for about a year now and have used it mostly for video game board repair, but was sold after borrowing a friend's 800 series to fix a WPC dmd board. my friend wasn't wrong stating that the loan "would cost me", because after using it for the first time, it was just one of those tools that you couldn't see not having

btw, B+D ships extremely fast and has great customer service.

#391 3 years ago

PLease PM me info. on the 300. Thanks.

#392 3 years ago

Me too I would like to order one of these.

#393 3 years ago

Please send me the details.

#394 3 years ago

Could I have pricing details please? Thanks.

#395 3 years ago

Interested in the pricing details, thanks.

#396 3 years ago

What's the most popular package that us pinball and arcade guys are ordering? Which nozzles, etc.?

Thanks!

#397 3 years ago

Hello,

Interested in the desoldering tool if this deal is still around (already have a good iron), please PM me.

Thank you.

1 week later
#398 3 years ago

code please

1 week later
#399 3 years ago

Still available?
Please pm me the details.
Mine died in the flood.

Milt

#400 3 years ago

Please PM with details!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tulsa, OK
There are 449 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside