Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by ssathre
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_6961_(Custom).JPG
    DSC_6922_(Custom).JPG
    photo_(3).JPG
    photo_(2).JPG
    photo_(1).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ssathre.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 12 years ago

I have one in my basement that looks exactly the same. I have tried everything and the color won't come back. i was planning on repainting it but I thought better of it and found a replacement PF.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

If CPR releases repro playfields I may go that route.

Just an FYI. I contacted them about 3 months ago to see about the status on the taxi playfield. They said that if their artist submitted his work today it would be at least 3 years before it was cut.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

My taxi was discolored too. The treasure cove polishing kit brought it back to like new swirl marks carbon tracks and mylar came up sniny and new. I swear by the stuff now.

The guy I sold it to actually said when he saw it " That playfield looks amazing, is it a repro one?"
    I said "No, I just cleaned it up." His response, " I have never seen one that shiny."

that's awesome! mine is to far gone for that though and I suspect more damage than just UV and grime. you can rub your finger on the spots without Mylar and the paint starts to powder off. I'm thinking that it got wet at some point.

the good part is that a fellow pinsider (out-west) has a restored and CC replacement that he's selling me. now I'm actually looking forward to swapping out the playfield and refinishing the cabinet over the winter.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ssathre.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hailed-a-cab-yesterday?tu=ssathre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.