Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

umm-no.gif
    44eea69c-1798-461d-b23b-fb000f08094d_text.gif
    B9DED86F-00B1-4291-BC3D-B87B3336B280.gif

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 82 days ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for sale

Haggis Series Pass

Added: 2024-04-22 20:18:56 UTC • Ended: June 3rd, 2024

Price

$ 2,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

The next several Haggis remakes for a discount. The series pass covers the deposit on Centaur and the next 3 remakes that Haggis may do. Originally this was priced around $4000 - where each deposit on new games about $1500, so is a $6000 value! and offering it to anyone for a significant discount.

I marked this at $2000, but will listen to any offer out there.

Given Haggis current situation, I will warn that this may be a risk, but if they can turn operations around, also could be very rewarding!

If sold, I will attempt to get someone at Haggis to respond and transfer this directly to you. If they refuse, I will have games directly shipped to you.

What will happen after this is that you will be in the front of the line for each release, and owe direct to Haggis the remainder of any title cost minus their deposit price. There are only a handful of series pass holders so if they do make new games you will be almost assured to get it in the first batch shipped.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Zukram's market stats.

Seller Level

Zukram has the Pinside Gold seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Zukram's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Fairport, NY, US

#2 82 days ago

Glwts. I think most people at this point would rather buy $2,000 in lotto tickets, especially with no communication from Haggis. I’m just making this comment to bump you back to the top.

#3 82 days ago

Goooooooood luck

#4 82 days ago

Thank you, I feel I'm going to need it.. Maybe gonna offer it up at pinfest for one of the pretzel roll things..

#5 82 days ago

Definitely a pass.

GLWS!

#6 82 days ago
    B9DED86F-00B1-4291-BC3D-B87B3336B280.gifB9DED86F-00B1-4291-BC3D-B87B3336B280.gif
    #7 82 days ago

Worth a shot I guess

#8 82 days ago

I would love to get a little background on this “product.”

This was sold when they started all this stuff a few years ago?

Or was it part of a “recapitalization” somewhere along the line where they were looking to keep the wolves from the door?

#9 82 days ago

May the force be with you.

#10 82 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or was it part of a “recapitalization” somewhere along the line where they were looking to keep the wolves from the door?

Was available when they announced Fathom, you could purchase the Haggis Classics Series Ticket and have a few weeks to order the revisitied
    model, or perhaps at first was the only way to order it.. They did not sell too many, so opened up Fathom orders to everyone.

I purchased this sometime after I ordered Fathom, and was one of the first to get a game shipped to the US.

In any case it covers the Centaur deposit and 3 more after it. If they do re-capitalize and get their operation going again,
    should enable getting a Centaur in the first batch..

#11 82 days ago
    44eea69c-1798-461d-b23b-fb000f08094d_text.gif44eea69c-1798-461d-b23b-fb000f08094d_text.gif
    #12 81 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was an option availible all the way until last summer. Basically you paid a deposit on the entire classic bally series they planned on running

"* The price listed for this product is the deposit only (non-refundable). The total price is $6,000 AUD plus taxes where applicable. (GST of 10% is applicable within Australia) and will be invoiced separately*

Our Series Ticket has been designed to allow you to lock away the remaining four titles in the current Bally Classics series with matching game numbers, an additional "Series Plaque Number", additional exclusive merchandise only available to Series Ticket Holders, and priority build. To secure a Series Ticket, you must place a non-refundable deposit of AUD $1,500 for each remaining game ($6,000 AUD in total)."

No idea how many they sold but certainly a handful. I know of a couple pinsiders who bought in. Seemed really sketchy from the start to me. Now it seems series ticket holders are merely haggis bag holders.

#13 81 days ago

I owned a Fathom Mermaid one of the most beautiful pins ever. GLWTS it’ll be a great buy if they follow through with their ambitious plans.

I can’t see how Haggis is profitable at their current building pace.

With them being on the opposite side of the world from 90% of pinball people it’s like they have one hand tied behind their back. Shipping is a nightmare.

#14 81 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

It was an option availible all the way until last summer. Basically you paid a deposit on the entire classic bally series they planned on running
    "* The price listed for this product is the deposit only (non-refundable). The total price is $6,000 AUD plus taxes where applicable. (GST of 10% is applicable within Australia) and will be invoiced separately*
    Our Series Ticket has been designed to allow you to lock away the remaining four titles in the current Bally Classics series with matching game numbers, an additional "Series Plaque Number", additional exclusive merchandise only available to Series Ticket Holders, and priority build. To secure a Series Ticket, you must place a non-refundable deposit of AUD $1,500 for each remaining game ($6,000 AUD in total)."
    No idea how many they sold but certainly a handful. I know of a couple pinsiders who bought in. Seemed really sketchy from the start to me. Now it seems series ticket holders are merely haggis bag holders.

This is amazing in every way.

Even deep root didn’t think they’d find anybody gullible enough to buy something like this.

By the way, monthly reminder: people sent money to a brand new start up company In Australia with no track record of successfully mass producing pinball machines IN THE IMMEDIATE WAKE of the deep root disaster. This still seemed like a good idea to many people.

#15 81 days ago

I have the season pass also, if things go bad can we use it as a tax write off?

#16 81 days ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No. They don’t give out tax write offs to people who lose money to scams.

Unless the scam is a registered non profit maybe?

#17 81 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Unless the scam is a registered non profit maybe?

Well, non-profit does seem to define Haggis's business success, or lack of.

#18 81 days ago

Well at the very least I got a Fathom, its definitely a beauty of a machine.

#19 81 days ago

Never heard of anything like this in pinball until now. This is pretty common in the video game world, where you can buy a "season pass" or a "DLC bundle" where you get a discount by buying a DLC promise in the future. You pay $30 for three DLC items now, instead of $15 for each of three DLC when they release it, as an example. There is no promise on what kind of DLC you're getting. Could be a worthless emote or it could be a fully fleshed map. Sometimes you don't know.

The more pinball adopts modern video game type practices, the worse off pinball collectors will be. This is very much a "season pass" equivalent.
    Another way to sell a promise of a game.

Non-refundable purchase, for a promise of a game, with no recourse. Crazy.

#20 81 days ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well at the very least I got a Fathom, its definitely a beauty of a machine.

Thats one expensive fathom, especially when you can buy them used at a big discount from the regular msrp

#21 81 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Thats one expensive fathom, especially when you can buy them used at a big discount from the regular msrp

yeah every time I look at it, I glance back at it with a slight frown.

#22 81 days ago

Let's say these games get made (lol). At this rate those games would take 30 years to come out.

#23 81 days ago

Sorry you got screwed by this company, but don’t try to saddle someone else with that burden at a discount. They might be lucky to get to centaur but nothing else is coming down the line

#24 81 days ago

Unfortunately, that sounded like a tactic to obtain a cash infusion. There's not really another reason that I can think of for a company to give customers a long-term deal on potential future products for paying something up front for essentially a coupon.

Putting down preorder money with a startup company is iffy. A preorder for preorder deposits seems wild to me.

Given that Haggis is on shaky ground with their "recapitalization" announcement...I don't think you'll have many takers unless someone wants to roll the dice. GLWS

#25 81 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

people sent money to a brand new start up company In Australia with no track record of successfully mass producing pinball machines IN THE IMMEDIATE WAKE of the deep root disaster.

But dude, they get matching game numbers and a "series plaque number" which is so ephemeral that even Haggis put it in air quotes.

#26 81 days ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

don’t try to saddle someone else with that burden at a discount.

They'd only be half as crazy to buy it now, dollar for dollar. If there's one thing I've learned watching sports recently, it's that gambling is legal & omnipresent. Probably got about the same chance of cashing this bet as winning $2k on FanDuel.

#27 81 days ago

Just curious.... is it even transferable?

#28 81 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Unfortunately, that sounded like a tactic to obtain a cash infusion. There's not really another reason that I can think of for a company to give customers a long-term deal on potential future products for paying something up front for essentially a coupon.
    Putting down preorder money with a startup company is iffy. A preorder for preorder deposits seems wild to me.
    Given that Haggis is on shaky ground with their "recapitalization" announcement...I don't think you'll have many takers unless someone wants to roll the dice. GLWS

Yep, when it was first announced with Fathom, it was an immediate eyebrow raiser. By the time Centaur was announced and they were still trying to sell series tickets, it was nothing more than a glaring red flag.

#29 81 days ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

He hasn't worked out the logistics yet, but he'll take your money.

Actually claims he'll pay in full if they don't let him transfer and spend the next three decades helping you get the machines.

#30 81 days ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Sorry you got screwed by this company, but don’t try to saddle someone else with that burden at a discount. They might be lucky to get to centaur but nothing else is coming down the line

You do not need feel sorry for me, I'm not really burdened by this at all..

Also, to be clear, I've warned and will warn anyone who is interested in it, that it may result in nothing at all.. And it is not transferring to anyone until Damian replies to me on this, which has been complete silence from them since November when they stated Centaur was about to be built for the ticket holders. And after the recap stuff, really going to need some sense that at least Centaur will ship.

As far as Haggis is concerned I'm certain they had no intention to be deceitful on these things, spoke with them a few times at the beginning. They tried a kick starter approach to getting the manufacturing going and have a customer base to sustain. They likely sold only a tiny fraction of what they hoped to on the tickets..

#31 81 days ago

That is a huge loss. At this point just kick back and hope it all works out.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is amazing in every way.
    Even deep root didn’t think they’d find anybody gullible enough to buy something like this.
    By the way, monthly reminder: people sent money to a brand new start up company In Australia with no track record of successfully mass producing pinball machines IN THE IMMEDIATE WAKE of the deep root disaster. This still seemed like a good idea to many people.

This and the peolpe in this hobby never cease to amaze me

#32 81 days ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just do a charge back with your credit card company and hope for the best.

#33 81 days ago

Gentlemen, there is one irrefutable piece of this puzzle I think you're all missing here:

Always back an Aussie. Always.

I rest my case.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Followup question: is Damien still alive, as he hasn't answered any questions lately.

#34 81 days ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Followup question: is Damien still alive, as he hasn't answered any questions lately.

Probably unwise to speak further at this point, but definitely not a good sign for anyone holding out hope this company hasn’t already folded

#35 81 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just do a charge back with your credit card company and hope for the best.

good idea, But that would go back to my distributor, I dont want him to have any issues.

#36 81 days ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

No. He just happened to die at the exact time his scam company collapsed with hundreds of thousands of dollars of his victims’ money.

Good timing on his part.

Hes hammering playfields in heaven now

#37 81 days ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

good idea, But that would go back to my distributor, I dont want him to have any issues.

Oh easy then. They owe you the refund if things go to shit. That’s great that you went through a distro and not directly with Haggis. That’s protection.

#38 81 days ago
    Quoted from Zukram:

You do not need feel sorry for me, I'm not really burdened by this at all..
    Also, to be clear, I've warned and will warn anyone who is interested in it, that it may result in nothing at all.. And it is not transferring to anyone until Damian replies to me on this, which has been complete silence from them since November when they stated Centaur was about to be built for the ticket holders. And after the recap stuff, really going to need some sense that at least Centaur will ship.
    As far as Haggis is concerned I'm certain they had no intention to be deceitful on these things, spoke with them a few times at the beginning. They tried a kick starter approach to getting the manufacturing going and have a customer base to sustain. They likely sold only a tiny fraction of what they hoped to on the tickets..

So if you’re a ticket holder were you asked for full payment on Centaur yet? I know someone who was and has paid in full for his.

As far as the amount of ticket holders I think early on there wasn’t many but once a couple of games shipped a fair few people bought in to skip the queue and get theirs out first so to speak.

#39 81 days ago

Haggis currently reading this thread like.

umm-no.gifumm-no.gif
    #40 81 days ago
    Quoted from woody76:

That is a huge loss. At this point just kick back and hope it all works out.

This and the peolpe in this hobby never cease to amaze me

Look at it as charity towards the hobby. You did a good thing, at least spin it that way.

#41 81 days ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

So if you’re a ticket holder were you asked for full payment on Centaur yet? I know someone who was and has paid in full for his.
    As far as the amount of ticket holders I think early on there wasn’t many but once a couple of games shipped a fair few people bought in to skip the queue and get theirs out first so to speak.

I was not asked to pay in full. I did however have a few emails in Oct or Nov stating that Orblivion editions for ticket holders were first, and then the Beast edition for ticket holders after. Also emails on expected build dates, and shipping preferences, I think the email I got for preferring the Beast edition suggested to expect an invoice in January. Other than that response in Nov, nothing since. Until the February email about the re-cap plan..

Oh wow.. **just got a reply from Damian** as I am typing this. just that they would allow a transfer if I were to go ahead to do so, and they are still working hard.

#42 81 days ago
    Quoted from Doctoroctos:

Look at it as charity towards the hobby. You did a good thing, at least spin it that way.

Terrible take. There is no charity just because it's pinball. Damian and Haggis turned out to be Full of S*&t and the consumer is supposed to just take it up the A$$ with a smile and say "Shucks, gee golly...oh well..."!? F That. Something wrong with the people in this hobby if that's the take. No other industry operates with this mentality between consumer getting absolutely F'd and zero accountability from the people that take their money in the first place.

Hey guys! I'm opening a pinball startup company right now! Send me $4000 and I promise to deliver you 4 games that currently have zero thought or development some time in the future! If it doesn't work out, at least you know you did a good thing by sending me the money!

#43 81 days ago

It looks like you’ve got an offer for a Philadelphia $50. I’ll offer $75.

I think Haggis is gross. Naming your company after a disgusting food is not good branding.

Disgusting food, disgusting scammers. Pinball is hard.

#44 81 days ago

Most interesting part of this is if buy buy buy will truly refund customers after haggis, surprising nobody, goes bankrupt. Get the popcorn out.

With haggis all but done, I wonder which company Zach will end up pumping to get sales while putting down others he doesn’t distribute for. Latest example is how excited he is for abba, which of course, he’s selling but then slams multimorphic, saying the princess bride is a terrible theme. Oh and Dutch is terrible too - making bad decisions. I’m sure he’s pissed he can’t taste that BTTF money. Good for Cointaker.

What a joke. Not sure how people like this sleep at night. Pumping abba bro? Never forget that hard shill on Toy Story. Shots are the new toys. Haha so sad.

Long story short - pinball community keep your eyes open and think before buying NIB. The shills are working extra hard right now.

#45 81 days ago
    Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Terrible take. There is no charity just because it's pinball. Damian and Haggis turned out to be Full of S*&t and the consumer is supposed to just take it up the A$$ with a smile and say "Shucks, gee golly...oh well..."!? F That. Something wrong with the people in this hobby if that's the take. No other industry operates with this mentality between consumer getting absolutely F'd and zero accountability from the people that take their money in the first place.
    Hey guys! I'm opening a pinball startup company right now! Send me $4000 and I promise to deliver you 4 games that currently have zero thought or development some time in the future! If it doesn't work out, at least you know you did a good thing by sending me the money!

I am trying to help the op feel better.

#46 81 days ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Most interesting part of this is if buy buy buy will truly refund customers after haggis, surprising nobody, goes bankrupt. Get the popcorn out.
    With haggis all but done, I wonder which company Zach will end up pumping to get sales while putting down others he doesn’t distribute for. Latest example is how excited he is for abba, which of course, he’s selling but then slams multimorphic, saying the princess bride is a terrible theme. Oh and Dutch is terrible too - making bad decisions. I’m sure he’s pissed he can’t taste that BTTF money. Good for Cointaker.

In his defense he also has been shitting on American Pinball, and he sells that.

But anyhow, why doesn't he just REFUND REFUND REFUND and put people out of their misery already. It isn't like he's gonna lose that many sales if Haggis were to somehow pull themselves out of this tail spin he's in.

And I say "he" for Haggis as there is literally no way he has people working there right now. It's just him reading these posts in an empty warehouse, now.

#47 81 days ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

In his defense he also has been shitting on American Pinball, and he sells that.
    But anyhow, why doesn't he just REFUND REFUND REFUND and put people out of their misery already. It isn't like he's gonna lose that many sales if Haggis were to somehow pull themselves out of this tail spin he's in.
    And I say "he" for Haggis as there is literally no way he has people working there right now. It's just him reading these posts in an empty warehouse, now.

The same American pinball that tried to sue him? He knows that relationship is a mess and expect him to duck out of that as soon as the contract expiries so he has no problem burning that bridge. Main point is those games don’t sell for him and he’s quick to leverage it by saying he craps on games he sells but it’s clearly not genuine. He’s the distributor who found a nib Godzilla to sell at a crazy price during COVID - saying it was a trade in? Many other COVID stuff he pulled which was a disgrace. Car salesman 101. I think he believes he’s only reporting the facts meanwhile majority knows what’s going on which is why he so desperately wants to be respected and not seen as a shill, which is the reality.

And yeah he could just refund right now but he’ll wait. I actually think the blame is on the consumer in this case considering they rolled the dice but let’s see if Zach actually does what he says and refunds.

Good luck to the seller of this - appreciate his transparency in what has to be a tough pill to swallow.

#48 81 days ago

Hmm…is the buyer of this pass eligible for a potential refund? $2k now but $4k back when Haggis inevitably collapses. That seems like an interesting gamble for someone with more play money than myself

#49 81 days ago
    Quoted from delt31:

The same American pinball that tried to sue him? He knows that relationship is a mess and expect him to duck out of that as soon as the contract expiries so he has no problem burning that bridge. Main point is those games don’t sell for him and he’s quick to leverage it by saying he craps on games he sells but it’s clearly not genuine. He’s the farthest example from being truthful. Same guy who found a nib Godzilla to sell at a crazy price during COVID - saying it was a trade in? Many other COVID stuff he pulled which was a disgrace. Car salesman 101.
    And yeah he could just refund right now but he’ll wait. I actually think the blame is on the consumer in this case considering they rolled the dice but let’s see if Zach actually does what he says and refunds.
    Good luck to the seller of this - appreciate his transparency in what has to be a tough pill to swallow.

I think most of us just don’t give too much of a shit about some podcaster turned pinball salesman. You’ve had a huge bee in your bonnet about this guy for years and most of us just don’t care.

#50 81 days ago
    Quoted from Zukram:

Oh wow.. **just got a reply from Damian** as I am typing this. just that they would allow a transfer if I were to go ahead to do so, and they are still working hard.

Working hard on what? Have any games shipped since the recapitalization statement? Pretty sure there's still Fathom peeps paid in full over a year ago with no game.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.