C51469EB-AAC2-47DD-80CC-4486439EC8DD (resized).jpeg
4AFFC6EC-A8A6-41FE-9B75-855B909BDC16 (resized).jpeg
fa1 (resized).jpg
20210918_164900 (resized).jpg
20210918_164837 (resized).jpg
20210918_170734 (resized).jpg
E6558E2D-7168-42EA-A984-CE1877263561 (resized).jpeg
20210918_110057 (resized).jpg
There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

From the Haggis Pinball FB page:

Join a new Australian Pinball company on their journey to make their first ever pinball machine.

In this first episode, we meet one of Haggis Pinball's founders and get an insight into their pinball journey

Link: https://www.facebook.com/303828336848631/videos/231643351038413/

#2 5 years ago

yay

Good luck to Haggis - I understand that making and selling pinball machines is a piece of cake!

#3 5 years ago

I hope they do a better Job than Homepin?

O wait they are made in China by an Australian.

#4 5 years ago

Haggis? As in that gross Scottish pudding that may or may not still be illegal to serve in the US?

#5 5 years ago

Doesn't talk about his engineering background and what qualifications he has to design the electronics for a pinball machine.

Also looks at the camera constantly while driving, that makes me sad.

Best of luck to him, but this is no more than a random dude tinkering in a garage right now.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Haggis? As in that gross Scottish pudding that may or may not still be illegal to serve in the US?

That’s the one

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Doesn't talk about his engineering background and what qualifications he has to design the electronics for a pinball machine.
Best of luck to him, but this is no more than a random dude tinkering in a garage right now.

This is Harto from pindev correct?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

This is Harto from pindev correct?

Is it? If he is using something like P3ROC, that's way better.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Is it? If he is using something like P3ROC, that's way better.

I would think he’s using the proc or p3. It seems like from his video he’s keeping expectations low, as you would need to in this business until you have something people really want and you can keep up production. Not an easy task

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

It seems like from his video he’s keeping expectations low,

Mission accomplished

#11 5 years ago

soo, did i just watch a video about a guy who wants to make and manufacture pins or was it just an elaborate hype video for a homebrew with no progress?

"might only make 2" said several times

6 months away for TPF is achievable when just starting? does he have a real job or is this all he is going to be doing?

best wishes, as someone making a homebrew, be prepared for lots of fun little surprises

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

soo, did i just watch a video about a guy who wants to make and manufacture pins or was it just an elaborate hype video for a homebrew with no progress?
"might only make 2" said several times
6 months away for TPF is achievable when just starting? does he have a real job or is this all he is going to be doing?
best wishes, as someone making a homebrew, be prepared for lots of fun little surprises

Yup, it’s quite the process.. and I’m still not even done! Certainly couldn’t quit my day job. Furthermore, I have no intention of trying to sell anything. I do it for the love of pinball and to teach myself new skills

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Like "Some Kids in the Basement".....

#14 5 years ago

Hi guys,

Damian from Haggis Pinball here

Was just about to post up about us, but I see Ausretrogamer already has thanks mate

Here's a link to the YouTube channel as well if you want to subscribe and follow along (and keep us honest on the timeline)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtcz3A85FLgWkkODTwP2e_A

Cheers.

#15 5 years ago

Can't wait for my new-in box Haggis Sean Connery to arrive. Or maybe a Highlander, liked the first one.

#16 5 years ago

Honestly, I want one just to display my love for the name of the company. I'm following and rooting for you, @HaggisPinball!

#17 5 years ago

Hi all,

Episode two is now live

YouTube:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/303828336848631/videos/2136137586420807/

two links, in case you have an aversion to one or the other

1 week later
#18 5 years ago

Episode three now posted - a trip to PinFest in Newcastle, Australia

#19 5 years ago

So excited for this as it is a fresh face with hopefully fresh ideas with so far great marketing and social likeness.
You do look like you could be Mike from Homepis son though
Go the Haggis!

#20 5 years ago

Thanks oldskool

heh heh - No relation, honest, though he could be a future parts supplier.. hmm...

3 weeks later
#23 5 years ago

nice work guys,

with the arcade style flipper button switches just be aware of the switch component fouling with the plunger rod and the need for possible larger cut outs in the playfield

#24 5 years ago

Also might want to consider Data East style pop bumpers:

https://www.pinballlife.com/desega-pop-bumper-assembly.html

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Can't wait for my new-in box Haggis Sean Connery to arrive. Or maybe a Highlander, liked the first one.

Or how about crockodile dundee !

#26 5 years ago

AUSTRALIA the pinball!
Crikey, she'll be right mate, grab a tinnie and take a load off.

#27 5 years ago

Mate, you need a better name than Haggis sounds Scottish if you want an Australian sounding name you should go with Parma Pinball.

#28 5 years ago

Aussiest theme ever NSFW

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Aussiest theme ever NSFW

Thanks for that...lol...I needed a good laugh.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Thanks for that...lol...I needed a good laugh.

Sell heaps in Gods Country.
May we NEVER loose our identity!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Aussiest theme ever NSFW

You can't get Aussier than that.

#32 5 years ago

LOL - gold

Thank's lads - yea, I'm hearing microswitch embedded buttons are about as popular as cane toads up north...

#33 5 years ago

I'd ditch the wpc jet bumpers and use the de all in one jobs. they are then modular, add connector for sol, switch and light and its plug and play.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from HaggisPinball:

LOL - gold
Thank's lads - yea, I'm hearing microswitch embedded buttons are about as popular as cane toads up north...

I have a lot of relatives up north

#35 5 years ago

LOL - gold

Pinball 2000 used them and don't feel like microswitch's

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Pinball 2000 used them and don't feel like microswitch's

The flipper micros developed for Pin 2000 were very special and far different from the "standard" micro the OP is talking about using.

#37 5 years ago

they were a standard off the shelf part, I have thousands of them, I have a 44 gallon drum of them in fact
they could use them instead, don't hear complaints about them regarding feel and reliability

Williams developed a joystick version as well

#40 5 years ago

Data East style pop bumpers are good because they are "all-in-one" design and easy to service if you put connectors on them.

Strongly suggest using Williams flipper assemblies and slingshot assemblies.

#41 5 years ago

Very interesting but remember the best thing about playing pinball is on a machine with a good theme and great game flow and not cutting costs.I would rather have a Twilight Zone than some of the crappy produced made today.

2 weeks later
#42 5 years ago

Episode 7 is now out - plus, I'm uploading the theme reveal now and will post that soon

#43 5 years ago

Come on guys, you bring us skippy or crockodile dundee!!

#44 5 years ago

Here it is!
The theme for Haggis Pinball's first ever pinball machine, coming 2019

Wraith is a pinball machine born of a story of tragedy, loss, mystery, darkness, decay, rebirth and resurrection.
Wraith is a living mechanism, a key to the lock that is the mystery of Fall River and the disappearance of a family of 9 in 1892.
Now, in 2019, we have the chance to hold that key, turn it in the lock. Help us help them to rise. Help us help them to rest.
Their story must be told. They want us to know what happened. They deserve this. So do you.

#45 5 years ago

Looks intriguing. I look forward to watching your YouTube updates to find out more. Good luck!

#46 5 years ago

Nice to meet you at Flipout Harto.

#47 5 years ago

You too solar

I think I'm only just recovering now - was a big weekend, needs to be held monthly methinks

#48 5 years ago

You too solar
I think I'm only just recovering now - was a big weekend, needs to be held monthly methinks

There are social meets in Victoria every month.
The next one is in two weeks time and it will be a ripper

#49 5 years ago

Upcoming Melbourne pinball events here - http://pinballscore.com/

1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-pinball-new-australian-pinball-company?hl=haggispinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.