C51469EB-AAC2-47DD-80CC-4486439EC8DD (resized).jpeg
4AFFC6EC-A8A6-41FE-9B75-855B909BDC16 (resized).jpeg
fa1 (resized).jpg
20210918_164900 (resized).jpg
20210918_164837 (resized).jpg
20210918_170734 (resized).jpg
E6558E2D-7168-42EA-A984-CE1877263561 (resized).jpeg
20210918_110057 (resized).jpg
There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 2 years ago

A few days in and quite a few different people playing her. This is a small conclusion.
I must admit though, my audio still needs to be better and newer code. I have definitely tweaked it to my liking ( which took some time ) and a few small niggles ( getting sorted)

Simple way to put it as when I explain a fairly simple ruleset and how to storm the castle after completing one of many modes. They love it and want just one more game.
Now don't get me wrong this is by no means an A title. But so far a definite B and what makes it to me even more special A is the customisations and a build quality you just have to admire from a start up Aussie manufactured machine.
I discover more each day and todays was the LOTL Lady Of The Lake Lock. pretty clever hidden under shooter lane plastic and drop targets.

If this is the quality of the first game , that have already succeeded in my opinion and Fathom is gonna be the shizzles.

It looks pretty on or off. I have nick named her the Italian Kitchen of Pinball machines. Green, purple and aqua are prominent.

Very proud to have this beast.
Would love to hear other owners thoughts.

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

A few days in and quite a few different people playing her. This is a small conclusion.
I must admit though, my audio still needs to be better and newer code. I have definitely tweaked it to my liking ( which took some time ) and a few small niggles ( getting sorted)
Simple way to put it as when I explain a fairly simple ruleset and how to storm the castle after completing one of many modes. They love it and want just one more game.
Now don't get me wrong this is by no means an A title. But so far a definite B and what makes it to me even more special A is the customisations and a build quality you just have to admire from a start up Aussie manufactured machine.
I discover more each day and todays was the LOTL Lady Of The Lake Lock. pretty clever hidden under shooter lane plastic and drop targets.
If this is the quality of the first game , that have already succeeded in my opinion and Fathom is gonna be the shizzles.
It looks pretty on or off. I have nick named her the Italian Kitchen of Pinball machines. Green, purple and aqua are prominent.
Very proud to have this beast.
Would love to hear other owners thoughts.

Thank you for sharing, she does look pretty. If that’s an indication of how Fathom will be built and look, buyers should be very excited and hopefully the wait won’t be too long.

#253 2 years ago

Looking forward to the next update and the new build timing. I'd rather hear nothing than be let down again though.

#254 2 years ago

Old School pretty much nails it with his post about Celts. A few little niggles to sort out but once you do it gets better & better.

Can you buy a new machine these days that doesn't have issues to sort out?

I love the build quality and I think I'm sold on the hybrid playfields. Cant wait to park Fathom next to it.

#255 2 years ago

I really would like more info and views on the playfields. I suspect that i won't tell the difference. People always say protectors ruin the feel of a game, but i can't pick the difference.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I really would like more info and views on the playfields. I suspect that i won't tell the difference. People always say protectors ruin the feel of a game, but i can't pick the difference.

First of all, it isn't a protector as in the sense you are referring to, but in saying that, mylar, wax and clear coat are protectors too.
This is a durable construction type with a construction to hopefully prevent what most manufacturers have as far as playfield surface issues..

The first initial feeling was WTF, as I stated before, it is so dang quiet . Because you don't have the ball roll, mechanisms loud clanging etc it makes you think it is weird. You soon get over that and realise the benefits and appreciate some one bringing this technology back to the market.
The hybrid playfield is AWESOME, when you see it, feel it, touch it and then play on it, you will be converted after a short time.
punkin what do you want to see? I will gladly take a pic of it, but I don't want to ruin the experience for any new buyers as this is a truly unique, boutique machine.

#257 2 years ago

I know it's not a protector, that was an analogy. Just saying i can't notice a protector affecting play like some people say, so i doubt i'll tell the difference tween a synthetic playfield and a wooden one.

What i was hoping to see was owners impressions of the new playfield technology.

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I know it's not a protector, that was an analogy. Just saying i can't notice a protector affecting play like some people say, so i doubt i'll tell the difference tween a synthetic playfield and a wooden one.
What i was hoping to see was owners impressions of the new playfield technology.

Yep, I am an owner and believe it or not the tech is not new, plexiglas was used on a Bally game , Elektra in 1981.
The people who have played it think this alone is worth purchasing for.
just think of it as a quiet, fast, freshly waxed playfield .

What does a Scot wear under his kilt? EXTRA BALL!

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Y
What does a Scot wear under his kilt? EXTRA BALL!

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from DeprivedFallacy:

Good stuff man I'm build no25 hopefully not to far behind ya super excited wanna here the custom call out an stuff an the lady of the lake wizard mode hope he had the loch Ness monster haha

YooHoo, guess what Aaron?

celts1 (resized).jpgcelts1 (resized).jpg

#261 2 years ago

Just watched my big bro have a cracker of a game. So much more in this game than previously though/ seen.
He got CELTS multi ball and best that mode to get SUPER MULTIBALL with a great sound track.
This game is VERY addictive.

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

YooHoo, guess what Aaron?
[quoted image]

Haha it's very fun game was worried with it being single level playfield but the whole thing is awesome the sound the lights an gameplay is a great first pin to haggis well done

U an Johny can come for a game just text me a time an date mate

IMG20211002104415 (resized).jpgIMG20211002104415 (resized).jpgreceived_316263380258354 (resized).jpegreceived_316263380258354 (resized).jpeg
#263 2 years ago

Way to go Clan Cassie

#264 2 years ago

Really liking the build quality on my Celts. I noticed how well the targets are reinforced this afternoon.

20211011_185420 (3) (resized).jpg20211011_185420 (3) (resized).jpg
#265 2 years ago

The engineering and choice of materials is pretty impressive and more people should appreciate this fact.

#267 2 years ago

The newest update.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

The newest update.

Appreciate the update. A little disappointed we're still a ways off from Fathom production, but I get the difficulties they're facing.

Also, I really liked the building/driveway update and the mech discussion. I hope we get more videos detailing the behind-the-scenes production stuff for Fathom.

#269 2 years ago

That star rollover is cool!! Looks like it will be very reliable!

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

That star rollover is cool!! Looks like it will be very reliable!

I hope they will be available for sale separately.

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I hope they will be available for sale separately.

For use on what?

Remember they are making this because of their no insert setup

#272 2 years ago

Pretty impressive that they have managed to keep things going and continue to deliver, despite the Melbourne lockdown and the supply shortages.

Damian wasn’t kidding when he said Melbourne is the most locked down city in the world. And the lock downs have been enforced pretty harshly. Many other smaller manufacturers would have closed up shop under such circumstances. Hang in there lads and keep up the good work.

#273 2 years ago

How good is that? Can't get too much more honesty in a "what's going on" update.

2 weeks later
#274 2 years ago

Played my mates Haggis Celts today.

What a fantastic game! The quality is amazing, feels even better than my Houdini.
The game is just incredible to play and though i just had a few games to learn a few of the rules, i could see myself deadset being addicted to it.

celts2 (resized).jpgcelts2 (resized).jpg

Such a beautiful machine.

3 weeks later
#275 2 years ago

Has anyone imported their machine from Haggis? Care to offer any advice on the process. Our game is most done and we are going to airfreight it but also looking for other options.

Thanks in advance!

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Has anyone imported their machine from Haggis? Care to offer any advice on the process. Our game is most done and we are going to airfreight it but also looking for other options.
Thanks in advance!

I am also going to airfreight mine which should be finished soon but I am pretty confused on the process for filling out the paperwork for customs.

#277 2 years ago

You guys should join together (and with any others who are shipping) and freight them all together to a common destination. Then collect/ship them from there.

It would work out much cheaper across the board. 1x doc fee, 1x entry fee, etc etc.

rd

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You guys should join together (and with any others who are shipping) and freight them all together to a common destination. Then collect/ship them from there.
It would work out much cheaper across the board. 1x doc fee, 1x entry fee, etc etc.
rd

I cannot inconvenience myself that much. Haha. Air freight to a local terminal is the way for me. Not a bad idea but the USA is too big for that to work amongst a dozen people.

Thanks for the replies.

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:For use on what?
Remember they are making this because of their no insert setup

Did mention it was easily replaceable / serviceable. So presume the housing and star itself will be able to be purchased if needed. The micro switch

Quoted from Pinhead86:

I am also going to airfreight mine which should be finished soon but I am pretty confused on the process for filling out the paperwork for customs.

Mine as well.. The paperwork is fairly easy for an individual (or at least I think it is). I have not imported in the past, so I guess will find out what happens.

What I did so far:

Found an online broker:
https://www.eezyimport.com/

Signed up for a free account, and they also will file 5106 electronically for you. And you will get a response back very quickly.
As an individual you will use your social security number for the filing id.

Then I also filled out form 5106, and sent a copy to Haggis to include direct in the shipment as a backup.

But I would also like to hear if there are other steps once a shipment occurs that we have to be aware of, or will this just ultimately get to us through customs..

1 week later
#280 2 years ago

This surprise Xmas care package arrived today. The Haggis Pinball team are bloody awesome!!

D00E4271-AEC9-46EB-9578-080E68C78353 (resized).jpegD00E4271-AEC9-46EB-9578-080E68C78353 (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#281 1 year ago

Can anybody give me a Haggis fathom update. I have heard absolutely nothing from them. I have emailed them and do not get a response. I sent in a deposit and am feeling like a got taken. Any information or a good contact email or # would be greatly appreciated.

#282 1 year ago
Quoted from chertok33:

Can anybody give me a Haggis fathom update. I have heard absolutely nothing from them. I have emailed them and do not get a response. I sent in a deposit and am feeling like a got taken. Any information or a good contact email or # would be greatly appreciated.

Check the Fathom Owners thread or the working topic one of a couple hundred pages mate for whats up if you don't get an answer to a reasonable question.

Wrong place to ask here i reckon.

#283 1 year ago

Got the email requesting final payment today!
Woohoo I’m on the home straight, 12 weeks to go, give or take.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-pinball-new-australian-pinball-company/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.