C51469EB-AAC2-47DD-80CC-4486439EC8DD (resized).jpeg
4AFFC6EC-A8A6-41FE-9B75-855B909BDC16 (resized).jpeg
fa1 (resized).jpg
20210918_164900 (resized).jpg
20210918_164837 (resized).jpg
20210918_170734 (resized).jpg
E6558E2D-7168-42EA-A984-CE1877263561 (resized).jpeg
20210918_110057 (resized).jpg
There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Really enjoyed watching the stream, I played it early on a few times and really like how the production unit has come together - to think this is their first pin with no previous experience in pinball is truly amazing. Well done guys

Maybe Deeproot should watch these videos and learn something. 5 people without multi millions behind them gets the job done and manufactures their first pin. Pinball is easy if you have a team competent to get the job done. Congrats to the Haggis team for pulling this off. Really an amazing job.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Keep asking on fb, but does anyone know if they are sending a machine to Pinfest this month? I may be in the market, but haven't played one.

I heard Damian say during the live stream that they are unable to bring a machine to Pinfest this year.

#103 3 years ago

Looks like a ball tearer of a game, got to love ORIGINAL themes

Added over 3 years ago:

#104 3 years ago

Wish you guys much success, hope it doesn’t cost a kings ransom to get them to the USA because i love what i am seeing

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Keep asking on fb, but does anyone know if they are sending a machine to Pinfest this month? I may be in the market, but haven't played one.

You could ask HaggisPinball

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from cmstruth:

Wish you guys much success, hope it doesn’t cost a kings ransom to get them to the USA because i love what i am seeing

They said on the stream that shipping to US would be roughly $900. Does anyone know if there are additional duties or fees for importing something from Australia?

#107 3 years ago

Team Haggis Pinball YEEEEEEEEEW

1205623A-0D0A-4E54-A04E-040DE36AD02E (resized).jpeg1205623A-0D0A-4E54-A04E-040DE36AD02E (resized).jpeg
#108 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Team Haggis Pinball YEEEEEEEEEW[quoted image]

Clan Haggis! I was super impressed with the packaging too.

#109 3 years ago

Just submitted my preference sheet! Clan Schory has chosen Grurple!!!

#110 3 years ago

CLAN DOLBY also in Grurple and my year of birth #69 Dude

Firkin STOKED!

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi or should I say Ach man, Ach man, Ach man

#111 3 years ago

sorry for posting as it is an old video!!!!!!!! still cool though

hang onto your hats, looks like this company is gonna surprise quite a few

#112 3 years ago

hang onto your hats, looks like this company is gonna surprise quite a few

That was from 2 years ago before they changed to do Celts, was there some news as to this being their next pin??

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That was from 2 years ago before they changed to do Celts, was there some news as to this being their next pin??

Well bugger me it is too, just popped up on my youtube as new nd thought hhhhmmmm!
Sorry folks got a bit excited, but maybe?

#114 3 years ago

Well bugger me it is too, just popped up on my youtube as new nd thought hhhhmmmm!
Sorry folks got a bit excited, but maybe?

well you never know, I sure there are some ideas/plans, certainly keen to see what is next

#115 3 years ago

As Clan Haggis members, we’ll know their next game/theme in early 2021. Wraith is still on the cards, but don’t think it’ll be next.

#116 3 years ago

looking forward to getting to play this, some day.

#117 3 years ago

Deposit made. This will be at Helicon Brewing!!

1 week later
#118 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Deposit made. This will be at Helicon Brewing!!

Road trip

#119 3 years ago

Just recieved and update from Haggis. Sounds like they plan to give buyers regular updates on their progress. Very cool and great way to make customers feel valued. Here is an excerpt that has the most important stuff:

"Right now, the plan is to process games in batches of ten, made in order of deposits received. And that is what we have started as of last week. I have brought on another employee in the factory who is now concentrating on wiring and mech assembly. I also bought some small equipment and tools that should help expedite that process as well, and we also have started working through a process for our "line" to make it as efficient as possible in the physical space we have here in the factory."

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just recieved and update from Haggis. Sounds like they plan to give buyers regular updates on their progress. Very cool and great way to make customers feel valued. Here is an excerpt that has the most important stuff:
"Right now, the plan is to process games in batches of ten, made in order of deposits received. And that is what we have started as of last week. I have brought on another employee in the factory who is now concentrating on wiring and mech assembly. I also bought some small equipment and tools that should help expedite that process as well, and we also have started working through a process for our "line" to make it as efficient as possible in the physical space we have here in the factory."

Getting updates like that is pretty cool. It's great to hear how they are going, so please share where appropriate. Thanks

4 weeks later
#121 3 years ago

Just got another update. Pertinent information below:

Things have still been progressing here at the factory (I'll put some more pics below), which have needed to focus on making better use of the limited space I have here while I start to receive larger stock quantities. Larger amounts of stock now mean that I need to implement better processes and workflows to manage the volume and new and improved methods to facilitate the actual manufacturing tasks that flow on from that (which I know will be an ongoing project of its own). We've received some large orders from suppliers overseas and unfortunately have had some delays on orders that I am now expecting mid to late January (such as 500 pinball legs).

We have now printed all the standard and custom backglass artwork, cabinet decals and prepared playfields for the first batch of games. (playfield prep includes our custom chemical soak and white layer application, along with playfield artwork application to our acrylic tops). We have also started progressing assembled cabinets through their prep and paint stages, ready for the cabinet art to be applied

As always, I will continue to keep you updated as we progress on your build, and feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have.

I have also had a couple of other enhancements percolating in the background that I will confirm are available as optional factory-fitted add-ons to the game early in the new year. They are internal cabinet side art and mirror blades and serial addressable LED speaker rings (serial addressable meaning we will code interaction with the speaker lights into the overall light show) - so things haven't slowed down !!

#122 3 years ago

Or you could make them standard and raise your pricing. I know you have a different model, but it's worth thinking about.

Good update BTW, following with interest and looking forward to playing my mate Aaron's game when he gets it. I'll make a decision then.

1 month later
#123 3 years ago

New Update! Attached were pics of assembled mechs, toys, palettes of boxes, and painted cabinets with decals ready for playfields.

"Welcome to 2021! I hope you are well, and fingers crossed for a more productive year than 2020!

Apologies for the slow start to the updates for 2021; it seems I have missed January altogether. As much as I'd like to say it was because I was sitting on a beach kicking back, taking it easy... we have still been busy beavering away working on all the small details (and some large ones) that are needed to start getting games out the door.

Mech assembly has been continuing in earnest, deliveries for small parts (springs, wave washers, specialty bolts) have been rolling in. I've just taken delivery of our shipping boxes, and my order for legs and leg braces is now on the water and on its way to us.

The first batch of playfields are getting wiring looms finalized, ready to start assembling, and then placing into cabinets for final playtesting before making their way into the shipping boxes for transport.

From a timing perspective, it has still been very hard for me to 100% zone in on when games will start rolling out with consistency. I have been concentrating on making sure that all the back end tasks such as cabinet build, mech assembly, wiring loom construction, lighting assemblies, etc, have a head start, so there aren't any bottlenecks once we are moving. However, until those processes kick in, I'm still just working hard to get it all going.

As of today, I am scheduled to get the first three games out before the end of February. I am then anticipating that I will ship three games a week until we work through the current list of orders. Of course, I am pushing hard and hopeful those numbers will improve and will keep you updated."

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New Update! Attached were pics of assembled mechs, toys, palettes of boxes, and painted cabinets with decals ready for playfields.
"Welcome to 2021! I hope you are well, and fingers crossed for a more productive year than 2020!
Apologies for the slow start to the updates for 2021; it seems I have missed January altogether. As much as I'd like to say it was because I was sitting on a beach kicking back, taking it easy... we have still been busy beavering away working on all the small details (and some large ones) that are needed to start getting games out the door.
Mech assembly has been continuing in earnest, deliveries for small parts (springs, wave washers, specialty bolts) have been rolling in. I've just taken delivery of our shipping boxes, and my order for legs and leg braces is now on the water and on its way to us.
The first batch of playfields are getting wiring looms finalized, ready to start assembling, and then placing into cabinets for final playtesting before making their way into the shipping boxes for transport.
From a timing perspective, it has still been very hard for me to 100% zone in on when games will start rolling out with consistency. I have been concentrating on making sure that all the back end tasks such as cabinet build, mech assembly, wiring loom construction, lighting assemblies, etc, have a head start, so there aren't any bottlenecks once we are moving. However, until those processes kick in, I'm still just working hard to get it all going.
As of today, I am scheduled to get the first three games out before the end of February. I am then anticipating that I will ship three games a week until we work through the current list of orders. Of course, I am pushing hard and hopeful those numbers will improve and will keep you updated."

Transparency. It’s a refreshing attribute that your competitors in Texas could learn a thing or two about. Good luck in building this, it’s a massive undertaking to get it all right. It sounds like you are setting realistic expectations here.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Transparency. It’s a refreshing attribute that your competitors in Texas could learn a thing or two about. Good luck in building this, it’s a massive undertaking to get it all right. It sounds like you are setting realistic expectations here.

That’s exactly what the “competitors in Texas” did with their January update that was emailed to RAZA buyers. No difference other than your dislike of the Texas company.

Btw...I’m also rooting for Haggis Pinball...Celts looks fun!

#126 3 years ago

Just FYI, I'm just copying and pasting the emails sent to folks with Celts orders. I'm not part of Haggis. But I'm excited to get a personalized game!

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

That’s exactly what the “competitors in Texas” did with their January update that was emailed to RAZA buyers. No difference other than your dislike of the Texas company.
Btw...I’m also rooting for Haggis Pinball...Celts looks fun!

Hmm not exactly. Haggis tells you there are 3 people building machines, total output they can get per week. They don’t promise delivery they can’t meet, they don’t insinuate a production line that doesn’t exist. They don’t brag about “pinball is easy”. Apples != Oranges.

#128 3 years ago

Some of the pics from most recent email uodate.

3139a05cfd75ac125f995f7951b4f5ce2cc8c47828457da8e213112ad3f4a536 (resized).jpg3139a05cfd75ac125f995f7951b4f5ce2cc8c47828457da8e213112ad3f4a536 (resized).jpga2042fc48cb020d99511d7a5d8595cb079b5dfc0006c95e270bd8a8f409a6fb6 (resized).jpga2042fc48cb020d99511d7a5d8595cb079b5dfc0006c95e270bd8a8f409a6fb6 (resized).jpgb20c15cf9b6d57c543fec5980232f2834a1b4818be6bedc43f1d26d2aba277d7 (resized).jpgb20c15cf9b6d57c543fec5980232f2834a1b4818be6bedc43f1d26d2aba277d7 (resized).jpgbd008d9f9c588cb63f30f40a21c06129ef38de7a55bcd6571fa4d2ace77cae55 (resized).jpgbd008d9f9c588cb63f30f40a21c06129ef38de7a55bcd6571fa4d2ace77cae55 (resized).jpg
#129 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Some of the pics from most recent email uodate.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. Good to see progress. Thanks for the pics.

Looks like they have re-labeled leftover NOS Capcom slingshot mechs. maybe.

02009500_2900190 (resized).jpg02009500_2900190 (resized).jpg
#130 3 years ago

Can't wait to get mine, I think Damian and crew have put together a really fun machine! Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

#131 3 years ago

sometimes you just got to wait. this is the part of the fun when you order boutique games.

2 months later
#132 3 years ago

Oh yeah! Game #1 shipped. Only 18 more to go for yours truly.

#133 3 years ago

woooooooo hooooooooo

#134 3 years ago

Doctor John said his game was shipping this week and would have a video on YouTube and twitch.

Emilyanddoctorjohn on twitch

Congrats to Haggis for getting games shipped out!

#135 3 years ago

I'd love to see John and Emily with the machine, John's a great bloke and i'd really like to order one of these machines, just haven't seen fuck all game play.

I don't know (or want to) what a 'twitch' is out of ordinary context, but i'd love to see some vid and impressions when it's up.

A link would be appreciated (unless i have to sign up for a 'twitch').

#136 3 years ago

Emily and I have a YouTube channel as well as streaming on Twitch. When I get the game and get some gameplay under the belt I'll upload it and post the links here.

punkin don't tell me you're missing out on all the Hot Tub action on Twitch? - actually, don't bother!

Our YouTube channel is

#137 3 years ago

Cool thanks John. Have a hot tub here.....

Any comps going up there yet? Freeballers are talking about a trip to Sunshine Coast Pinball atm, but we'd love to come piss on your toilet seat at Bennie's too.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'd love to see John and Emily with the machine, John's a great bloke and i'd really like to order one of these machines, just haven't seen fuck all game play.
I don't know (or want to) what a 'twitch' is out of ordinary context, but i'd love to see some vid and impressions when it's up.
A link would be appreciated (unless i have to sign up for a 'twitch').

Here’s a video on YouTube. From a few months ago- Not sure if you’ve seen this?

#139 3 years ago

Excellent, thank you.

#140 3 years ago

Looks like a Celts Topper may be coming!?!

FB_IMG_1619054373504 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1619054373504 (resized).jpg
#141 3 years ago

https://fb.watch/51KaIMKj-E/

C0514B38-21EE-42F5-BF4C-E8149989CCB5 (resized).jpegC0514B38-21EE-42F5-BF4C-E8149989CCB5 (resized).jpeg
#142 3 years ago

Haggis is doing some serious teasing.

#143 3 years ago

@dendoc, will you have info on the S.H.I.t. segment on The pinball show Monday morning?

Also have you received your Celts?

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Looks like a Celts Topper may be coming!?![quoted image]

I think someone went overboard with the LEDs . Best topper ever , besides maybe Black Knight .

IMG20181016205939 (resized).jpgIMG20181016205939 (resized).jpg
#145 3 years ago

Doesn't look like Jaws.

#146 3 years ago

Atlantis? Lady of the lake? Lochness

#147 2 years ago

it is very intriguing, the quote is from Jaws 2, but the music really throws it off.

Atlantis? Lady of the lake? Lochness

Atlantis could be very cool as would Lochness, but don't know anything about Lady of the Lake

#148 2 years ago

So proud of @haggispinball. Up against a global pandemic they’ve been able to iterate and make their first machine as good as it can be. To see them ship their first in box machine was a great achievement. Excited for game 2, no matter what it is!

#149 2 years ago

the Clan Haggis members will find out the new title this week! Excited!!!

#150 2 years ago

You can check out Doctor John’s Celts unboxing

There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-pinball-new-australian-pinball-company/page/3?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.