C51469EB-AAC2-47DD-80CC-4486439EC8DD (resized).jpeg
4AFFC6EC-A8A6-41FE-9B75-855B909BDC16 (resized).jpeg
fa1 (resized).jpg
20210918_164900 (resized).jpg
20210918_164837 (resized).jpg
20210918_170734 (resized).jpg
E6558E2D-7168-42EA-A984-CE1877263561 (resized).jpeg
20210918_110057 (resized).jpg

There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 5 years ago

unless you want lung cancer, DO NOT CUT MDF WITHOUT EXTRACTION. It is a class 3 carcinogen.

#52 5 years ago

yep - thanks, I know

I think we're one of the last countries to even sell it.

Australia, if the wildlife doesn't kill you, workshop woodworking will !!

3 weeks later
4 weeks later
#54 5 years ago

Episode 10 - out a few days ago

1 month later
#55 4 years ago

wow.. been a few more episodes (including some from TPF) since I last posted here...
If you haven't seen them, below are episodes 11 to 16)

Episode 11

Episode 12

Episode 13

Episode 14

Episode 15

Episode 16

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

It seems like from his video he’s keeping expectations low

Makes sense to be prudent considering the last pinball startup from Australia told the world he was going to be churning out 100 machines a week, with 6 more titles in various stages of completion plus 40 more potentials on the imaginary whiteboard and he was so sure of success that he didn't need any US dollars to stay solvent.

Look how that hubris turned out.

2 months later
#58 4 years ago

Hi everyone... been another mountain of work going on since my last post here in April
Below are the current vids in the 'Let's Make a Pinball' series - I'll post up some of the update vids tomorrow

Episode 17

Episode 18

Episode 19

Episode 20

Episode 21

1 month later
#59 4 years ago

Hi all - couple more episodes on the build series - plus there's been a bunch of other updates on our YouTube/Facebook channel - cheers

Episode 22

Episode 23

Haggis Updates:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrhfDR7NuWGlEIdAi8qSksLSKnVjHeyAS

1 month later
#60 4 years ago

Had the pleasure of playing CELTS at Flipout 2019 this weekend, and, WOW, it blew us away. The build quality is phenomenal (felt solid, like an LE machine), the art package suits the theme (looks wonderful / colourful in person), the audio & video are in keeping with immersing you in the theme (who doesn’t like bagpipes!) & most importantly the gameplay & shots were right on the money - shots feel satisfying! The upper playfield is a great addition in providing variety to the game (nudging the ball up there gave us a buzz). Oh yeah, the price was also mind blowing - extremely fair and reasonable, starting from AUD$7,050. Can’t wait to see / play the finished product - it will only get better. Haggis Pinball should be proud, well done.

A2C72F1D-E886-44CE-9CCF-BB475160D398 (resized).jpegA2C72F1D-E886-44CE-9CCF-BB475160D398 (resized).jpegD923799D-4081-407E-9047-0BC08BC04EBE (resized).jpegD923799D-4081-407E-9047-0BC08BC04EBE (resized).jpeg960C80F1-CB90-4501-9651-25DFCE69D4F1 (resized).jpeg960C80F1-CB90-4501-9651-25DFCE69D4F1 (resized).jpegCF50F650-8AC4-4ADF-BB9F-A8698DC187DA (resized).jpegCF50F650-8AC4-4ADF-BB9F-A8698DC187DA (resized).jpeg7AFC9AE6-FA82-4CDC-A5B9-5E7953DF988D (resized).jpeg7AFC9AE6-FA82-4CDC-A5B9-5E7953DF988D (resized).jpeg55705D29-9CAA-411E-9FA2-EEEB61B1BC1D (resized).jpeg55705D29-9CAA-411E-9FA2-EEEB61B1BC1D (resized).jpeg
#61 4 years ago

Clever usage of an upper slingshot to avoid the need for a third bumper that would block the upper flipper shots, to have the equivalent for a ball down the top right lane to bounce towards, and to spang the ball at that flipper for the player to react to.

#62 4 years ago

As a True Scot I approve! Gameplay vid ya Bawheed!

#63 4 years ago

Congratulations on making something awesome! Look forward to purchasing one and getting this on our route!!

#64 4 years ago

There is nothing to shoot for looks like a 70's pinball.
I hate 70' machines because they all the same layout.
Its more like a homebrew reskin game to me.
Cant understand why people would buy this. Its not a TNA.
If you want to sell pinball machines make something people would buy, not because you want to build something.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

There is nothing to shoot for looks like a 70's pinball.
I hate 70' machines because they all the same layout.
Its more like a homebrew reskin game to me.
Cant understand why people would buy this. Its not a TNA.
If you want to sell pinball machines make something people would buy, not because you want to build something.

Have you even played it? Just because you hate 70s pins does not mean the rest of the market does! Give it a chance it may do well!

#66 4 years ago

Suncoast, maffia they all go down because nobody wants to buy there simple games.
So why will this work.
They are great the people from Haggis and there spirit
is even greater.
And i will shure play there games if i can.
But i think it won't sell in the usa or europe.

#67 4 years ago

Any pics of the middle playfield around the stand ups with the glass off? It's hard to make anything out with the glare.

#68 4 years ago

After seeing the theme and Playfield I thought whatever , but after playing it at Flip Out in Melbourne I was really impressed , it is very fun to shoot and I like the hidden passage on the right hand side , it has more to shoot than you think . Once the code is fully done I think it will be really good and a for people who have never made a pin before I was very impressed . The way it fell and played it didn't feel cheap unlike some pins I have played lately . I give it an " A " for people who have never made a pin before .

#69 4 years ago

I would say this machine has more going on than a BKSOR pro even though it does not have a ramp. I have played it in person and the modes are clever and unique. May not be for everyone but it was quite a bit of fun.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Any pics of the middle playfield around the stand ups with the glass off? It's hard to make anything out with the glare.

Couldn’t upload the vid direct, but you can check it out here (Twitter): https://twitter.com/ausretrogamer/status/1188744959001653249?s=20

#71 4 years ago

So lets make a poll.
Thumbs up if you going to buy this machine and thumbs down if you ar not.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

The upper playfield is a great addition

There's an upper playfield?
I would love to see detailed photos of the game without the glass on so I can get a better idea of the playfield. I can't watch any of the videos here.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

So lets make a poll.
Thumbs up if you going to buy this machine and thumbs down if you ar not.

And what is your payoff? What do you get out of this poll, besides the pleasure of shitting on someones parade and putting down their achievements?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

There's an upper playfield?
I would love to see detailed photos of the game without the glass on so I can get a better idea of the playfield. I can't watch any of the videos here.

source pic: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/10/17/pinball-expo-2019-3/

Just a clarification - it is a single level playfield with a (third) flipper in the upper area (sorry for any confusion caused).

191-pinball-expo-2019-576x1024 (resized).jpg191-pinball-expo-2019-576x1024 (resized).jpg
#75 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Just a clarification - it is a single level playfield with a (third) flipper in the upper area (sorry for any confusion caused).

Ahhhh thanks for the better photo! I had no idea there was a warthog there, what a cool sculpt!
Does the loop around the warthog have any other special features, like magnets that capture the ball or just a straightup loop like Silverball Mania? Can't see past the Caber Toss sign.

more pics like that, please!

#76 4 years ago

Going back to my days of reading Asterix as a youth but I'm guessing it's a boar, rather than a warthog.

Getting a real Highlander vibe from the pics and good use of screens shows a willingness to embrace new tech rather than resist it.

Looks promising so far.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Ahhhh thanks for the better photo! I had no idea there was a warthog there, what a cool sculpt!
Does the loop around the warthog have any other special features, like magnets that capture the ball or just a straightup loop like Silverball Mania? Can't see past the Caber Toss sign.
more pics like that, please!

There's a sourcer (VUK) at the boar, the horseshoe loop has a switch (under the Caber Toss sign) and there are standup targets on either side of the horseshoe entrances (ie 4 in total). Some of the modes like battling a clan require hitting the horseshoe (awards points to your clan) but avoiding the standups (awards points to the opposition clan) and it's the first to a certain number of points. So accurate shooting is key to progress through the modes.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

There's a sourcer (VUK) at the boar, the horseshoe loop has a switch (under the Caber Toss sign) and there are standup targets on either side of the horseshoe entrances (ie 4 in total). Some of the modes like battling a clan require hitting the horseshoe (awards points to your clan) but avoiding the standups (awards points to the opposition clan) and it's the first to a certain number of points. So accurate shooting is key to progress through the modes.

Thanks Manny65 - much better explanation than I could’ve done. Really enjoyed this at Flipout 2019.

2 weeks later
#79 4 years ago

Our interview with Haggis Pinball Founder and CEO, Damian Hartin, has been published. Please have a read here:

http://www.ausretrogamer.com/made-in-australia-haggis-pinball/

Lots of photos of their factory setup and also their debut machine, Celts.

Haggis-Pinball-Celts-4a (resized).pngHaggis-Pinball-Celts-4a (resized).png
#80 4 years ago

I played Celts at Pinball Expo. While it wasn't fully fleshed out per the employees at their booth, it still played well, felt solid and had good sounds & lighting. I do, however, wish it had a ramp or two.......... just because I like to shoot for them. But even without ramps, it still played well having a classic pinball game feel to it. For those just entering pinball or just a want a bit of simplicity to their game, this may be a good choice. Good luck Haggis!

#81 4 years ago

You can follow along the building of Celts at their (his?) new HQ here. Fun to watch the process!

2 months later
#82 4 years ago

BUMP
This Aussie is going the right direction and needs more exposure.
Put this test here and hope all news is put in one thread.
Go HAGGIS

8 months later
#83 3 years ago

Haggis announced 200 celts will be made. Around $6k plus shipping.

#85 3 years ago

Join the CLAN

0B4A98E0-A825-4493-A191-FB118BB09DB1 (resized).jpeg0B4A98E0-A825-4493-A191-FB118BB09DB1 (resized).jpeg397FA428-DBC7-448A-A345-8EB853512618 (resized).jpeg397FA428-DBC7-448A-A345-8EB853512618 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#86 3 years ago

@haggispinball’s CELTS will be streamed on Melbourne Silverball’s Twitch channel in an hour and a half (1PM AEST) - see pic for times in your timezone....

pic source: Haggis Pinball & Melbourne Silverball

4DFE0EBD-7456-46B1-8B8D-63EF66ED4C28 (resized).jpeg4DFE0EBD-7456-46B1-8B8D-63EF66ED4C28 (resized).jpeg55726077-4A93-47DE-B735-278E19D58A99 (resized).jpeg55726077-4A93-47DE-B735-278E19D58A99 (resized).jpeg
#87 3 years ago

looking forward to this, have to wait till the youtube vid though.

#89 3 years ago

Love the theme!

#90 3 years ago

Surprised there isn't more talk about this. The gamed looked good and seemed to shoot great. Price is very good except for shipping from Australia. There are already several being bought in the US.

New word for the day - Grurple!

#91 3 years ago

I'm in! The ability to have my family name as a Clan, family colors, and customized backglass is what sold me. Plus, the game looks like a lot of fun and feels good to help a new company out.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I'm in! The ability to have my family name as a Clan, family colors, and customized backglass is what sold me. Plus, the game looks like a lot of fun and feels good to help a new company out.

What happens when you want to sell the game?

Is the new buyer stuck with your family name, family colors and backglass?

Just curious.

Thanks.

#93 3 years ago

Quality video. First watch, looks like a really strong first effort.

I watched 10 minutes of the stream.

Here's what it checks off for me:

* horseshoe
* 4-drop target bank <-- wait, what??? I thought only JJP/Stern were permitted to install drop target banks...
* spinner

Next I'll listen with video turned off and listen for whether it passes the sound test. Does it sound like pinball?

-mof

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Does it sound like pinball?

Can't say for sure -- I wasn't able to find a section of this video where the pinball sound is primary. Most important, I was listening for the spinner rip. This is where a machine wins/fails for me most in terms of sound.

To me, a pinball machine is a magical music box where u try to control what you hear based on your ability to knock a silver ball around. I have to WANT to hear the sounds. I feel like moderns in general don't get this principle.

-mof

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Just curious.
Thanks.

They offer a "standard" backglass for $500 Australian. You can factory reset the game to remove personalized callouts and animation. This was addressed in the stream around the 1hr mark, fyi. But for me, a personalized game with crest, callouts, etc is something I would hope to pass down to one of my children. I have a 1964 Big Top EM that will never leave. It was my grandparents, it was in my parent's house, now it has been in my home for the last 5 years.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Just curious.
Thanks.

The code can be reset to show the Haggis Clan instead of your name. Also you can buy a standard backglass to replace your custom backglass when you sell the machine. That way you can keep your custom backglass!

Edit: You beat me by a minute on the explanation!

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:Most important, I was listening for the spinner rip. This is where a machine wins/fails for me most in terms of sound.

Yes, I definitely did hear the spinner rip a few times for sure.

#98 3 years ago

Really enjoyed watching the stream, I played it early on a few times and really like how the production unit has come together - to think this is their first pin with no previous experience in pinball is truly amazing. Well done guys

#99 3 years ago

Keep asking on fb, but does anyone know if they are sending a machine to Pinfest this month? I may be in the market, but haven't played one.

#100 3 years ago

Emailed a few days ago. Can I get some info.

[email protected]

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-pinball-new-australian-pinball-company/page/2?hl=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.