1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by oldskool1969
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Haggis-Pinball-Celts-4a (resized).png
    191-pinball-expo-2019-576x1024 (resized).jpg
    55705D29-9CAA-411E-9FA2-EEEB61B1BC1D (resized).jpeg
    7AFC9AE6-FA82-4CDC-A5B9-5E7953DF988D (resized).jpeg
    CF50F650-8AC4-4ADF-BB9F-A8698DC187DA (resized).jpeg
    960C80F1-CB90-4501-9651-25DFCE69D4F1 (resized).jpeg
    D923799D-4081-407E-9047-0BC08BC04EBE (resized).jpeg
    A2C72F1D-E886-44CE-9CCF-BB475160D398 (resized).jpeg

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

unless you want lung cancer, DO NOT CUT MDF WITHOUT EXTRACTION. It is a class 3 carcinogen.

#52 1 year ago

yep - thanks, I know

I think we're one of the last countries to even sell it.

Australia, if the wildlife doesn't kill you, workshop woodworking will !!

3 weeks later
    4 weeks later
    #54 1 year ago

Episode 10 - out a few days ago

1 month later
    #55 1 year ago

wow.. been a few more episodes (including some from TPF) since I last posted here...
    If you haven't seen them, below are episodes 11 to 16)

Episode 11

Episode 12

Episode 13

Episode 14

Episode 15

Episode 16

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spinape:

It seems like from his video he’s keeping expectations low

Makes sense to be prudent considering the last pinball startup from Australia told the world he was going to be churning out 100 machines a week, with 6 more titles in various stages of completion plus 40 more potentials on the imaginary whiteboard and he was so sure of success that he didn't need any US dollars to stay solvent.

Look how that hubris turned out.

2 months later
    #58 11 months ago

Hi everyone... been another mountain of work going on since my last post here in April
    Below are the current vids in the 'Let's Make a Pinball' series - I'll post up some of the update vids tomorrow

Episode 17

Episode 18

Episode 19

Episode 20

Episode 21

1 month later
    #59 9 months ago

Hi all - couple more episodes on the build series - plus there's been a bunch of other updates on our YouTube/Facebook channel - cheers

Episode 22

Episode 23

Haggis Updates:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrhfDR7NuWGlEIdAi8qSksLSKnVjHeyAS

1 month later
    #60 7 months ago

Had the pleasure of playing CELTS at Flipout 2019 this weekend, and, WOW, it blew us away. The build quality is phenomenal (felt solid, like an LE machine), the art package suits the theme (looks wonderful / colourful in person), the audio & video are in keeping with immersing you in the theme (who doesn’t like bagpipes!) & most importantly the gameplay & shots were right on the money - shots feel satisfying! The upper playfield is a great addition in providing variety to the game (nudging the ball up there gave us a buzz). Oh yeah, the price was also mind blowing - extremely fair and reasonable, starting from AUD$7,050. Can’t wait to see / play the finished product - it will only get better. Haggis Pinball should be proud, well done.

A2C72F1D-E886-44CE-9CCF-BB475160D398 (resized).jpegD923799D-4081-407E-9047-0BC08BC04EBE (resized).jpeg960C80F1-CB90-4501-9651-25DFCE69D4F1 (resized).jpegCF50F650-8AC4-4ADF-BB9F-A8698DC187DA (resized).jpeg7AFC9AE6-FA82-4CDC-A5B9-5E7953DF988D (resized).jpeg55705D29-9CAA-411E-9FA2-EEEB61B1BC1D (resized).jpeg
    #61 7 months ago

Clever usage of an upper slingshot to avoid the need for a third bumper that would block the upper flipper shots, to have the equivalent for a ball down the top right lane to bounce towards, and to spang the ball at that flipper for the player to react to.

#62 7 months ago

As a True Scot I approve! Gameplay vid ya Bawheed!

#63 7 months ago

Congratulations on making something awesome! Look forward to purchasing one and getting this on our route!!

#64 7 months ago

There is nothing to shoot for looks like a 70's pinball.
    I hate 70' machines because they all the same layout.
    Its more like a homebrew reskin game to me.
    Cant understand why people would buy this. Its not a TNA.
    If you want to sell pinball machines make something people would buy, not because you want to build something.

#65 7 months ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

There is nothing to shoot for looks like a 70's pinball.
    I hate 70' machines because they all the same layout.
    Its more like a homebrew reskin game to me.
    Cant understand why people would buy this. Its not a TNA.
    If you want to sell pinball machines make something people would buy, not because you want to build something.

Have you even played it? Just because you hate 70s pins does not mean the rest of the market does! Give it a chance it may do well!

#66 7 months ago

Suncoast, maffia they all go down because nobody wants to buy there simple games.
    So why will this work.
    They are great the people from Haggis and there spirit
    is even greater.
    And i will shure play there games if i can.
    But i think it won't sell in the usa or europe.

#67 7 months ago

Any pics of the middle playfield around the stand ups with the glass off? It's hard to make anything out with the glare.

#68 7 months ago

After seeing the theme and Playfield I thought whatever , but after playing it at Flip Out in Melbourne I was really impressed , it is very fun to shoot and I like the hidden passage on the right hand side , it has more to shoot than you think . Once the code is fully done I think it will be really good and a for people who have never made a pin before I was very impressed . The way it fell and played it didn't feel cheap unlike some pins I have played lately . I give it an " A " for people who have never made a pin before .

#69 7 months ago

I would say this machine has more going on than a BKSOR pro even though it does not have a ramp. I have played it in person and the modes are clever and unique. May not be for everyone but it was quite a bit of fun.

#70 7 months ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Any pics of the middle playfield around the stand ups with the glass off? It's hard to make anything out with the glare.

Couldn’t upload the vid direct, but you can check it out here (Twitter): https://twitter.com/ausretrogamer/status/1188744959001653249?s=20

#71 7 months ago

So lets make a poll.
    Thumbs up if you going to buy this machine and thumbs down if you ar not.

#72 7 months ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

The upper playfield is a great addition

There's an upper playfield?
    I would love to see detailed photos of the game without the glass on so I can get a better idea of the playfield. I can't watch any of the videos here.

#73 7 months ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

So lets make a poll.
    Thumbs up if you going to buy this machine and thumbs down if you ar not.

And what is your payoff? What do you get out of this poll, besides the pleasure of shitting on someones parade and putting down their achievements?

#74 7 months ago
    Quoted from cait001:

There's an upper playfield?
    I would love to see detailed photos of the game without the glass on so I can get a better idea of the playfield. I can't watch any of the videos here.

source pic: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/10/17/pinball-expo-2019-3/

Just a clarification - it is a single level playfield with a (third) flipper in the upper area (sorry for any confusion caused).

191-pinball-expo-2019-576x1024 (resized).jpg
    #75 7 months ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Just a clarification - it is a single level playfield with a (third) flipper in the upper area (sorry for any confusion caused).

Ahhhh thanks for the better photo! I had no idea there was a warthog there, what a cool sculpt!
    Does the loop around the warthog have any other special features, like magnets that capture the ball or just a straightup loop like Silverball Mania? Can't see past the Caber Toss sign.

more pics like that, please!

#76 7 months ago

Going back to my days of reading Asterix as a youth but I'm guessing it's a boar, rather than a warthog.

Getting a real Highlander vibe from the pics and good use of screens shows a willingness to embrace new tech rather than resist it.

Looks promising so far.

#77 7 months ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Ahhhh thanks for the better photo! I had no idea there was a warthog there, what a cool sculpt!
    Does the loop around the warthog have any other special features, like magnets that capture the ball or just a straightup loop like Silverball Mania? Can't see past the Caber Toss sign.
    more pics like that, please!

There's a sourcer (VUK) at the boar, the horseshoe loop has a switch (under the Caber Toss sign) and there are standup targets on either side of the horseshoe entrances (ie 4 in total). Some of the modes like battling a clan require hitting the horseshoe (awards points to your clan) but avoiding the standups (awards points to the opposition clan) and it's the first to a certain number of points. So accurate shooting is key to progress through the modes.

#78 7 months ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

There's a sourcer (VUK) at the boar, the horseshoe loop has a switch (under the Caber Toss sign) and there are standup targets on either side of the horseshoe entrances (ie 4 in total). Some of the modes like battling a clan require hitting the horseshoe (awards points to your clan) but avoiding the standups (awards points to the opposition clan) and it's the first to a certain number of points. So accurate shooting is key to progress through the modes.

Thanks manny65 - much better explanation than I could’ve done. Really enjoyed this at Flipout 2019.

2 weeks later
    #79 6 months ago

Our interview with Haggis Pinball Founder and CEO, Damian Hartin, has been published. Please have a read here:

http://www.ausretrogamer.com/made-in-australia-haggis-pinball/

Lots of photos of their factory setup and also their debut machine, Celts.

Haggis-Pinball-Celts-4a (resized).png
    #80 6 months ago

I played Celts at Pinball Expo. While it wasn't fully fleshed out per the employees at their booth, it still played well, felt solid and had good sounds & lighting. I do, however, wish it had a ramp or two.......... just because I like to shoot for them. But even without ramps, it still played well having a classic pinball game feel to it. For those just entering pinball or just a want a bit of simplicity to their game, this may be a good choice. Good luck Haggis!

#81 6 months ago

You can follow along the building of Celts at their (his?) new HQ here. Fun to watch the process!

2 months later
    #82 3 months ago

BUMP
    This Aussie is going the right direction and needs more exposure.
    Put this test here and hope all news is put in one thread.
    Go HAGGIS

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 339.00
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RobTune
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 22.50
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside