Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7125D8B3-BC05-4EA8-A60E-7E84511248C8 (resized).jpeg
    Haggis playfield (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200121_235955~01 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    822F7E48-D642-423B-B425-7C4D539837A4 (resized).png
    77218F67-E827-49F9-8AAE-8020230DA3AC (resized).jpeg
    20200106_164901 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from HaggisPinball:

Thanks to Cary for posting the review
    I clarified a couple of points on the YouTube clip, so thought I would add them here as well:
    Hi Cary - thanks for making the video - much appreciated
    Just to clarify a couple of points:
    1. Acrylic layer is 4.5mm (so a little under a 1/4 inch)
    2. The plywood layer is 9mm, so I end up at a standard thickness playfield so standard mechs still fit
    2. The test rig at the time I filmed that was at 504,000 passes (with a small double tap at the end of one pass, so that section probably double that) - it's now currently over 800,000 and there is no wear. That mark you can see is actually a dust line and cleans off with some IPA - I probably should have cleaned it first but I did literally take it off while filming. Interestingly, the ball spends the majority of it's time rolling up and down the middle, the vibrations sometimes shim it to one side, which of course it decided to do when I filmed it
    Cheers,
    Damian

Thanks for taking a serious and intellectual stand on playfield issues, doing tests etc.
    Well done

It´s remarkable that more established manufacturers over the years, has simply choosen to shit on the customers.
    My guess is they dont want your things to stand for the test of time, but to buy buy buy.

On the subject, have you tested with scratch free polycarbonate?
    Granted, it costs way more then acrylic, but you can probably get away with a much thinner layer.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t know man a video of some hairy dudes love-tapping a thick acrylic block with tools and everybody thinks it’s a “paradigm shift?”
    We’ll see. I’ll be pretty surprised if this ever becomes the “industry standard” but I’ll enjoy watching this play out.

There is nothing new about it. Playfield protectors has been around for long. Just make it a little bit thicker and make all bolts etc fit to it aswell to avoid any pooling issues and done.

The new thing is the clarity, realisation, and also, wich i really fancy, the ikea testing with the moving ball.
    Maybe stern should pick up doing some tests on their new games or atleast play a couple of games, as it is now, is just ridiculous.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed and if the picture is a representation I will stick with pooling personally.

I dont think that fugly pic is representative for state of the art acrylic cutting, more gary stern doing toe nails.

Try this

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-pinball-defeats-dimpling-and-pooling-with-sledgehammer-test?tu=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.