Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7125D8B3-BC05-4EA8-A60E-7E84511248C8 (resized).jpeg
    Haggis playfield (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200121_235955~01 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    822F7E48-D642-423B-B425-7C4D539837A4 (resized).png
    77218F67-E827-49F9-8AAE-8020230DA3AC (resized).jpeg
    20200106_164901 (resized).jpg

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago

Interesting idea and indeed kind of dust off old technologies for some part as it has been done befor. I have 2 pinballs with a Playfield protector and owned a 3rd one and I find them playing fine. Assume this will be quite similar.

HaggisPinball :

As I understand there are now 3 options:

1) classic wood-only playfield as we all now
    2) wood + acryl with anti-scratch layer
    3) wood + acryl with anti-scratch layer + clearcoat.

What is the idea behind option 3? Is this for feel of play or to make it even more scratch resistant? Assume option 1 is available for those not trusting-wanting the acryl top-layer? Perhaps also available for lowest cost?

Than option 2 and 3, how do you do the inserts? Is there a 'dummy' insert present or is it just an empty hole? When I look at the youtube video

I can see 'ribs' as present with classic playfields (see attached picture). Or was this an option 1 playfield?

Haggis playfield (resized).jpegHaggis playfield (resized).jpeg
    #102 3 years ago

Hi Rensh,

To clarify, the three options are (from you post above):

1) classic wood-only playfield as we all now
    2) wood + acryl with anti-scratch layer
    3) wood + acryl + clearcoat.

So option 3 isn't using the scratch resistant coating, just standard acrylic with a clear coat. Option three was for those that didn't want to play on an acrylic top, but wanted to retain a clear coat feel/finish, without the worry of dimpling, etc..

The prototype we had a Chicago Expo (the video still you posted), was a traditional playfield, so has our faceted inserts installed. Both of the Hybrid options (HySR and HyCC) will also have the same inserts installed, just via a different mounting method.

Cheers,
    Damian

4 months later
    #103 3 years ago

It seems like just months ago Haggis was the talk of the town with their revolutionary bulletproof playfields and dramatized hammer love-tap demonstration videos.

ANything new? I was hoping for some slingshot plastics and a microwave oven, or maybe a dunk tank revealing waterproof cabinets. Or maybe titanium boardsets being run over by an old Buick?

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It seems like just months ago Haggis was the talk of the town with their revolutionary bulletproof playfields...

Obviously just using a good grade wood. That's all it takes I hear.

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It seems like just months ago Haggis was the talk of the town with their revolutionary bulletproof playfields and dramatized hammer love-tap demonstration videos.
    ANything new? I was hoping for some slingshot plastics and a microwave oven, or maybe a dunk tank revealing waterproof cabinets. Or maybe titanium boardsets being run over by an old Buick?

I hear the cabinets are going to be dipped in a vat of Flex Seal.

#106 3 years ago

Haggis would be unable to work due to lockdowns in Melbourne at the moment.

1 month later
    #107 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Melbourne has been in lock down for months to prevent the spread of Corona Virus. They are not able to travel to the factory.

This lockdown has not helped stem the spread of pointless sarcasm.

Also when did you see or play Celts?

Or maybe you haven't seen or played it and you just like to try and kick the leg from someone's chair before they stand up.

Feel free to post some videos and information on the innovations you are working on.

Why are you even here?

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t know man a video of some hairy dudes love-tapping a thick acrylic block with tools and everybody thinks it’s a “paradigm shift?”
    We’ll see. I’ll be pretty surprised if this ever becomes the “industry standard” but I’ll enjoy watching this play out.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That remains to be seen. Using something besides wood has been tried many times, usually with less than satisfactory results.
    Let’s see this thing hooked up to an actual pinball machine with actual components on both sides and hundreds of games a day on it before we declare it would save, and not cause, headaches.
    As it is, they are not smacking a pinball playfield with a sledgehammer, they are gingerly tapping a piece of plastic art with various tools. Entertaining demo but pretty silly to declare it has any real world relevance to pinball playfields at this point.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys are very easily impressed is all I’m saying. Get real.
    Enjoy your acrylic block playfields. Gonna revolutionize pinball! Easy to tell from a quick YouTube demo.
    And who is taking about stern? Not me. You are obviously obsessed. As far as I can tell they have nothing to do with plastic playfields.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

Melbourne has been in lock down for months to prevent the spread of Corona Virus. They are not able to travel to the factory.
    This lockdown has not helped stem the spread of pointless sarcasm.
    Also when did you see or play Celts?
    Or maybe you haven't seen or played it and you just like to try and kick the leg from someone's chair before they stand up.
    Feel free to post some videos and information on the innovations you are working on.
    Why are you even here?

I can answer your last question. Because he is a sarcastic dick who cannot actually add anything constructive and loves to kick anyone down to make himself feel marginally better. All you have to do is look at the posts he has made in this thread.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

I can answer your last question. Because he is a sarcastic dick who cannot actually add anything constructive and loves to kick anyone down to make himself feel marginally better. All you have to do is look at the posts he has made in this thread.

CrazyLevi is the seagull of pinside...flies in, shits all over everything, then leaves. He lives in a 4 room birdcage in NYC, one that he’s very proud of, by the way.

7125D8B3-BC05-4EA8-A60E-7E84511248C8 (resized).jpeg7125D8B3-BC05-4EA8-A60E-7E84511248C8 (resized).jpeg
    #110 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

CrazyLevi is the seagull of pinside...flies in, shits all over everything, then leaves. He lives in a 4 room birdcage in NYC, one that he’s very proud of, by the way.[quoted image]

He should just change his name to [Removed] Levi. Then we would know what to expect.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

He should just change his name to [Removed] Levi. Then we would know what to expect.

Isn’t the subtlety of the reveal better?

5 months later
    #112 2 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

They started on a project called Wraith which looked really cool, dark and spooky with a sort of Swords of Fury vibe to the sounds. Keen to see it happen I hope. This one theme and art wise is not my cup of tea but I hope it does well for them.
    Met the guys one night in a pub pinball get together. Very positive outlook and I hope they do well and offer lots of titles.
    Mad Max would be cool for sure. I just finished my retheme based on Mad Max 1 and have been toying about doing a Mad Max 2 version as well!
    The Fury Road homebrew is looking pretty amazing, serious designing there.
    Ironically the guy on the right in the video is responsible for the Meteor retheme mad max that you can see on YouTube that they were trying to sell but I believe hit legal issues with the man.

Thread revival on a couple of fronts.
    Firstly to bring it out of the gutter and to congratulate Haggis for the tenacity to "stay in the game" during such trying times and actually deliver a quality product.
    The positive attitude from Haggis is outstanding and should be commended. Congrats to Haggis Fathom purchasers, the game look amazing !

I quoted KJS post above because his Mad Max homebrew looks awesome and SickNates Fury rd is incredible as well.
    If you do a search on Pinside for Mad Max, it is easy to see the theme is in top 10 most wanted.
    I hope Haggis will release The Wraith or somehow secure the licence for Mad Max.

A nice brief article from the ND about Mad Max and the upcoming "Furiosa"

https://thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/movies/2021/05/02/mad-max-australia/?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Sunday%20Best%20-%2020210502

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-pinball-defeats-dimpling-and-pooling-with-sledgehammer-test/page/3?hl=alby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.