D629AA86-8E2E-4156-8C6A-D1C5CCF26540 (resized).jpeg
the pinball show logo (resized).JPG
76B55F5E-97BD-4A66-8256-2C29FC9505D2 (resized).jpeg
B28B8FAD-AE32-4B0F-9260-E1052257D1B8 (resized).jpeg
94837252-0919-40BF-8895-7916D50488B8 (resized).jpeg
175722588_282770560131871_1575989027804476973_n (resized).png
RHiD0K65NxxLO.gif
011DE26F-7852-474D-A76F-F53290CB012D (resized).jpeg
There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 2 years ago

I have owned Fathom in the past. It is beautiful and really fun. I do think that I would prefer an updated version though instead of a straight remake. This is a great title and I wish Haggis luck and success which ever way they take it!

#52 2 years ago

Can't they do both? Original mode and updated 2.0 mode in the same pin?

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'm curious about how they will implement this. Fathom has 2 sets of individually controllable in-line drop targets (3 each), no mech like this has been made in a long time (the ones in Metallica aren't individually controllable). There is also a set of 6 side by side drops.

The set of 6 drops remote control the in-line drops too... it would be pretty amazing if they have re-made the the in-line drop mechs and would sell them separately. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of stalled Fathom rebuilds missing those mech's as they are unobtainium.

#54 2 years ago

If you are re-coding the game couldn't you just use the single controlled up/down drops in a series like TNA? Or does the spacing for the in-lines not work? Been too long since I have played a Fathom to judge the spacing.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There’s little point to getting MB other than to do it. The game is really light the spinner and shoot the spinner.

LOL What? Multiball increases all scoring on the playfield by 2x or 3x depending on how many balls you have in play. There is absolutely a reason to try for multiball. Sounds like you don't know the rules of Fathom.

#56 2 years ago

FYI: The new Haggis Pinball machine will be offered to Clan Haggis members first (just like Spooky’s Fang Club setup).

#57 2 years ago

Haggis Pinball Announces FATHOM REVISTED!

- Overview
- Who’s Who
- Price and Production
- Features
- Rules and Code
- 2.0 Rules
- Interview with Haggis Pinball

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/haggis-pinball-announces-fathom-revisted-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-editions-features-rules-plus-an-interview-with-haggis-pinball/

175722588_282770560131871_1575989027804476973_n (resized).png175722588_282770560131871_1575989027804476973_n (resized).png
#58 2 years ago
76B55F5E-97BD-4A66-8256-2C29FC9505D2 (resized).jpeg76B55F5E-97BD-4A66-8256-2C29FC9505D2 (resized).jpeg94837252-0919-40BF-8895-7916D50488B8 (resized).jpeg94837252-0919-40BF-8895-7916D50488B8 (resized).jpegB28B8FAD-AE32-4B0F-9260-E1052257D1B8 (resized).jpegB28B8FAD-AE32-4B0F-9260-E1052257D1B8 (resized).jpeg
#59 2 years ago

Having the new rule set only on the mermaid edition is a big misstep.

#60 2 years ago

Classic Edition: ~$7,360 USD | $9,500 AUD

Mermaid Edition: ~$8,900 USD | $11,500 AUD

That pricing is what I've always wondered about. How much would a 1981 Bally reproduction cost if someone brought one to market? I guess we now know. Seems pretty pricey to me. I woulda considered it at the Stern Pro level. Looks nice though.

#61 2 years ago

Would love one of the Mermaid editions but at $8900 it won't be going in my games room unfortunately.

#62 2 years ago

FATHOM REMAKE NEWS AND INTERVIEW!

The Pinball Show Episode 57: Get Off My Ocean!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nna64-101c54d

the pinball show logo (resized).JPGthe pinball show logo (resized).JPG
#63 2 years ago

I like the idea, but the price seems a bit high.

#64 2 years ago

Looks nice, and I am curious to see what the new code will bring. I love the idea of reprogramming these older games.

However, I was pretty disappointed to see "new music and voice actors" for the 2.0 code. I would have much rather seen the time and effort put into reprogramming and retrofitting new narratives and rulesets with the original Sq&Tk board sounds.

#65 2 years ago

I called this last month when I bought Fathom and just finished my playfield swap yesterday. Of course a 40 year old game would be re-released immediately after I bought it.

Fathom is an all-time classic, so hopefully more games to come.

#66 2 years ago

Here it is for people who have been asking for remakes of solid state games. You really going to shell out almost $7.5k for one of these? Fathom is a very fun game, but this is absurd.

#67 2 years ago

I'd be in on a classic for $6k USD. Maybe $6500. Guessing it's more like $8k with shipping. Probably too rich for me. Maybe I can snag one resale down the road. I commend Haggis for remaking an early Bally. I have always wanted to see it done. Same goes for System 11s.

#68 2 years ago

CGC had the sweet spot with AFMr and MBr in the $6000-6500 range. $8K without the 2.0 code is a pass for many of us. Wish them the best, but this is another GnR CE that will be $30K by X-mas and my finger will be sore from downvoting the flippers.

#69 2 years ago

Damn. Overpriced for me.

#70 2 years ago

Over priced and under fun for me.

#71 2 years ago

Is shipping included? If it's another $900 to ship to North America it's even more pricey.

Here's my take -- they intend to sell zero standards. It exists so you can rationalize buying the Mermaid edition.

#72 2 years ago

I might give it a Mermaid a go.
Then again I may not. On the fence.

#73 2 years ago

I got so excited until I saw the price. Jesus Christ.

Sadly I'm still interested, but hell's bells that's pricey for what it is/isn't.

#74 2 years ago

I'm thrilled this is getting made. I see a nicely restored original Fathom cratering in price and rotating through my basement now.

#75 2 years ago

I'd love for them to remake a bunch of the classic Bally machines (I'd love a new Centaur), but not at these prices - not even close.

#76 2 years ago

Wish they could have priced the standard at $6k with the 2.0 code. I think they would have sold 5x more. As it stands, they will sell the 250 mermaids and be discouraged from the future remakes because of the standards not moving as well as they hoped.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Wish they could have priced the standard at $6k with the 2.0 code. I think they would have sold 5x more. As it stands, they will sell the 250 mermaids and be discouraged from the future remakes because of the standards not moving as well as they hoped.

See, I don't know about that. Nobody cares about Bride of Pinbot 2.0. I think the standard will do better than you think.

#78 2 years ago

I assume the the 2.0 will be a lot about the digital apron displays.

#79 2 years ago

Way too much coin for not enough pin.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

See, I don't know about that. Nobody cares about Bride of Pinbot 2.0. I think the standard will do better than you think.

I do when it comes to BOP, I'd rather have a 2.0 than a standard... in fact... I'd rather have none, then the standard... which is what I currently have But when it comes to Fathom, I'd be fine with the standard... that sounds odd as I type it, but that's how I feel

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I must me weird because I would consider owning a BoP 2.0, no interest in an original BoP.

#82 2 years ago

They only need a few hundred to give it a go.
Smart move on a classic title.
Bling and code won’t get me there at these prices.

#83 2 years ago

You could buy an original and have it gold plated for that price.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm thrilled this is getting made. I see a nicely restored original Fathom cratering in price and rotating through my basement now.

Cratering from where to where, and why? Isn't this price point higher than a nice Fathom is priced at currently? Especially with shipping?

#85 2 years ago

My thoughts:

1. No video upon announcement is disappointing... lets see the upgrades to get me pumped about paying $9K. If machines are on the verge of shipping in a few months, why no video or pics of the machines in action? Given the history of new pinball machines being produced and the long list of problems, this is a big thing if you ask me.

2. New pinball company, new parts, etc. = new problems. Look at past new pin releases historically.. Problems with new parts and components = expensive machines that no one knows how to fix and/or get parts for. If you have a new production alien/TBL and have had problems, you know exactly what I'm talking about. What about parts for these in 4-5 years?

3. the place to put deposits and actually buy a machine/reserve a slot is not very good right now... did this get out a little too soon?

Pricing seems high, but isn't everything in pinball right now? And someone compared it to a LZ LE, I actually think the Fathom LE has more technology and more parts than any of the newer, somewhat stripped out sterns!

I'm on the sidelines for this one, but what an exciting time! Centaur should be next!!

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Cratering from where to where, and why?

I'd love to rotate one through my basement, but can't justify the price for what it is. In general nice examples tend to go for $5,000 or $6,000 around me. With a NIB option available to the collector, I expect a few of the collectors to opt for the new version, and move the old version bringing prices on this down somewhat. I'd be a buyer on a nice original at around $3000 today. Might sound crazy, but the price drops I am talking about are exactly what have happened to the Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, and Monster Bash originals after the remakes were released.

#87 2 years ago

LOL You are dreaming.

Edit: LOLOLOL You are REALLLLY dreaming now

I'd be a buyer on a nice original at around $3000 today

#88 2 years ago

New ruleset only on Mermaid edition is a baffling choice.
Bring the new rules to the Classic and get the price just below $7k and I bet it'd sell a lot more.

#89 2 years ago

I'd love to rotate one through my basement, but can't justify the price for what it is. In general nice examples tend to go for $5,000 or $6,000 around me. With a NIB option available to the collector, I expect a few of the collectors to opt for the new version, and move the old version bringing prices on this down somewhat. I'd be a buyer on a nice original at around $3000 today. Might sound crazy, but the price drops I am talking about are exactly what have happened to the Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, and Monster Bash originals after the remakes were released.

MM AFM and MB all commanded significantly more than their remake price (~$8-15k if I recall correctly). If anything, I think my Fathom just went up in value by creating a new $7.5k baseline. And that's for a remake.

$3k won't happen.

The biggest benefit to this being made is that people might be able to finish restores with parts becoming available.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

LOL You are dreaming.

the demand for original Fathoms will probably drop slightly, but I wouldn't expect the price to slip by more than $500. Certainly not by $2k. LOL indeed.

#91 2 years ago

Making the price high and only including the 2.0 rules on the 250 units is a tactic to keep their production low. I would say they sell maybe 300 of these. Not sure how they came up with making 50 units a month? Are they estimating that on how long it takes them to build one Celts? How many did they make of that game? Good to see new ones go into the market. Be interesting to see if this makes money for them or becomes more of a hassle than anything.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

the demand for original Fathoms will probably drop slightly

It will have no effect on current Fathom prices. Maybe if this were priced lower than what a Fathom currently goes for, but it's not. Only reason that MMR, AFMR, MBR, effected prices of originals is because you could now get a NIB much cheaper than what originals were going for.

#93 2 years ago

Thinking on this more: Haggis is a very small company (Celts was like 18 units, right?) and while I don't know much else about them, I have a funny feeling at the current pricing they will still max-out their production capacity.
Perhaps, and fingers crossed, this is a smaller project to build capital for infrastructure investments for future larger (and perhaps more reasonably priced) remakes?

#94 2 years ago

The more the price drops on the original Fathom, the fewer you’re going to see for sale. The current prices are tempting for me as a seller. But I talked to my wife about it and she said: “If you sell it, will you regret it?” (Me: Yes) “So don’t sell it”.

SantaEatsCheese if you lived near me I’d temp trade with you for 3-6 months. Fathom has been great for that.

#95 2 years ago

Fathom is a peace of art. But games of this era are not for me.
I guess some pinhead must be happy today

#96 2 years ago

congrats folks, we finally have our first release of 2021
By that accolade alone, and given the madness of the current market, they timed this well and that might boost their sales a few percentage points.

#97 2 years ago

For those prices I would expect a few extra “shots” or “mechs” added to the game or at least a lower PF .Something .Fathom is a great remake idea and wish them well but for that $ I’ll go with a CGC remake where the price is more justified IMO.

#98 2 years ago

What's stopping someone from copying the roms off the Mermaid edition and popping them into the standard edition. Some sort of rom protection?

#99 2 years ago

Sounds cool! Plus, the playfields will never chip or pool.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The more the price drops on the original Fathom, the fewer you’re going to see for sale. The current prices are tempting for me as a seller. But I talked to my wife about it and she said: “If you sell it, will you regret it?” (Me: Yes) “So don’t sell it”.
sataneatscheese if you lived near me I’d temp trade with you for 3-6 months. Fathom has been great for that.

Exactly. I have an amazing Fathom and considered selling because of current prices.. but I know I'd miss it more than I want the cash. Fathom is just THAT GOOD and my machine is ultra dialed in. I haven't found another Fathom that plays as good as mine so letting it go would be very hard.

And correct me if I'm wrong... this new production Fathom is a Decaled cabinet and not painted, correct?

I with them the best of luck, it's always good to have new pinball manufacturing! They couldn't have done this a few years ago because no one would have ever paid that back then.. but we're in the realm of $10K machines being the norm and flying off the shelves!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-next-title-fathom-remake/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.