D629AA86-8E2E-4156-8C6A-D1C5CCF26540 (resized).jpeg
the pinball show logo (resized).JPG
76B55F5E-97BD-4A66-8256-2C29FC9505D2 (resized).jpeg
B28B8FAD-AE32-4B0F-9260-E1052257D1B8 (resized).jpeg
94837252-0919-40BF-8895-7916D50488B8 (resized).jpeg
175722588_282770560131871_1575989027804476973_n (resized).png
RHiD0K65NxxLO.gif
011DE26F-7852-474D-A76F-F53290CB012D (resized).jpeg
There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 2 years ago

Kaneda reporting this in association with TNT Amusements. Supposedly they have the rights and are making a 2.0 version.

Update 4/26/21 - Confirmed - Manufacturing is scheduled to begin on July 1st

Classic Edition: ~$7,360 USD | $9,500 AUD

Mermaid Edition: ~$8,900 USD | $11,500 AUD (limited to 250 machines)

More info from TWIP

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/haggis-pinball-announces-fathom-revisted-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-editions-features-rules-plus-an-interview-with-haggis-pinball/

Interview from the Pinball Show - Episode 57: Get Off My Ocean!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nna64-101c54d

#2 2 years ago

Smart choice if true Fathom is a really fun game.

#3 2 years ago

What ballys from 1981 should be remade?

February 1981 - Flash Gordon
April 1981 - Eight Ball Deluxe
June 1981 - Embryon
June 1981 - Fireball II
August 1981 - Fathom
September 1981 - Medusa
October 1981 - Centaur
December 1981 - Elektra

#4 2 years ago

Add music and sound and it could be cool!

#5 2 years ago

Hoping it’s a true remake and not a remaster.

Keep the playfield but maybe add a 2.0 code option.

#6 2 years ago

Is this one Thiel has been working on?

#8 2 years ago

This is the kind of title that Humungus is talking about, Fast, flowey
and no spinning hats with lights!

#10 2 years ago

Could be interesting to see how it all comes together

#11 2 years ago

I'll pay 6 grand+ for a new in box Fathom.
Easy money for whomever will do it.
I'll take a Flash Gordon, Eight Ball Deluxe and Centaur also.

Message from the Bally Freeeek Kingdom.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

That says JAWS. What's your point.

That it turns into a Fathom thread

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

June 1981 - Embryon
June 1981 - Fireball II
August 1981 - Fathom
September 1981 - Medusa
October 1981 - Centaur
December 1981 - Elektra

Fathom

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That it turns into a Fathom thread

This was to give credit to Kaneda for reporting it first. And if he is wrong then haters can get off saying he was wrong again since they never give him credit when he is right.

#15 2 years ago

Supposedly multiple trim levels with the top of the line being the Mermaid addition.

#16 2 years ago

It’s rumored that this is just the first in a series of remakes coming out. Potentially 5 titles will be remade, with different trim levels. It would be nice to see updates such as rgb lighting and modern electronics as well as updated code

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

This was to give credit to Kaneda for reporting it first.

Well...if it is Fathom, well done to Kaneda for spoiling the release of a bunch of down-to-earth guys who have risked everything and busted their butts for a year during the pandemic to get a new game out...I guess

#18 2 years ago

Such a rad idea!! Glad for Haggis and I wish the best for them. Exciting times
to love pinball.

#19 2 years ago

Thank you TNT and Kaneda for the tip, I almost bought something stupid

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Well...if it is Fathom, well done to Kaneda for spoiling the release of a bunch of down-to-earth guys who have risked everything and busted their butts for a year during the pandemic to get a new game out...I guess

Wow, dramatic much.

It’s fun to speculate and predict. That’s half of these threads. It builds excitement. The true release brings photos, explanations, video etc. It’s ALL exciting. You make it sound like he destroyed their last year of hard work. Pinball is fun.

Love the idea and I am pumped to see it and hear about the whole release.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

In what way is anything spoiled? If true, so we know it's Fathom a day early. Doesn't ruin anything, and it gets people talking, and maybe even gets people more interested in Haggis' announcement than they would have been otherwise.

Plus, I for one am tired of all this damn secrecy around upcoming pinball releases. The secrecy only benefits the manufacturers. I'd love to know what the upcoming titles for all the companies were. It'd be great to plan my pinball purchases. Pipedream, I know.

#23 2 years ago

This definitely could be interesting if done right. Hope they go the TNA route with next level lights and music.

#24 2 years ago

I hope he is right, this could be incredible. Excited for the reveal!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

This was to give credit to Kaneda for reporting it first...

Well then the other thread would be proving that people reported it a day before he did

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

June 1981 - Embryon
June 1981 - Fireball II
August 1981 - Fathom
September 1981 - Medusa
October 1981 - Centaur
December 1981 - Elektra

Out of that list, I enjoy playing Fireball II the most. More than Fathom, Medusa and Embryon (the ones I own, in order of my ranking)

#27 2 years ago

I hope it’s a follow up to the 1951 Mermaid. One of the best back box animations of all time... and no need for an LCD.

011DE26F-7852-474D-A76F-F53290CB012D (resized).jpeg011DE26F-7852-474D-A76F-F53290CB012D (resized).jpeg
#28 2 years ago
RHiD0K65NxxLO.gifRHiD0K65NxxLO.gif
#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

Wow, dramatic much.

Fair enough, maybe I'm a bit oversensitive because I know some of these guys and don't want their hard work to be ruined, carry on.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Hoping it’s a true remake and not a remaster.
Keep the playfield but maybe add a 2.0 code option.

That would be my ideal. Or at least if there are playfield features like the spinning circle and magnets that were added to The Beatles, at least you could potentially disable that in some game versions and play Fathom 1.0

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

That would be my ideal. Or at least if there are playfield features like the spinning circle that was added to The Beatles, at least you could disable that in some game versions.

Tough to imagine what they could redo becasue Fathom is so good. Seawitch is not that great, and beatles fixed a lot of the issues and is a much better tweaked layout.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I think you're right about that. Seeing what nice Fathoms go for, a NIB Fathom with modern software options would be very tempting for a LOT of people.

#33 2 years ago

Rebooting older pins is such a great idea for start ups like Haggis.

Heck...it's a terrific idea for the established companies too.

This could turn into a very cool thing.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

It’s rumored that this is just the first in a series of remakes coming out. Potentially 5 titles will be remade, with different trim levels. It would be nice to see updates such as rgb lighting and modern electronics as well as updated code

Yuuuuuuup
Hence why I posted all the 1981 Bally titles duuuudes!

#36 2 years ago

I'm so excited for haggis if this is true. This could be a really successful business strategy and I wish them all the best

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I'll take a Flash Gordon, Eight Ball Deluxe and Centaur also.
Message from the Bally Freeeek Kingdom.

Centaur with some premium animation and I'd take an LE/CE, no problem. I once waxed poetic in school about the art of Centaur. I was very impressed. My classmates didn't share my appreciation.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Centaur with some premium animation and I'd take an LE/CE, no problem. I once waxed poetic in school about the art of Centaur. I was very impressed. My classmates didn't share my appreciation.

Oh man. I'd love a Centaur remake. Artwork on that game is awesome.

#39 2 years ago

I would agree centaur should be on the remake list but I would prefer a Medusa first.

I would put quarters in fathom and almost any of the others, but I would buy a Medusa. It’s personal.

#40 2 years ago

I’m curious to see how different it will be. A great idea on a classic pin!

#41 2 years ago

So many people siked to buy throwback pinball machines that are 40 years old without knowing what it will cost!

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

So many people siked to buy throwback pinball machines that are 40 years old without knowing what it will cost!

Just wait until they reveal a topper.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would totally buy a new centaur from an Australian pinball company- no questions asked

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

June 1981 - Embryon
June 1981 - Fireball II
August 1981 - Fathom
September 1981 - Medusa
October 1981 - Centaur
December 1981 - Elektra

EBD was done multiple times. Thrice by Bally, and then Gottlieb did Bad Girls and Stern did Golden Cue/Sharkey’s Shootout

I actually prefer original EBD for its simple yet elegant rules compared to the others

#45 2 years ago

I’d be a big fan of a modern Fathom.

The art is beautiful but the rules are pretty so-so as is. There’s little point to getting MB other than to do it. The game is really light the spinner and shoot the spinner.

It’s a brilliant Flash-like layout without the rules to make good use of it

#46 2 years ago

Multiball is going to be the deciding factor in what makes it onto the remake list, I reckon. Fathom and Centaur are the obvious ones, collector demand for these two are high. After that, I'd say the third contender would be Fireball II.

The Class of '81 may be beloved, but none of the multiball ones actually sold very well at the time leading to their high desirability now. Even with the later '83 run (and backbox nobody really likes), Centaur barely cracked a combined 5,000 initial units.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Rebooting older pins is such a great idea for start ups like Haggis.
Heck...it's a terrific idea for the established companies too.
This could turn into a very cool thing.

Only problem Is Stern would gatekeep their Stern electronics license!

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’d be a big fan of a modern Fathom.
The art is beautiful but the rules are pretty so-so as is. There’s little point to getting MB other than to do it. The game is really light the spinner and shoot the spinner.
It’s a brilliant Flash-like layout without the rules to make good use of it

2x playfield is at least worth it, 3x playfield is pretty silly. I have been able to rip 2x 5k spinners multiple times on the game. 3x is so hard to control and set up it's not really worth it. The drops on the left are a fun strategy, the sequenced 1 - 2 - 3 extra ball is also a challenge depending on the set up of the game.

Overall I love having Fathom in my collection, but I don't think I would really pursue early SS games in a smaller collection. Including a second layer of code could really make Fathom shine in a smaller grouping of games.

#49 2 years ago

If Greg Freres is doing the artwork it would be tempting to consider... I like the game play and sound on Fathom, but the artwork is what makes it my favourite pin. Looking forward to seeing more today on it.

#50 2 years ago

I'm curious about how they will implement this. Fathom has 2 sets of individually controllable in-line drop targets (3 each), no mech like this has been made in a long time (the ones in Metallica aren't individually controllable). There is also a set of 6 side by side drops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-next-title-fathom-remake/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.