IMG_4366 (resized).jpeg
D790E874-DB58-40A7-A4DA-93791E432724 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6697 (resized).jpg
IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5824 (resized).jpeg
giphy (2).gif
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider surfnrg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#216 1 year ago

Anyone else have issues with the flippers not working? I changed out the leaf switches for gold plated ones... hope that fixes the issue. Maybe the California air is causing the tungston ones to not conduct?

Also what's with all the air balls? Feel like it's gonna break glass. Anyone else get ball jams between the left side plastics and the glass?

How about game crashes? Since the latest update it seems to be a little more funky. Using it for league play and had to do a few restarts to get a good 4 player game working.

Ok... as for the rules..did the original Fathom have lane changes and auto ball launch?

#245 1 year ago

Next question .. anyone else find the game is "floaty". I have quite the pitch on mine too. What pitch do you have it set to?

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Yeah, ours is set about 6.5 degrees and not floaty.

Thanks..will set mine like that. much appreciated. love the game just trying to get it working as it should. bolted to the floor.

#269 1 year ago

I'm lost. What is all this about the Don? I hate missing out in good gossip.

#289 1 year ago

Not sure why people get so upset at people who flip games. It's no different than selling Pokemon cards or any other collectible. With haggis he set it up in a way that there is pretty much guaranteed scarcity. This enabled him to sell games a year before he could produce them, and some people gambled on a possible financial gain. That's part of the hobby of collecting pinball games. That was literally the biggest selling point in this situation. Was 30k too high? Probably. Was 5k too high for a preorder spot? Apparently not.

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I recommend taking care of your mental health in whatever way works for you, and not caring what anyone else thinks about it.
Anyways, it's a boring topic. I like to spend less time thinking about pointless drama. If it entertains you that's cool, but I don't care that some doofus started a thread about me, and my life is better for not having read it.
Moving on, last time I played surfnrg's Haggis Fathom we talked about laser cutting a fix for that stuck plastic issue, since apparently it goes away if you stiffen the plastic protector there on the inside. It's a pretty annoying place to get a ball stuck, gotta remove the glass to get it.
If he wants to take that protector off and trace it, or scan it, or send it home with me to do that I can vectorize it and laser a spacer for the inside. If I do that I'll share the file for anyone else who wants it.

Let's do this.. if it works for my game and looks good, you should sell them to these people. I'll pay you in pizza, Pinball and beer.

#326 1 year ago

The reality is that no one will opt for the wait indefinitely for free shipping. If you don't want to spend the extra $$ then you're better off selling the game for a profit. I'm willing to bet that nobody will get a game with free shipping.

Now who thinks Haggis will run more games with the extended code, by making a new special edition like Jersey Jack did with WOZ?

1 week later
#368 1 year ago

I'm having the hardest time getting my left flipper to stop slipping. It keeps inching up. I purchased a new rebuild kit as the one that came with my machine was a little defective (magnetized and kept sticking up). I tightened it up really good and it still slips. There is no gap by the bolt where you tighten it. Are the rebuild kits from pinballlife just really poorly made?

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone help me out? My new Fathom shooter spring is too weak to shoot the ball out of the shooter lane.
Is there any way make the ball auto plunge on a miss too weak shot out of shooter lane?
Sometimes it will shoot it out after a few failed attempts.
I assume I need a new spring? I’m not the most technical person so any help would be appreciated.

I had the same issue. All I needed was a more powerful shooter spring. I forget which colour I used, but I purchased the 3 most powerful ones from pinballlife and the first one I put in worked perfectly. Don't go bending metal until you've tried this first.

#424 1 year ago

Love my game..but seriously... couldn't spend $8 more in the build and put in a real knocker?

#425 1 year ago

Both my flipper have broken in my game. The left one broke 3 weeks ago and now the right. They both broke in the same way. The bat has cracked where the shaft enters the flipper causing it to spin around. Since both of mine have cracked I assume everyone else will have the same issue. I ordered replacement clear blue bats, but I feel they will meet the same fate. They seem to be the same part Damian is using on his games. I could turn down the flipper strength I guess, but then making it around to the multiball locks will be tough.

I may just replace them with solid bats or those high performance ones people recommended.

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Seems like you shouldn’t have to look elsewhere and pay more for flippers that don’t break on a brand new game…

The price we pay to be first

1 week later
#495 1 year ago

My money is on centaur.

#523 1 year ago

Flash Gordon would be a huge hit. If they could license the theme and the original soundtrack it would be a no brainer.

4 weeks later
#589 12 months ago

shitty move. You get people to invest in your product by offering them something special and unique, get your money then pull this crap? I have one of the earlier mermaid games and was going to buy the rest of the series. Instead I'll be selling my mermaid and never giving them another dime of my money. Never bought another JJP after WOZ Emerald. I think we should all send a message and not do business with a company that operates like this. Fuck you Damian.

#594 12 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I wish it was that simple but it’s not. If they want to change their business model on the next four games then so be it. But the scarcity and uniqueness of the Mermaid features are what promoted sales. 2.0 code is the largest reason to get a Mermaid, not all the cosmetic stuff. I had a beautiful original Fathom and the only reason I sold was for the 2.0 code. Only reason I purchased a Mermaid was for the 2.0 code. They were explicit in stating that the Mermaid edition was the only way to obtain the new code. So plenty of us jumped on board and have silently helped to fund the company based upon the uniqueness of these Mermaid games. To offer up the one attribute that sets it apart to brand new buyers is wrong. At least to do so after the fact. It’s wrong.

exactly. We helped fun the company to build the games. In return we were promised a unique experience. If this was in the US there would be a lawsuit and they'd be finished. Manufactured scarcity is the reason they are able to pre-sell so many games and raise capital.

#627 12 months ago

If they needed to raise money, announce the next title

#632 12 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

In Australia we have a word for someone who gets everything they wanted and still complains.
Whinger.

They didn't get what they purchased which was 1 of 250 that sets theirs apart from others. Those people risked their money for a chance to get this reward. There was a big chance that they'd never receive a game and lose their deposit, but they took the gamble. It was a crappy move on their part. It was crappy when Stern did it, much worse when JJP did it and really bad when CGC did it too. I think this will backfire on them, I doubt they'll sell too many kits with this strategy either. They're out of the circle of trust.

#705 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Most beauty of a game but my plunger hardly works and left flipper goes crazy sometimes working other times not , I assume maybe just the flipper button leave?
[quoted image]

i had issues with my flipper button leaf switches. Ended up replacing both of them.

3 months later
#869 7 months ago

I sold mine. Sold it on the cheap. Needed to make room. I was going to get the whole collection, but when Damien did the "mermaid rules for all" routine I bailed on this company. Ironically, I filled in the spot with CC SE+.

Good luck to the new owner. I replaced the clear plastic flippers that break all the time with white ballys. I included the clear blue with the game as well. Good luck to everyone with their orders.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider surfnrg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in?tu=surfnrg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.