D790E874-DB58-40A7-A4DA-93791E432724 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6697 (resized).jpg
IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5824 (resized).jpeg
giphy (2).gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7282 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is Bill bringing it for you?

He's in the bathroom.

8 months later
#173 1 year ago

Happy double posting everybody. - Cut & paste from the other thread so don't waste your time if you already read it.

My air freight shipping to LA and then truck'd to my front door in Colorado, was $1818 USD about a month ago. Weird in comparison but I'll take it.

Also, I've been playing my game a lot and with the exception of some minor tweaking, my game has been playing flawlessly.

But I'm not new to this hobby so I decided I wanted to put my Haggis machine to the test. So I posted an open house on the Pinside Colorado group and invited friends and strangers to come play it last Wednesday. I'll guess I had around 30-35 people here and we had non-stop, 4 player game after 4 player game on it.

Everybody loved the game and it played great until about an hour before my scheduled, last call. Suddenly the bottom 1/4 of the game went out and wouldn't restart. No lights, no flippers, no ball kick up, you get the idea.

I powered the game off, not wanting to work on it during a party and knowing I would lift the hood the following day. The next day I found the problem within 5 minutes as it was the most obvious thing to check for first. I had a blown fuse and the game is back to playing flawlessly again.

I've been buying NIB games for many years and from many different manufactures. The Haggis build quality, inside and out, is the finest I've ever seen.

1 week later
#189 1 year ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Having ball hand ups and gate stuck up on bottom left. Best way to bend/adjust?

Pictures are always helpful when possible

4 weeks later
#232 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Help…
The top blue scoop is really struggling to eject. Its bad enough that it really effects gameplay. May take 10 attempts to eject the ball. If I up the coil strength to increase the eject force it just ricochets off the post and comes right back into the scoop. It will repeat this process 5 -10 times as well.
Any help with this issue?

That ball hitting the post and ricocheting back into the saucer tells me the kicker is misaligned some how. That ball should kick straight out at least past the post you say its hitting.

Examine the entire mech to make sure its in its proper alignment and secured. If you find somethin loose, tighten it up snugly but never over-tighten. Then hand manipulate the action of the kicker and look for anything unusual as it goes back and forth. Something might be bent or binding.

Edited for brevity.

#240 1 year ago

Looks like CPR has made the original one. But agreed with Paulbaptise. An updated one would be better.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/fathom/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#246 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Next question .. anyone else find the game is "floaty". I have quite the pitch on mine too. What pitch do you have it set to?

I don't know what my pitch is set at, but my game is fast and not floaty at all. In fact, I was surprised to read your question.

#262 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Yeah... about that.

I need to formally apologize to everyone here and to the pinball community at large for this unforgivable lapse in judgement. My only defense (and it's not a good one) is that I did not know any better, I did not know the person involved or what kind of... character he would turn out to be.

You're not alone and I thank you for broaching the subject.

I also became involved with d0n before I learned who I was dealing with. We had some private banter back and forth before I realised the gravity of the situation. I terminated with d0n before getting too deeply involved. Like a scorned lover, I received profanity laced emails and weird revenge type comments.

And recently it got even more weird when d0n shared some of my private messages with a third party, who has chosen to take them out of context and exploit them.

I'm not proud of my conversation with d0n, but the bottom line is, none of our fantasy conversations were ever placed in action.

Imagine two drunks in a bar ginning each other up with an idea that doesn't really make sense in reality. No excuse from me, but I was one of those drunks that was sober and embarrassed the following day.

#283 1 year ago

I'll be filing a complaint with Robin and the moderators. A respectful complaint because that's how the Moderators always treat me whenever I get pulled over for speeding or DUI.

Our favorite Pinsider, d0n, has blocked me and yet he continues to bad mouth me with his nonsense. In other words, the blocking feature has become a tool he can hide behind and that benefits him and penalizes me.

I mean, it's easy to defeat by logging out and reading pinside anonymously, but there again, the hindrance is on me, caused by him.

Anyway, I thought what we had before worked perfectly fine. - Some of you others might want to voice your concerns to the Mods also.

BTW. I don't block people as that is my choice. And I don't want it forced on me.

#284 1 year ago

Sorry, back on topic.

I have fine tuned my Fathom and it is playing great. More about my game later.

#301 1 year ago
Quoted from BobT:

…so only a couple series ticket holders on this forum? I’m surprised. Seems like a no brainier. I plan on purchasing all 5 special classics, and bolting them down, but others could flip the ones they didn’t love and keep those they enjoy.
Plus, I imagine you are aware of priority given to series ticket holders and likely other future benefits…

I'm incredibly happy for everyone that bought the Series Ticket and I wish everyone, especially Haggis, continued success.

But when it was announced, I passed on it and for several well thought out and grounded reasons. And I remember thinking anyone that makes that leap of faith must be insane. I also couldn't believe a rookie company would even make such a bold offer.

In fact, if Haggis were to announce the identical Series Ticket offer today, I would still pass on it.

I gambled enough to buy my two spots of the Mermaid Fathom to suit my comfort level. I had a very long wait time for my first machine, and a much longer wait that continues for my 2nd.

You gambled against much higher odds than me, so you deserve the better pay out.

Go Haggis

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

The series ticket option is still available to purchase.. So I guess you are passively passing on it.

I didnt know that.
Thanks

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'll be filing a complaint with Robin and the moderators. A respectful complaint because that's how the Moderators always treat me whenever I get pulled over for speeding or DUI.
Our favorite Pinsider, d0n, has blocked me and yet he continues to bad mouth me with his nonsense. In other words, the blocking feature has become a tool he can hide behind and that benefits him and penalizes me.
I mean, it's easy to defeat by logging out and reading pinside anonymously, but there again, the hindrance is on me, caused by him.
Anyway, I thought what we had before worked perfectly fine. - Some of you others might want to voice your concerns to the Mods also.
BTW. I don't block people as that is my choice. And I don't want it forced on me.

FYI
I've lost my motivation to file a complaint about the blocking. I think it's a valid complaint and encourage others to follow through.
As far as shipping goes, I chose to fly my game for expediency and I justified the cost. My cost, after the Haggis shipping discount was $1600 and that was directly to my door.

If you choose to wait on the container, who knows how long you'll have to wait. And you'll still have to pay a shipping fee after that from Reno, NV to your location.

It's good to have choices and each of us needs to do whatever meets our comfort level.

#319 1 year ago

#329 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I'm willing to bet that nobody will get a game with free shipping.

When I chose to fly my game, Haggis paid DHL what would have been the free shipping cost and I paid the balance. And as far as I know, that's what Haggis has done for all of us that air shipped. I assume you too. Yes?

Quoted from surfnrg:

Now who thinks Haggis will run more games with the extended code, by making a new special edition like Jersey Jack did with WOZ?

I can't predict the future, but so far we've seen no evidence of that coming true with Haggis. If I'm mistaken please let me know. Otherwise, I'm not going to worry about things out of my control, that may or may not happen.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone else swapped an OG for a revisited?

Yes, I did.

Like Punkin, I sold my OG game in anticipation of getting the Mermaid Fathom. Having had my Haggis Fathom for a month or two, it's a no brainer IMO.
It's a stunning machine to look at, well crafted/constructed, and the new code and sounds are great. Although the code is still a little buggy, I know it will get better.

Haggis Fathom plays much smoother, faster and more accurate than my original did and I had a real nice copy of it.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

You’re guilty of a lot more than a price hike. Why do you still hang out in this forum? Just waiting for some conversation to start so you can jump in and insult someone? Get a new hobby.

Someone should remind d0n of how he drummed up fear in the Haggis thread with doom and gloom.

When games were overdue, we were all worried and he repeatedly posted a variety of unsubstantiated scare stories. He flat out lied about the Bill story as just one example.

Then he privately got people to sell him their pre-order spots. Which he has since boasted about flipping all of those spots for profit and never taking possession.

I don't mind people flipping games or spots, per say, but that was pretty manipulative imo.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Go precision flippers. No question.
The only question is whether you want to go the solids so it looks old school, or the Halo's so it plays like a rock star.
I'm thinking halos because they make the game better and make me play better, but solids are going in my Sunset Riders.

Has it been confirmed Precision Flippers will work in our Haggis games? I'm concerned the different playfield might not accept them.

I'm not having any issues with my flippers but I love Precision.

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

The ball doesn’t seem to be close enough to the shooter tip.
I honestly don’t understand how these pins can get shipped out like this. I’m not a pinball technician.
[quoted image]

Spread the two forks apart so the ball will rest closer to shooter tip.

You don't need to be a pinball tech for things like this.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

What do I use to spread the tips out? I don’t want to break it.

I would use a couple of channel locks, vice grips or even just regular plyers' or a combination of those. Just go slowly until you find the sweet spot. It won't break unless your unruly aggressive and continually wiggling the metal back and forth.

And even if for some reason it did break, its easily replaceable and installed.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Also the ball is so far from the shooter tip I’m afraid will need to spread it so far that the auto shooter won’t work at all because it’s spread too far.

Yes, don't go so far that the ball is resting in-between the two forks. There is happy medium where the forks are still on the ball and the shooter tip much closer. The ball doesn't need to be resting on the shooter tip, just much closer.

#380 1 year ago

Here's a picture of mine. The ball is not touching the shooter tip or even one of the forks.

I had to spread my forks apart when I first got the machine too. It's such an easy fix I'd forgotten I even did it.

This is all a part of buying a NIB machine. The NIB Stern games I've bought over the year have often been much worse.

20230310_095416 (resized).jpg20230310_095416 (resized).jpg
#381 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Don't go bending metal until you've tried this first.

Yes, I agree with this. I was reacting to his comment below. And in reviewing his picture again I'd say it looks fine.
A new shooter spring should fix the issue.

Quoted from rai:

The ball doesn’t seem to be close enough to the shooter tip.

Sorry I went down that rabbit hole

#415 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not sure why but the ball often hitting the glass when I hit the center drop targets.
Is that normal or fixable?

Someone posted they made a clear plastic piece sticking out vertically from under the plastic. That's what I would do if the problem persists.

1 week later
#468 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

And how good does that undercab lighting look, even in a lit room?

I think the lighting appearance will be different for all of us, depending on the floor color. I have a dark, solid carpet and it looks great in a darkened room. And in a lit room it looks good too but a couple of times I've mistaken it for smoke coming from under my game. Happen to a friend also.

Cheap thrills.

#474 1 year ago

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I just played Fathom at TPF and am quite glad Haggis made the long trek. I had actually forgotten this was one of the NIB options and it was very refreshing to play. I am a fan of the era. I inderstand the Mermaid editions have been sold out for a long timr, so I am considering ordering a Classic version before they cease production. For the owners out there, how is this pin reliability-wise? Are these breaking much like Spooky pins, and Alien? Quality assembly and components? How's the post-sale support from Haggis, if needed? Are you guys overall happy with your purchases? I'm just trying to catch up on things beause I really haven't been following this title. Thanks!

I'm very happy with my game. Solid, well built and beautiful. Plays fast for this era and smooth. Some people have had issues but I'll let them talk about that.

Other than some minor tweaking for game play, my machine has been reliable. Far superior in build quality to Spooky

1 week later
#535 1 year ago

I'm quietly smiling these days, especially after the Texas Pinball Festival.

When Fathom 2.0 was first announced from Haggis, some of the pinball snobs, mostly newbies, turned their noses up to it. I heard condescending complaints about no ramps and nobody will ever want a single level game.

Then Bond 60th from Elwin comes out and was soon followed by Pulp Fiction. Now all of the cool kids want one.

#537 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I see the bond one getting a bad rap from comments elsewhere, is it just the code that people hate, or is it more?

I've played the Elwin Bond and I like it a lot. But, as has already been beaten to death on Pinside, not worth the money.

People have high expectations for an expensive game and it's disappointing to find out it's just another game, no matter how good.

I think that slice of psychology might have something to do with Bond getting a bad rap.

3 weeks later
#661 11 months ago

A lot of thoughtful and well written comments here, and I can agree with both sides. At least in part.

But rather than me philosophizing and debating whatever, I prefer to boil everything down to the simplicity of how any of this affects' me and my family.

Right now, the Mermaid Fathom that sits in my game room has gone up in value. That's a fact. And my soon to be built second Mermaid game will arrive to me with similar or even greater equity.
Hell, even the deposit on my second game has gone up in value in comparison to those buying in right now.

Add in the Dollar vs AU exchange rate and I'm down right giddy.

I risked my money by helping to support a startup company and I'm now gaining some reward. Win - Win.

Bring on the Mermaid Centaur.

#691 11 months ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

I just placed a deposit on a Fathom Classic Plus.

Quoted from John_I:

So at this point I am going to upgrade my Classic to a Classic+.

As a Mermaid owner, I say congratulations and welcome to the club. It's the smart move.

The game play with the new code is fantastic and I'm blown away by the entire sound package. David Thiel would approve and you can sense his influence. The extra money you're spending is well worth it.

And to my fellow Mermaid owners that are disappointed, I understand your initial reaction. But look at it this way.
Fathom Mermaid is the equivalent to the Stern LE. Only 250 made by Haggis and like the LE, they will always be the most desired by collectors and command the best price.

#693 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

is there a topper for this machine? I didnt get one.

No topper available from Haggis, at least not yet, if ever. The only topper I'm aware of is this one pictured.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/fathom/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#701 11 months ago

It's good to have choices.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#717 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

He said playfield hangers, not auto plunge.

He made the same advice mistake I made about a month ago, including the remedy of "Bending Metal".

Lets all hope that Rai doesn't meltdown a second time.

4 weeks later
#764 10 months ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

I am in Nevada near Reno. Haven't yet pulled trigger for LCL option. Did nearly every purchaser of Mermaid opt for DHL to fly machine to USA?
Any comments from Colorado/ or other US locations would be appreciated.

Colorado here. I flew my game via DHL, landed in LA and was trucked directly to my door. No issues

#767 10 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can someone tell me what the approx cost to ship their Fathom from Aus? Tried finding the earlier posts but couldn’t.

After the Haggis contribution, I paid $1600 USD, but that was several months ago.

I have no idea what Inflation or USD vs AU has done snice.

#771 10 months ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Is voltage conversion just a flip of a switch in the Haggis machine and a different cord?

Plug and play here in the states

#779 10 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Basically, the game starts but nothing happens, all the lights light up all he targets hit down and sound off when you hit them with your finger. but the ball won't go into the shooter lane and the flippers won't flip.

I'm having very similar issues.

My problem is the fuse circled in red keeps blowing. (Fuse has been removed in picture)
Seems to blow after several hours even while sitting in attract mode. My tech talked to FAST and they suggested trying a size larger fuse, slow blow.

No good as it blew also.

Does anybody have a solution or ideas? -

thumbnail_Red circle 1 (resized).jpgthumbnail_Red circle 1 (resized).jpg
#790 10 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I can't even get ahold of anyone, tried a few times. is there like an email. I just tried their facebook page.
for me my fuses are fine.... at least for now.

Yes, I've heard back from them and so has my tech. We're still working on it.

#803 10 months ago

Selling a pre-order spot from any manufacturer long past due their own deadline, is as common as arguing on Pinside.

#805 10 months ago

Where’s d0n when punkin needs him…

dOn (resized).pngdOn (resized).png

1 week later
#814 10 months ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Hey Kim! Not sure who your tech talked to at FAST, but nobody here recalls having this conversation. This would not have been a recommendation we would have made. I am can mention this to Damian when we talk next.
Our first thought would be that there is a shorted wire that may have rubbed through and is contacting a piece of metal. I would check wires pulled against metal points and see if that makes anything stand out.
Please reach out if nothing stands out.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Thanks, Aaron. It was nice seeing you in Texas.

4 months later
#1005 5 months ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I have the same problem. In the past 10 games I have played, I have had a ball get stuck here twice. It is really annoying because when you remove the glass the ball moves and drains before you can grab it.
What if any fix is available?
[quoted image]

Adhesive rubber dots strategically placed. They come in many different sizes and shapes, in clear or black. I prefer the clear.

I've been using them for many years on Stern, Bally Williams and others.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.