IMG_4366 (resized).jpeg
D790E874-DB58-40A7-A4DA-93791E432724 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6697 (resized).jpg
IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5824 (resized).jpeg
giphy (2).gif
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

I've heard several fixes for plunger problem. What worked for you? If you bought new plunger spring, what size and where did you buy it? Thanks.

First, you want to confirm whether the auto launch forks are sitting evenly on the ball. If they aren't, gently bend them with pliers to where they are. If the forks are sitting correctly on the ball and the manual plunger still isn't strong enough for your liking, change out the shooter rod spring for a "red" spring. Marco and Pinball Life carry them.

1 week later
#190 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

When I downloaded Fathom v85 it came up as celts full update.
[quoted image]

I was confused about that too. It's just mislabeled. The "85" at the end of it made think it's probably the right file. I installed it with no issues.

1 month later
#247 1 year ago

Yeah, ours is set about 6.5 degrees and not floaty.

#271 1 year ago

Yeah, it would be much cooler to focus on the marvel that this remake is.

4 weeks later
#499 1 year ago

I'd bet it's Centaur. While I like EBD ok, maybe I'd like it better with some 2.0 code. I'd be excited to see Viking(imagine a new sound package for that one!) or Skateball. Actually, don't do Skateball. I don't want to be faced with potentially selling my first full restoration..

1 month later
#645 11 months ago

I would presume we aren't talking about adding another thousand Fathom 2.0s in the world. I wouldn't really care if they did. That said, my wife and I aren't exclusivity buyers. We would have bought this game even if it were an unlimited run.

1 month later
#818 10 months ago

Game freezes? None that are coming to mind.
Delays between balls? Maybe a second or two. Nothing that comes up on my radar as any kind of problem.
Flippers dying if you leave the game sitting for 15 to 20 minutes in game etc? I have not had this type of issue related to a time duration. Now, I would have to hit the flipper cabinet switches with a flexstone periodically. I just replaced them with the low voltage switches per the Zukram recommendation. I haven't had any issues since.
Delays at end of game? No.
Any other bugs? A misplaced voice call which they are aware of. I would imagine that will get sorted with next software update.

2 months later
#870 7 months ago

My best on the original code, thus far. I did earn a minimum of three extra balls though

IMG_3474 (resized).jpegIMG_3474 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#951 6 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Interesting, thank you! Guessing mine are too tight and when triggered perhaps they are still sticking a bit afterwards even if they look raised. Looking forward to chasing that Wizard

I can't remember exactly what I did but I had to tweak one of my star rollovers. I think I just loosened the screws and played with the tolerance.

2 months later
#1041 3 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Just let Haggis know and hopefully fix in future updates.
I actually play revisited code and only found bug on 4 player game , when finished it won’t re start a new game.
1-3 no problem

I think we had that one happen once.

3 weeks later
#1073 3 months ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

A request for ideas on a problem with my Haggis Fathom Mermaid. Can't seem to get flipper shaft to stop slipping in pawl. Any tips would be appreciated.
New mech/pawl needed? If so any suggestions appreciated.</blockcranked the piss out of the tensioning bolt. Everything was good after that. I didn't have problems with that out of the box though.

A request for ideas on a problem with my Haggis Fathom Mermaid. Can't seem to get flipper shaft to stop slipping in pawl. Any tips would be appreciated.
New mech/pawl needed? If so any suggestions appreciated.

I seem to remember having to replace a pawl or two after replacing broken flipper bats. Like with any flipper, you have to crank the tensioning bolt really hard to get it to hold the bat shaft in place. Watch the two sides of the pawl as they come together though. If they meet and you continue to crank, you'll break the key or whatever it's called off the other end of the bolt.

3 weeks later
#1111 66 days ago

If anyone is having trouble with balls getting stuck between the left pop bumper and post next to it, I may have a solution. I basically removed the 1” rubber, moved the 5/16” rubber over, and threaded a 1 1/4” rubber between the posts as shown in pic. So far no stuckies. I’ll report back if this proves to not work. Also, I was having problems with the trough jamming. I found the mech in the state pictured. The plastic part of the plunger had flared out a bit. Once I filed the proud edge off the plunger and readjusted the coil brackets to justify at the top of the assembly, it worked great. Hopefully this helps if you are having these issues.

IMG_4364 (resized).jpegIMG_4364 (resized).jpegIMG_4365 (resized).jpegIMG_4365 (resized).jpegIMG_4366 (resized).jpegIMG_4366 (resized).jpeg
#1116 64 days ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Has anyone found a solution to when you play 4 player game, after it just locks up? Appreciated.

I haven't really looked for a solution beyond just cycling the power but I could only imagine it would be a software solution. Most of the time it's just one or two player games so not a big hassle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in?tu=clytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.