IMG_4366 (resized).jpeg
D790E874-DB58-40A7-A4DA-93791E432724 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6697 (resized).jpg
IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5824 (resized).jpeg
giphy (2).gif
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brk_oth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I am hoping to see sited Fathom classics in the near future at most pinball venues.
Who would have thought a 40+ year old designed machine would be in this era of wanktech.
I wonder if many operators are on this?
Full circle and love it.

Fathom Mermaid going to the Australian Pinball Museum.

3 months later
#76 1 year ago

We picked up our game from Haggis the other day, its now permanently located at the Australian Pinball Museum for all to enjoy.
Ours was the first game off the line after all the series tickets, so those of you with Mermaid Editions can start getting excited knowing that the series tickets are all completed.
As people have already mentioned this, I will only quickly touch on it in one sentence, no need to sound like a broken record - Haggis has put a LOT of attention to detail into the crafting of this pinball machine, nothing else compares.

Only confusing thing I can think of for when you're setting up your game (and if you don't read instructions), if you're trying to find the keyhole for the backbox its under the left side of the headbox!

The Revisited game play is great. Myself and a few of the volunteers here don't even want to play the Classic mode, the Revisited mode is just too good. Photos/videos just don't seem to do it justice.

20220820_072524 (resized).jpg20220820_072524 (resized).jpg20220820_074125 (resized).jpg20220820_074125 (resized).jpg20220820_082805 (resized).jpg20220820_082805 (resized).jpg20220820_083612 (resized).jpg20220820_083612 (resized).jpg20220820_105152 (resized).jpg20220820_105152 (resized).jpg20220820_073252 (resized).jpg20220820_073252 (resized).jpg20220820_075428 (resized).jpg20220820_075428 (resized).jpg20220820_105117 (resized).jpg20220820_105117 (resized).jpg
#78 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

The plastic protectors look amazing. Can you share where to buy? and did they fit under the plastics with the original screws/posts? or did it require longer ones?
Thanks for the pics!

Yes they look absolutely amazing, its a great enhancement to the overall look of the game.
The plastic protectors are an extra available from Haggis Pinball for Mermaid Edition customers, you can get them to install it for you - so no messing around with installing and need to find longer screws like with aftermarket mods!

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Do the plastic protectors come free in the box uninstalled with a Mermaid order or do you have to request and purchase them from Haggis at time of final payment?
Thanks!

Check with Damian.
It was just a last minute conversation "hey do you want these on your game, we are now offering these for Mermaid customers", so I'm thinking it may be a new extra for the game, unsure what his exact plans are...
I would assume that the options are either 1) Plastic protectors installed at factory, or 2) no plastic protectors provided at all if you prefer a more original look.

Game is going well so far, no major issues.
Service and help from Damian has been top notch.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I get my first look at one at Pinfest in three weeks alongside Celts which i am very familiar with. There'll be a couple of Homepin Spinal Taps there as well as the latest from Stern.
Cant. Wait.

Well we will see you there at Pinfest - The Australian Pinball museum display will be set up on the main stage featuring displays of original pinball factory documents and engineering drawings from Bally/Williams/Capcom/Gottlieb plus a range of 1930's pinballs available to play.

1 month later
#111 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

What version of code is everyone on? My machine is on v68 right now. I see on their website they are only showing v62 available for download. Where is everyone getting their code updates from?

I believe v.068 was the last major code release - (going by memory on what ours shipped with).
Updates since then would be minor updates, eg: v0.72 is what we are running and the only thing that code update included was an urgent menu option that I had requested.
I think the next main update will be v0.76 (spoke to Damian at Pinfest and I hope I'm remembering that correctly.....)

4 months later
#195 1 year ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

Greetings, I have a question about the fluorescent green plastic protectors on the Mermaid Edition. I'm noticing (especially from the photos in previous posts) that they don't appear to wash out the original art colors of the plastics, like the Convolux fluorescents from Freddy's do. Are the Haggis plastic protectors a solid plastic, or did they somehow come up with a fluorescent "edging" that leaves the original artwork free of the green tint???
I have a minty '81, and was looking at Freddy's, but didn't care for their solid green plastics covering the clear areas, as well as washing out the incredible art on Fathom's plastics, as seen in this photo.
Also, I am completely in awe of Haggis' version, and I'm green (pun intentional) with envy of those who snagged one!
Cheers.
[quoted image]

The Haggis ones are like edging, they are hollow under the artwork, except for a couple bits of structural support.

20220825_155632 (resized).jpg20220825_155632 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#219 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Anyone else get ball jams between the left side plastics and the glass?

That is caused by the plastic protectors / neon edging being hollow. To stop the ball jams, cut some clear plastic to fill in the hollow parts then use clear tape or glue them inside. This will stop all the plastic bending and the ball wont be able to fly up there. For us it used to get stuck there every 10 or so games, which is really annoying when its a location, we have now had a couple thousand games played since the fix and not a single stuck ball. See attached image, these screenshots are from a document of fixes and bugs I sent Haggis a while back.

forpinside (resized).pngforpinside (resized).png
5 months later
#828 9 months ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Mermaid not booting up today. High pitched whine, but no lights or programmed sounds at all. Anyone experience this?

We've had issues with boot up previously, never had the high pitched whine though, just no lights, no sounds and black screens. Turned out to be connection issues, just had to reseat the connectors.

3 months later
#997 5 months ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Anyone here got one on location? There’s one local to me and it’s out of order 90% of the time. Seems to be very troublesome. Not sure if it’s not quite up to the rigours of location play or if they just have a lemon.
The operator is ready to toss it.

It's a great fun game but we would not recommend it for location play, only home use, unless you run a location that is monitored during all opening hours by a pinball tech. To keep it playable in a location environment requires a very hands on approach. It cannot be just placed on a site and forgotten about until the coin box is emptied. But if you can keep it going it is a very fun game that looks incredibly awesome!

#1002 5 months ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I have the same problem. In the past 10 games I have played, I have had a ball get stuck here twice. It is really annoying because when you remove the glass the ball moves and drains before you can grab it.
What if any fix is available?
[quoted image]

Put a piece of acrylic in the hollow plastic protector.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in/page/5#post-7410693

3 months later
#1131 50 days ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Question for Fathom owners:
What code version are you running and do you experience the end of game lockup that some describe?
This information is helpful for narrowing down whether or not a certain code update made the issue worse for some.
Thank you in advance!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Currently on the latest code that's available to download on the Haggis website, which is dated March 2023. Up until about 2 months ago we were running a code that was dated January 2023 (don't have game in front of me right now to check the version numbers these dates are).

With both versions we had the game lockups.

Not just the normal 4 player 15 second lag, but complete game lockups.

These would occur on any number of players, including one player games, and it was not just at the end of a game, quite often it would lock up after ball one.

In the past I had assumed this was down to a communication error between the computer and fast, whenever these lockups would start happening constantly I would reseat all connectors and sometimes the game would behave for a short period of time. I've also looked at other fixes for a 'communication issue' such as replacing usb cables for higher quality ones (as doing this with the hdmi cables fixed flickering lcd screens) and rerouting data cables away from power sources and power cables incase of magnetic interference.

About a week ago I read a post that mentioned stuck switches or even possible phantom switch hits filling up the memory buffer and possibly crashing the game, so I inspected the switches (note the built in switch diagnostics is absolutely useless). Turns out we had a leaf switch behind the left drop targets that was constantly in contact plus a dodgy microswitch on a star roll-over. I've fixed those and so far after a week and about 100 games we've had no lock ups YET. I can't say definitely that is the cause yet, but it was previously very rare to get more than 5 games in before having to reboot the game.

The game also gets insanely hot inside the cabinet, so I have for a while thought overheating could also be an issue, but lockups sometimes occur immediately on the first game, before the game has a chance to overheat. I've been considering drilling holes in the cabinet and installing fans, but trying every other option I can think of first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brk_oth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in?tu=brk_oth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.