D790E874-DB58-40A7-A4DA-93791E432724 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6697 (resized).jpg
IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5824 (resized).jpeg
giphy (2).gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7282 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apessino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Let me guess, it cost you 10kus?

If he had bought that he would know the number. Also, maybe you should mind your own business.

9 months later
#212 1 year ago

Well... it's here! I can hardly believe it...

fathom (resized).jpgfathom (resized).jpg
#213 1 year ago

BTW I have to give huge thanks to gprotein for all his help. He coordinated with Haggis to have both of our games air-shipped to LA together (his was built first), handled everything, then even picked mine up at DHL and delivered it to my house.

Nicest pinball friend ever...

1 week later
#255 1 year ago

After a week or so and a few dozen games on my Mermaid, I can safely say that I *love* this game!

I will confirm what is now old news: this is one of the most beautiful games ever made - the artwork, the intense lighting, the quality of every little detail... just amazing, it gives the highest end JJP CE editions a run for their money. I will add that it has what is easily the best sound system of any stock pin I've ever tried, ever.

I had no emotional attachment to the original. I can't even remember playing it much back in the 80s, but I am surprised how much fun the layout is, especially combined with the new game mode. I am glad they included the original rules, but I played the "classic" mode once and it was enough. Revisited is where it's at.

For negatives: air balls are a thing. I had a couple of gnarly hits to the glass. Then again, the playfield looks pretty much indestructible, so let them at it, I guess? So far I have not had any issues, other than the shooter rod assembly needing some adjustment - the rubber tip hits nowhere near the center of the ball, which makes for a very weak plunge. I have not adjusted it yet, but it should a trivial fix once I get to it. I had a couple of hard freezes; both of them at the endgame. They required a power cycle to get the machine back. A couple of other software niggles happened as well, but not regularly enough that I know exactly what was going on. Overall minor stuff.

That is it - overall, I think this machine is an instant classic. Love playing it, it's a ton of fun and it feels... different. Really different, but not for the sake of it or at the expense of pinball fun. It's a beautiful piece of mechanical art, a joy to shoot and it is really challenging, in that old fashioned slightly punishing way. It's a unique experience and it stands out in my lineup, and not just because the dimensions of the cabin make it sit so much lower and smaller than its peers. See the pics for proof.

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#258 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

You're welcome for that preorder spot! Glad you FINALLY GOT YOUR GAME.

Yeah... about that.

I need to formally apologize to everyone here and to the pinball community at large for this unforgivable lapse in judgement. My only defense (and it's not a good one) is that I did not know any better, I did not know the person involved or what kind of... character he would turn out to be. 

I rationalized to myself that I was not really endorsing flipping or encouraging that kind of behavior. I had ignored the latest Haggis offering until the released that trailer video, then I realized my mistake and had a moment of weakness. Like I said, no good excuses.

Nothing else I can say, other than that I will never make such a mistake again, and that I need to do *something* to make amends, so I just made a donation of $20,000.00 to Project Pinball. Just a gesture, but please take it as a small token of apology.

PS: Project_Pinball if you read this, the grant has been sent from my giving trust, which is managed by Fidelity. It takes a few days for them to review it and then they will confirm with me and send the check or do a direct transfer if you are equipped to receive it. I love what you do...

2 weeks later
#402 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

So puzzling seeing so many Fathoms for sale. I mean more mermaids for sale than Tron or some other pins that were made in 10x the number.
It just doesn’t seem as if people are on fire about this pin and those that are sold seem close to the actual price including shipping.

I count four for sale - two are flips at $15K and $13K NIB (after price drops), one is at MSRP but says they have two coming so selling one, and one is legit MSRP but never opened, still NIB. There are 2 preorder spots for sale, one a flip.

None of these seem like people "are not on fire," more like it has been a long time and some have moved on. Plus flippers, of course.

1 month later
#557 11 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Anyone experiencing game freezes? Between balls, after game bonus tally, if game left on for a period of time with ball in shooter lane?
I’ve yet to hear anyone mention it and I’ve had those problems (and others) from the beginning. Damien said he was able to reproduce some of the same issues at the factory and its code related. Find it odd no one has mentioned it.
Anytime out there with issues?

I've had a few freezes - several during the end game sequence. Coding is hard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apessino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in?tu=apessino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.