IMG_4366 (resized).jpeg
D790E874-DB58-40A7-A4DA-93791E432724 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6697 (resized).jpg
IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5824 (resized).jpeg
giphy (2).gif
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EasternBloc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#202 1 year ago

What has been the typical wait time from payment to game shipping? I’m just over 100 days since payment and really excited to see this fish.

#205 1 year ago

Thanks guys, looks like I don’t need to make room quite yet.

3 weeks later
#288 1 year ago

I think my prior longest wait for a pin was Rick and Morty - about 14 months. I believe April will be the 24 month mark for Fathom. Excitement has not waned one bit for this machine. I dig the Haggis tokens they sent out, but what do people do with the big challenge coins?

-a big Haggis supporter from early on

2 months later
#560 12 months ago

Arrived just before I leave for a New Orleans weekend. Have to tear into it next week!

IMG_7965 (resized).jpegIMG_7965 (resized).jpeg
#696 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The only topper I'm aware of is this one pictured.

I like the topper, but does anyone know if the other plastics are feasible replacements for a Haggis Fathom? I assume there could be some differences between OG and Aussie versions.

#704 11 months ago

My DHL experience up to this point had been pretty bad, but I'm aggressively rural and understand the logistical difficulties that brings. This has been an exceedingly positive if not odd experience with DHL. Tracking was a bit dodgy; I watched it pinball around to American cities that didn't really make sense to me, then it got to Memphis and stopped. Three days passed, no update. On April 27th,I called DHL as I was about to leave town and I didn't really want anyone but me on the forklift when it arrived. DHL rep told me it would arrive on May 5th - not bad as May 2nd was my expected delivery date when it first left Oz so I put it out of mind. Well on the morning of the 28th, I'm getting ready to leave work early and I'm standing in the parking lot helping a customer. My customer looks at the road and says, "Man, this guy sure is lucky he didn't lose that water heater." I turn and look to see a beater mid 80s F-150 with a least a dozen fishing poles hanging out the back pulling into my store lot. The water heater is vertical, well-aft of the rear axle in the back of the truck, not strapped and the tailgate is down. Two Nattie Light cans fall out of the bed and hit the ground as I realize the rocking, nearly tipping water heater is actually my long awaited Fathom Mermaid. Guy pulls up to me and asks if I have a forklift. After directing him to our lower dock, he steps out and a few more beer cans fall out of the cab. In actuality, the box looks flawless other than some roadkill insects - no damage and in perfect order. I was gobsmacked and told the fella, "You know, I really wasn't expecting ya'll until next week." He just lit a cigarette and said, "Sheeeeet, we DHL. Gonna get yo shit out prompt." He had no paperwork, I never signed anything. Nothing on his truck or person said DHL. After I tucked the box away safely for the weekend and hit the highway I saw him three miles south on the side of the road fishing. Set it up today, game works flawlessly.

#712 11 months ago

For those who bent the playfield hangers back to seat the playfield closer to the shooter rod, may I inquire as to the method? These are the beefiest hangers I’ve ever seen. Red spring ordered in any case.

#719 11 months ago

Thanks all. Ball sits fine in the autolaunch and works great when the coil fires. Tried the apron tug as well and am now able to just clear the shooter lane just barely into the C rollover lane. It’s so close I’m sure the beefier spring will fix it upon arrival, just wanted to see how people approached the hanger bend. I think I’ll try a rag and a pair of lineman’s pliers to see if I can get a bit more impact from the shooter rod.

#721 11 months ago

Is the Tilt light always illuminated in the backglass on anyone else’s? The tilt mechanism and shutdown works fine and announces an actual tilt on the left apron screen, but seems like tilt is always illuminated up too during gameplay.

2 months later
#826 9 months ago

Mermaid not booting up today. High pitched whine, but no lights or programmed sounds at all. Anyone experience this?

#829 9 months ago

Upon more thorough investigation it does seem to have been a loose connector. Not sure which one, just reseated everything I could find. Must have bumped something when adjusting the flipper angle yesterday.

IMG_8676.gifIMG_8676.gif
1 month later
#881 7 months ago

Is 86 the latest code? Couldn’t find anything on the Haggis site.

#883 7 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Couldn't find anything on the Haggis site?

The beginning of that file name is celts-fullupdate. Didn’t think it applied.

1 month later
#963 6 months ago
Quoted from HAL9OOO:

How did you all pay Haggis? I don't want to get scammed.

I did an online transfer via chase to an account they hold in New York.

3 months later
#1056 3 months ago

My flippers slip a lot as well and have since it arrived. Haven’t bit the bullet yet on precisions due to cost, but probably will at some point.

Biggest issue I have is holding the playfield up while tinkering on flipper mechs. I’d love to see what props and methods other owners use to safely hold up a Haggis playfield while servicing. Crazy to me that there is no prop or service rails on these.

#1063 3 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

$333.50 with shipping

Bingo, that’s roughly what it cost to upgrade my R&M to precisions. Really more interested in discussing how owners deal with working on the delicate undersides of these heavy playfields than defending my pinball budget or maintenance timeline.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EasternBloc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in?tu=EasternBloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.