IMG_4366 (resized).jpeg
D790E874-DB58-40A7-A4DA-93791E432724 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6697 (resized).jpg
IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5824 (resized).jpeg
giphy (2).gif
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boof-Ed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 1 year ago

Got a Mermaid here. #12. Paid in full 4 weeks ago after being told it is estimated to be an 8 week build time from full payment. Not long to go now.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I am hoping to see sited Fathom classics in the near future at most pinball venues.
Who would have thought a 40+ year old designed machine would be in this era of wanktech.
I wonder if many operators are on this?
Full circle and love it.

I know of one mermaid going on site locally in Perth.

3 months later
#87 1 year ago

I’m an official owner now. Got to play a few games last night finally and WOW! I’m loving it. Just beautiful. Great attention to detail. Definitely the nicest cabinet finish on a new pin I’ve seen from any manufacturer.

86A54FB8-0976-4902-9BC5-E49AA17C0906 (resized).jpeg86A54FB8-0976-4902-9BC5-E49AA17C0906 (resized).jpegE479D95B-986D-4FEC-9C38-A06A73FD5AED (resized).jpegE479D95B-986D-4FEC-9C38-A06A73FD5AED (resized).jpeg
#89 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Post the game play mate, that vid is addictive.

Ok. Here’s a quick game I played on the first night. Have never played a fathom before and was only a couple of games in so had no idea what I was doing. Recorded on my phone with a tripod from Kmart so definitely not a professional job.

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Nice Brother!! What number are you? Im #3

#12. No significance, I asked for 11 but it was already taken.

2 weeks later
#99 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

If anyone is having issues with their LCD screens flickering on and off you can purchases these HDMI cables and swap the old ones out. Solved my issues completely.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1020573-REG/kramer_c_hm_hm_a_c_10_high_speed_hdmi_male_to.html

Might be a good idea to let Haggis know this. The displays have been driving me mad.

#110 1 year ago

Not sure if this had been mentioned but there seems to be holes in the top of the head box. Topper coming maybe?

953D2699-DFA3-406A-9B91-78C4EF0D072C (resized).jpeg953D2699-DFA3-406A-9B91-78C4EF0D072C (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#118 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Just clocked over 400 games of the revisited code and am loving it. Even running early code (0.76) I can see there is a fair bit of depth. Just need to practice more at hitting those 1-2-3 targets in sequence!

Where did you get the v76 code?

#122 1 year ago

I don’t understand why there was no update available to people with games running V62 when new games leaving the factory have V76

1 month later
#138 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Question for owners.
On the right side outlane, the most outward lane almost never makes it over the gap (see red circled area)
My left side jumps the gap nearly 100% of the time - see yellow circled area
It appears that the small post and rubber are getting into the ball path as the ball makes it around that stainless ball guide (see red circled area). What happens is the ball hits that small rubber, bounces up and into the sling rubber, then backwards and down into the gap.
The only “fix” would be to remove and gently bend a more concave radius into the lower part of the guide
What does your guide look like on the right side?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had to bend my right guide up as it was exactly the same as yours. 100% fail rate from that lane. About 10% now. Still a little tweaking to do.

2 weeks later
#178 1 year ago

Can someone with a game see if the game count is counting up faster than actual games played. I had a quick look last night to see how many games I had put in it so far and it was 800 something. There’s no way that many games have been played on it so I played a couple of games and it seems my game count goes up 2 or 3 for every 1 game played.

1 week later
#183 1 year ago

When I downloaded Fathom v85 it came up as celts full update.

7BE7EEF3-078D-4D18-8676-C446AC6150FE (resized).jpeg7BE7EEF3-078D-4D18-8676-C446AC6150FE (resized).jpeg
#184 1 year ago

Just updated and worked. My game counter is still not counting correctly. It’s not a problem for me. More a curiosity thing to see how many games Ive played on different titles. Game count reset on update. Played one game each of original and revisited and game count was at 4.

#185 1 year ago

Not sure if they tweaked the sound settings but Wow revisited sounds awesome now. Love the new bonus count sound.
Trying to work out the mermaid battles though. Seem a lot harder to beat.
I was on v63 before this though.

1 week later
#203 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

What has been the typical wait time from payment to game shipping? I’m just over 100 days since payment and really excited to see this fish.

I was in the first batch and it was around 160 days. Not sure where it’s at now. Hopefully Haggis has really got production rolling by now.

2 weeks later
#218 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Anyone else have issues with the flippers not working? I changed out the leaf switches for gold plated ones... hope that fixes the issue. Maybe the California air is causing the tungston ones to not conduct?
Also what's with all the air balls? Feel like it's gonna break glass. Anyone else get ball jams between the left side plastics and the glass?
How about game crashes? Since the latest update it seems to be a little more funky. Using it for league play and had to do a few restarts to get a good 4 player game working.
Ok... as for the rules..did the original Fathom have lane changes and auto ball launch?

Lots of air balls and the 1 drop target needs a perfect direct hit to drop. 99% of my air balls are off this drop.

20D2C9A7-EC72-4376-A2AD-155030FB4371 (resized).jpeg20D2C9A7-EC72-4376-A2AD-155030FB4371 (resized).jpeg

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Can another owner post some good pictures of their backglass? I have several small parts that look like chips in the artwork, light shines completely through, no paint on the backside on these areas, but thought at first this was intentional. Not sure now. Can others confirm if these exist on their backglass?
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine has a couple of those crescent shapes but they are mirrored and not transparent. Also included a picture of the back held up to the light as yours is. Mine is nowhere near as easy to see the front image as yours.

ADC5B0BA-4FDC-4AFA-9229-B3D72FE18AE8 (resized).jpegADC5B0BA-4FDC-4AFA-9229-B3D72FE18AE8 (resized).jpeg5D51079E-F5D5-498B-9069-904737593F5F (resized).jpeg5D51079E-F5D5-498B-9069-904737593F5F (resized).jpeg4A428CCC-E5AB-4209-B738-B43B01E7A545 (resized).jpeg4A428CCC-E5AB-4209-B738-B43B01E7A545 (resized).jpegCF86C048-2923-4417-87B8-BE545C486FC8 (resized).jpegCF86C048-2923-4417-87B8-BE545C486FC8 (resized).jpeg
#226 1 year ago

Yes, the two areas in the middle of mine look like gouges, completely see through. Your doesn't look the same. What's your third picture where it looks completely white?
I'm trying to make sure if I actually have an issue (and I've had a few) before I reach back out to Damien. It looks like my backglass ink chipped off in those areas and created a hole instead of a mirrored crescent.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s the back of the glass. Has a white mask over it all. 3rd picture is with no light from the front side and forth is when lit from the front. Maybe yours is missing that and could be the reason you have the “gouges”

#243 1 year ago

Undercab lighting anytime? Is yours on all the time or just occasionally?

Only on when playing revisited.

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from etien:

When I read that some vocal folks have successfully ask for replacement of their delivered pinball for some scratches I wonder if I am too nice to patiently wait for some news having paid last September. The raise in price makes me wonder if haggis hasn’t have a cash flow issue ( seeing the rush in inflation worldwide this would the logical as the initial price was on the low bracket for a new pinball ). Starting to worry that I won’t see this baby.

If you paid in full in September you will be very close. You’re in that 24-26 week window now.

2 weeks later
#410 1 year ago
Quoted from BobT:

Curious how you came up with "20 or so series ticket holders" number.
Wild/educated guess?

Heard it straight from the horses mouth and his number is very close to the actual number at the time. Could be more series holders now though.

#412 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I sold my nice, original, unrestored Bally for $8kau, which is what i paid for it. Can't remember what the original price of the Mermaid was, and my order confirmation just shows the deposit with no total. Anyone remember what they were in $au?
I don't think it was an expensive upgrade, but i knew it would be huge one.
Much cheaper than a stern premium here.

$12650 for Aussies

#419 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

That sounds betterer and more in line with my memory.
So both correct, $12,650 with the G?

Yes. $12650 total.

1 week later
#444 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

First Mermaid listed for sale in Australia on facebook atm. Listed for offers, way over in Perth.

Listed with 2 other titles as something needs to go. I’ve had it 8 months and unfortunately it’s not a forever pin for me. I’m just not getting into it.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You don't have to explain mate, but thanks for the insight all the same.
I've had the Bally before, so i don't have to worry about that if it's all solid and the code and mechs work.

Works fine. Looks amazing. I just don’t think it’s for me.
In saying that if one of the others sells first, it will stay for the time being.

#448 1 year ago

Godfather and scooby

2 weeks later
#544 1 year ago

here in Western Australia one came up for AUD$15K FYI
My favourite playing machine is still WNBJM so firkin addictive IMO, about as simple as you can get

Which is USD$10k

1 week later
#547 1 year ago

Must have it leveled perfectly. Got a bit exuberant in multiball and tilted with a ball on each flipper. Rolled down and jammed

6D28EBEB-F497-4290-9365-710609195A0F (resized).jpeg6D28EBEB-F497-4290-9365-710609195A0F (resized).jpeg

#549 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

That chrome is like a mirror!

It is a beautiful game.

#558 1 year ago

Ive gotten a few delays in between balls but never a full freeze. I have had a lot of drop target issues though. Forever having to adjust the coil strength in the settings.

1 week later
#564 12 months ago

Yep I think it’s a shitty move. Sell it on the promise that the mermaid is the only way to get the 2.0 code and then backflip once you get most of the final payments.
Good luck selling out of any other Limited runs if the other option is available. Even if they aren’t available at the start they will be later.

#570 12 months ago

I don't have an issue as Mermaids are still special and unique.
Im glad demand made then rethink so more people can enjoy their product.
Just think of it as a Stern Premium.

That’s all good and well but Stern doesn’t say there isn’t going to be any premiums, you will only get these options on the LE then at the end of an LE run say oh there’s demand here’s some premiums.
I understand why they are actually doing it, for the demand, but it kind of makes me feel that they don’t mind going back on their promises of the code only being on that mermaid edition. That was the biggest point Damian was making whilst selling the mermaids.

#578 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Hard to not find this comical. If you look at their Youtube account, there are ZERO updates (ZERO!) for over a year for those dedicated Mermaid customers that had money sitting out, all with a "don't care, you don't need it" attitude. Now at the end it's a big middle finger to Mermaid owners and an attempt to cash grab at the expense of the exclusivity that those Mermaid owners were promised.
Really bad business move IMO. It would be hard to trust anything Haggis says now IMO. They could have just moved on to the next title, THAT is what everyone wants/is waiting for, and those that "missed out" on the Mermaid would be lined up to make sure they didn't miss out on the next game. Now there will be no rush to buy the "LE" version, and the dedicated customers that bought Mermaids will have to decide if they want to buy the next machine after getting burned.

Absolutely spot on here.

1 week later
#722 11 months ago

Not sure how much demand there is for the classic plus in Australia. I’ve offered my mermaid up for the same price as the classic plus and had one tyre kicker.
All the interest must be from the US.

#723 11 months ago

Oh and one thing I have noticed is these don’t have this cover bracket at the back. You can see the back of the playfield and looks unfinished. Once it was pointed out to me I’m seeing it all the time now.
Sorry to those that haven’t noticed it.

630686C4-DAA3-4997-A414-B764D023B3FB (resized).jpeg630686C4-DAA3-4997-A414-B764D023B3FB (resized).jpeg
#725 11 months ago

Looks like the original to me?

My picture is the original. I’m showing what’s missing.

#728 11 months ago

Very quiet in here.

F227ABDD-FD5C-4FA9-BF78-F0778C616C0B.gifF227ABDD-FD5C-4FA9-BF78-F0778C616C0B.gif
#731 11 months ago

Nope. Absolutely zero interest. Sorry. One inquiry that I thought was keen but crickets.
Obviously all the interest was not in Australia.

I wonder what would be involved in converting the Aus game to US configuration. I could offer it to us buyers.

#733 11 months ago

Or maybe it’s the seller ( I jest )

Probably

3 weeks later
#775 10 months ago
Quoted from gold1:

Boy,it seems that Oz is pulling the plug????????????

Why is that? There is two games and one spot in Oz. There is 3 games in the US. Does that mean the US has already pulled the plug?

1 month later
#850 8 months ago
Quoted from roar:

2-6 weeks for what? Shipping to you? If that's the case fantastic, that is greatly reduced from what people have reported after making final payment.

Sounds to me that if he really is getting it in that timeframe, then someone ordered over 2 years ago, paid in full 20 or so weeks ago and pulled out a couple of weeks shy of receiving the machine. I haven’t heard of anyone getting their machine earlier than 25 weeks from full payment.

1 month later
#873 7 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Plenty of t nuts in Australia mate.
https://www.boltandnut.com.au/nuts/tee-nut
And how specifically does a T nut stop a post from coming loose?

It has a fixed base for the bolt/screw so it doesn’t move. There is a bigger hole than the screws with the current set up.
My top lane posts would move every time the ball hit them off the pops.
Also changing the rubbers would be a lot easier. I wanted to change mine but when I saw how involved it was going to be I said stuff that.

#878 7 months ago

But your sterns posts are the same size as the hole. On the Haggis games the hole is a little bigger so the post has movement inside. Haggis advised me not to over tighten the posts.

1 week later
#893 7 months ago

You couldn’t put a single prop bar on this. The playfield is just too easy to twist. It would have to be on each side or one in the middle.

3 weeks later
#914 6 months ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

It has been over 32 weeks since I paid in full. My last response from Haggis said my game should be ready to ship by the end September. Guess what month it is now?[quoted image]

This is the worry. They should be getting much faster, not slower. I think it’s time to stop telling people 8-12 week build times on the final invoice Haggis. Be fair to your customers.

3 weeks later
#994 6 months ago

Anyone here got one on location? There’s one local to me and it’s out of order 90% of the time. Seems to be very troublesome. Not sure if it’s not quite up to the rigours of location play or if they just have a lemon.
The operator is ready to toss it.

2 months later
#1049 3 months ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I am. Paid in full as of last May 18.

Is this because you are waiting for the container to Planetary or is your game not built yet?

3 weeks later
#1074 3 months ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

My flippers slip a lot as well and have since it arrived. Haven’t bit the bullet yet on precisions due to cost, but probably will at some point.
Biggest issue I have is holding the playfield up while tinkering on flipper mechs. I’d love to see what props and methods other owners use to safely hold up a Haggis playfield while servicing. Crazy to me that there is no prop or service rails on these.

A local sited game to me kept having trouble with the bats slipping and it ended up being the actual bat shear off the the metal shaft and start to move.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boof-Ed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in?tu=Boof-Ed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.