D790E874-DB58-40A7-A4DA-93791E432724 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6697 (resized).jpg
IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5824 (resized).jpeg
giphy (2).gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7282 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.
#354 1 year ago

Let's get the thread back on track please.

#355 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Let's get the thread back on track please.

Happy you cleaned up the thread but you cleaned everything but the problem?

Anyway.

I really need to get to play the revisited code. I’ve got my Mermaid still sitting in a box partly because I don’t have room, but also because I need to decide whether to restore my og Fathom which is in pieces atm. I picked up a beautifully restored Flash Gordon that plays like new, and I kind of like the idea of having an og Fathom sitting next to it.

But I also like the idea of revisited.

Anyone else swapped an OG for a revisited?

Maybe i should watch a stream.

#356 1 year ago

Yes i sold my Bally when i put the deposit on the Mermaid.

The thread still contains all the off topic, despite me reporting it.

Guess that tells the story more than an explanation.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes, I did.

Like Punkin, I sold my OG game in anticipation of getting the Mermaid Fathom. Having had my Haggis Fathom for a month or two, it's a no brainer IMO.
It's a stunning machine to look at, well crafted/constructed, and the new code and sounds are great. Although the code is still a little buggy, I know it will get better.

Haggis Fathom plays much smoother, faster and more accurate than my original did and I had a real nice copy of it.

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Happy you cleaned up the thread but you cleaned everything but the problem?
Anyway.
I really need to get to play the revisited code. I’ve got my Mermaid still sitting in a box partly because I don’t have room, but also because I need to decide whether to restore my og Fathom which is in pieces atm. I picked up a beautifully restored Flash Gordon that plays like new, and I kind of like the idea of having an og Fathom sitting next to it.
But I also like the idea of revisited.
Maybe i should watch a stream.

I sold a very nice original and don’t regret it. You still have the original gameplay available, which i still enjoy by the way. I wish they would’ve incorporated those voices or phrasing in the new code as well. Only thing I prefer in the original is the backglass and how it illuminated. The new one is so much darker. I’d like to be able to adjust the backglass lighting color and intensity someday. I’m sure Damien could make that possible.

#359 1 year ago

My pre order spot is up and have decided to stick with my original. Spot is for sale if anyone is looking, ad is posted.

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My pre order spot is up and have decided to stick with my original. Spot is for sale if anyone is looking, ad is posted.

It wasn't but a few months ago when the pitchfork mob absolutely lambasted me for listing an $1160 mermaid preorder for $2500. You're FIRM at $3000 for the same $1160 preorder.

I'm waiting for the mob to come along any minute now.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

It wasn't but a few months ago when the pitchfork mob absolutely lambasted me for listing a mermaid preorder for $2500. You're FIRM at $3000. I'm waiting for the mob to come along any minute now.

You’re guilty of a lot more than a price hike. Why do you still hang out in this forum? Just waiting for some conversation to start so you can jump in and insult someone? Get a new hobby.

#362 1 year ago

Great price for a lightly used HUO mermaid. Even less than a NIB game would be after shipping. $10,500 OBO https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/152640

NIB Mermaid flippers be like... WAIT... SAY WHAAA?!

Cr1xMQaWYAErmq4 (resized).jpgCr1xMQaWYAErmq4 (resized).jpg

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

You’re guilty of a lot more than a price hike. Why do you still hang out in this forum? Just waiting for some conversation to start so you can jump in and insult someone? Get a new hobby.

Someone should remind d0n of how he drummed up fear in the Haggis thread with doom and gloom.

When games were overdue, we were all worried and he repeatedly posted a variety of unsubstantiated scare stories. He flat out lied about the Bill story as just one example.

Then he privately got people to sell him their pre-order spots. Which he has since boasted about flipping all of those spots for profit and never taking possession.

I don't mind people flipping games or spots, per say, but that was pretty manipulative imo.

#364 1 year ago

invoice Number 177
fathom mermaid number 116
deposit Date 4/27/21
final payment request 9/1/22
final payment 9/14/23 - AMEX per my request
completion date 2/16/23
shipping payment 2/21/23 - request to delay due to vacation
shipping date 2/24/23
shipping fees 1900$ USA AUS
arrival - 3/8/23

39B19A78-168F-439A-A622-31CE6BB30AE5 (resized).jpeg39B19A78-168F-439A-A622-31CE6BB30AE5 (resized).jpeg
#365 1 year ago

Congratulations!
I just received mine Monday.
Stunning machine!

#366 1 year ago

Number 147 landed in Florida. I’m sure there’s some merfolk around here. A838766E-4D0A-432D-AC60-F1D258273F9A (resized).jpegA838766E-4D0A-432D-AC60-F1D258273F9A (resized).jpeg

#367 1 year ago

well, they said the William's remakes would be junk talked krap said they would be lucky if it played like a stern......
IT's almost I'm possible to get a LE now like I say, if you have nothing nice to say.....Zip it

#368 1 year ago

I'm having the hardest time getting my left flipper to stop slipping. It keeps inching up. I purchased a new rebuild kit as the one that came with my machine was a little defective (magnetized and kept sticking up). I tightened it up really good and it still slips. There is no gap by the bolt where you tighten it. Are the rebuild kits from pinballlife just really poorly made?

#369 1 year ago

Go precision flippers. No question.

The only question is whether you want to go the solids so it looks old school, or the Halo's so it plays like a rock star.

I'm thinking halos because they make the game better and make me play better, but solids are going in my Sunset Riders.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Go precision flippers. No question.
The only question is whether you want to go the solids so it looks old school, or the Halo's so it plays like a rock star.
I'm thinking halos because they make the game better and make me play better, but solids are going in my Sunset Riders.

Has it been confirmed Precision Flippers will work in our Haggis games? I'm concerned the different playfield might not accept them.

I'm not having any issues with my flippers but I love Precision.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Has it been confirmed Precision Flippers will work in our Haggis games? I'm concerned the different playfield might not accept them.
I'm not having any issues with my flippers but I love Precision.

The only minor issue I had with replacing flippers, was the shafts on mine were slightly less diameter than replacements both Celts and Fathom.. Other than needing to work to get them into the underside link, standard flippers should all work..

#372 1 year ago

Can someone help me out? My new Fathom shooter spring is too weak to shoot the ball out of the shooter lane.

Is there any way make the ball auto plunge on a miss too weak shot out of shooter lane?
Sometimes it will shoot it out after a few failed attempts.

I assume I need a new spring? I’m not the most technical person so any help would be appreciated.

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone help me out? My new Fathom shooter spring is too weak to shoot the ball out of the shooter lane.
Is there any way make the ball auto plunge on a miss too weak shot out of shooter lane?
I assume I need a new spring? I’m not the most technical person so any help would be appreciated.

I actually had this problem too straight out of the box. I changed the spring out, didn't help. Found out it was a broken shooter tip. Check the black tip first and change if needed! That fixed it for me!

#374 1 year ago

The ball doesn’t seem to be close enough to the shooter tip.

I honestly don’t understand how these pins can get shipped out like this. I’m not a pinball technician.

DDF7E172-EFFC-4332-91BA-435D23A69053 (resized).jpegDDF7E172-EFFC-4332-91BA-435D23A69053 (resized).jpeg

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I honestly don’t understand how these pins can get shipped out like this. I’m not a pinball technician.
[quoted image]

Spread the two forks apart so the ball will rest closer to shooter tip.

You don't need to be a pinball tech for things like this.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Spread the two forks apart so the ball will rest closer to shooter tip.
You don't need to be a pinball tech for things like this.

What do I use to spread the tips out?

Also the ball is so far from the shooter tip I might need to spread it so far that the auto shooter won’t work because it’s spread too wide.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

What do I use to spread the tips out? I don’t want to break it.

I would use a couple of channel locks, vice grips or even just regular plyers' or a combination of those. Just go slowly until you find the sweet spot. It won't break unless your unruly aggressive and continually wiggling the metal back and forth.

And even if for some reason it did break, its easily replaceable and installed.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Also the ball is so far from the shooter tip I’m afraid will need to spread it so far that the auto shooter won’t work at all because it’s spread too far.

Yes, don't go so far that the ball is resting in-between the two forks. There is happy medium where the forks are still on the ball and the shooter tip much closer. The ball doesn't need to be resting on the shooter tip, just much closer.

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I had the same issue. All I needed was a more powerful shooter spring. I forget which colour I used, but I purchased the 3 most powerful ones from pinballlife and the first one I put in worked perfectly. Don't go bending metal until you've tried this first.

#380 1 year ago

Here's a picture of mine. The ball is not touching the shooter tip or even one of the forks.

I had to spread my forks apart when I first got the machine too. It's such an easy fix I'd forgotten I even did it.

This is all a part of buying a NIB machine. The NIB Stern games I've bought over the year have often been much worse.

20230310_095416 (resized).jpg20230310_095416 (resized).jpg
#381 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Don't go bending metal until you've tried this first.

Yes, I agree with this. I was reacting to his comment below. And in reviewing his picture again I'd say it looks fine.
A new shooter spring should fix the issue.

Quoted from rai:

Sorry I went down that rabbit hole

#382 1 year ago

#383 1 year ago

I just switched my spring out with green and it's perfect. You can get a 5 pack of springs from Marcos or pinball life that all have different strengths to find what suits you.

#384 1 year ago

I just switched my spring out with green and it's perfect. You can get a 5 pack of springs from Marcos or pinball life that all have different strengths to find what suits you.

Thanks

I’ll be more comfortable switching the springs than bending the auto shooter mechanism.

#385 1 year ago

Anyone adjust the POPS. I checked my leaf switches beneath and all look good. The bottom most POP isn't very active outside a hard direct hit. I see a setting to adjust in the system, but don't know which is 1 2 or 3.

#386 1 year ago

Was easier than all that.

Got a reply from Haggis, great service !!

-|——————-

Phil.

Glad to hear you received your game, sorry to hear your having a problem with it.

I believe what is happening is that the playfield hangers are stretching slightly during shipping.
There are a couple of things to try first, and if they still don’t resolve the issue, I can send you out some replacement hangers and/or a replacement shooter rod to address.

If you could take a photo for me of the top-down view of a ball sitting in the shooter lane, that would be great. I would like to see what the distance is from the tip of the shooter rod to where the ball is sitting at rest.

Assuming that it is the playfield hangers, then dependent on the amount they have stretched (it can be as little as 1 or 2 mm), the first thing I would try is to simply pull the playfield back towards you when it is in its normal playing position. So, remove the glass, and then by holding the playfield from the middle of the apron (similar to where you would grab it to lift it up), just gently pull the playfield back toward the front of the machine and then check the gap between the shooter rod and ball.

If that hasn’t managed to bring the playfield closer to the plunger, then ensure all balls are removed from the trough and lift the playfield up into its service position (i.e. resting against the headbox). Remember to place a cloth on the edge of the headbox to safeguard any possible damage (make sure to read the additional instruction that came with the unpack instructions). Then you can use a pair of standard pliers with a light rag to bend each hanger in turn, closer to the playfield. Once again, this will require some gentle, steady force, but I expect that we will only need to affect the bend/distance between the hanger and the playfield by a couple of millimetres.

Please let me know how you go.

If also added this to our support ticket system, so you may get a couple of email responses at one

Cheers,

Damian

#387 1 year ago

Pinball brothers solved this by having locating screws that screw the playfield to the lock down receiver.

DSCF2119[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2119[1] (resized).jpg

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pinball brothers solved this by having locating screws that screw the playfield to the lock down receiver.
[quoted image]

Jealous the stickers arent coming off your apon on Alien. Guess ill hit mine with a heat gun.

Any guess on production? Half way?

#389 1 year ago

Maybe? Seems like they could have shipped more than a hundred? i know a few people here with one.

Only thing i know is i'm last by request.

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

https://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/266-5001-02/medium.JPG

I had the same problem. I replaced shooter rod spring w the 'Red' one from Marco and it solved the problem.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

https://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/266-5001-02/medium.JPG
I had the same problem. I replaced shooter rod spring w the 'Red' one from Marco and it solved the problem.

Might’ve been my problem that the PF hangers got stretch a bit. See post above but it’s working now.

Such a stunning machine. I’m not sure if I’m an old school player but the vision execution of this pin are phenomenal.

If anyone is debating this pin there are a couple for sale now I’d grab them if you can.

#392 1 year ago

Anyone adjust the POPS. I checked my leaf switches beneath and all look good. The bottom most POP isn't very active outside a hard direct hit. I see a setting to adjust in the system, but don't know which is 1 2 or 3.

Yes, Ive had to fiddle with the leafs underneath, and also raise the power on all three pops, more for the bottom one. Also I do not recall with one is 1,2,3 .. You can just drop the power down really low on one at a time, then you can tell which is which..

#393 1 year ago

What are your take on the new code? Any strategies you recommend?

I haven’t put much time on my game as it has issues that interfere with gameplay. But I did have a decent game this morning and fought and won two of the mermaid battles, was awarded a treasure and the game really seemed to open up at that point. Is there a roadmap or illustration of the code progression?

To me this game is hard, harder than the other games I own and at least today I was inspired to want to go deeper into the game.

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Maybe? Seems like they could have shipped more than a hundred? i know a few people here with one.
Only thing i know is i'm last by request.

im 249

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Jealous the stickers arent coming off your apon on Alien. Guess ill hit mine with a heat gun.
Any guess on production? Half way?

I was in the low 50’s for production. Granted I don’t know if that includes the 20 or so series ticket holders as well. I got my game at the very beginning of January. I’d be surprised if they are a third of the way through the build but who knows.

#396 1 year ago

Only The Shadow

#397 1 year ago

I was in the low 50’s for production. Granted I don’t know if that includes the 20 or so series ticket holders as well. I got my game at the very beginning of January. I’d be surprised if they are a third of the way through the build but who knows.

Curious how you came up with "20 or so series ticket holders" number.
Wild/educated guess?

#398 1 year ago

So puzzling seeing so many Fathoms for sale. I mean more mermaids for sale than Tron or some other pins that were made in 10x the number.

It just doesn’t seem as if people are on fire about this pin and those that are sold seem close to the actual price including shipping.

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

So puzzling seeing so many Fathoms for sale. I mean way more than Tron or some other pins that were made in 10x the number.
It just doesn’t seem as if people are on fire about this pin and those that are sold seem close to the actual price including shipping.

I've noticed this also.
Doesn't impact me personally, because - bolted...
However, for as amazing and beautifully built as Fathom Mermaid is, it's a bit distressing.

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from BobT:

I've noticed this also.
Doesn't impact me personally, because - bolted...
However, for as amazing and beautifully built as Fathom Mermaid is, it's a bit distressing.

I’ve never seen a HEP restoration pin but I can just imagine if they did one of the original Fathom it’d surely cost a lot. And to me the remake is even better than an original even if you had it restored to better than new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 1,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.