IMG_0362 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0532 (resized).jpeg
C8F3E8B7-69A7-4B62-A2F0-2868A16BA406 (resized).jpeg
ABE95592-CC10-42C6-846C-D714109D777B (resized).jpeg
0547B9BB-6090-45BA-87D4-746DE9F04A73 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8157 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,249 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 25.
#1201 61 days ago

I had this game on my wishlist but had to take off of with all the issues ( rather they be big, or small). I mean with only around 150 of these machines in the wild…15 people with issues is 10% (not good)

#1202 59 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I had this game on my wishlist but had to take off of with all the issues ( rather they be big, or small). I mean with only around 150 of these machines in the wild…15 people with issues is 10% (not good)

Smart move

#1203 56 days ago

Really enjoying our game.
Just a few things that were bothering me...... (nothing major).
1). Flipper alignment. Out of the box. Bit high for my likings, so we lowered them slightly. (Can see why. As it enabled you to backhand the lagoon shot). After realignment we felt it shoots more like an original fathom.
2). Titans were breaking down after around 100 plays so we replaced those.....Blue-left side, green-right side....
3). Airballs off the 1-2-3 targets landing on the plastics above the drop targets and ending up on the apron.
So we designed a protector. (Had it made in green, clear and blue). Decided to go with blue as it kinda blends.
4). The coin door. It just looked a bit diy. So we “pimped” it a bit including a nice plaque......
Comments welcome. Here’s a few pictures........ enjoy........C8F3E8B7-69A7-4B62-A2F0-2868A16BA406 (resized).jpegC8F3E8B7-69A7-4B62-A2F0-2868A16BA406 (resized).jpegABE95592-CC10-42C6-846C-D714109D777B (resized).jpegABE95592-CC10-42C6-846C-D714109D777B (resized).jpeg0547B9BB-6090-45BA-87D4-746DE9F04A73 (resized).jpeg0547B9BB-6090-45BA-87D4-746DE9F04A73 (resized).jpeg

#1204 56 days ago

Speaking of flippers, anybody try precisions on this game? My shots seem to go “out” more than I expect. Right seems to always miss off to the right, and left off to the left.

#1205 56 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Speaking of flippers, anybody try precisions on this game? My shots seem to go “out” more than I expect. Right seems to always miss off to the right, and left off to the left.

Was having similar issues but precisions were out of stock, lowered the flippers so they're pointed slightly downward coming out of the plastics (rather than dead center) and it shoots beautifully, to the point I'm less inclined to get the precisions. That said, I've broken a lot of flipper bats and had to replace the pawl bolts because they have to be tightened so much (over about 5,000 total plays), so the precisions might still be a worthy investment once the flipper mechs start needing replacement.

#1206 56 days ago

Happy to report that after swapping the replacement LED controller board Haggis sent me, my game is fully operational.
All in it was a quick fix and I’m happy with the quick diagnosis (through crash logs) and the support response.

#1207 56 days ago
Quoted from Mishap:

Was having similar issues but precisions were out of stock, lowered the flippers so they're pointed slightly downward coming out of the plastics (rather than dead center) and it shoots beautifully, to the point I'm less inclined to get the precisions. That said, I've broken a lot of flipper bats and had to replace the pawl bolts because they have to be tightened so much (over about 5,000 total plays), so the precisions might still be a worthy investment once the flipper mechs start needing replacement.

So last night I went down and lowered the 2 flippers about 1/16 of an inch. Feels way better, then halfway through my game I noticed the upper flipper was way off, look closer and it cracked went ahead and tossed on a new white Bally I had laying around, and ordered a handful of new translucent blue ones.

IMG_0532 (resized).jpegIMG_0532 (resized).jpegIMG_0534 (resized).jpegIMG_0534 (resized).jpeg
#1208 56 days ago

has anyone polished their game yet?
if so, what did you use and the result please?
I love my Mill Wax and curious if you've tried this?

im gonna try a small spot on weekend and see how it goes

#1209 56 days ago

Any tips for replacing the start button?
Wondering if there’s a higher quality drop in.
Mine looks nice but seems to get stuck a lot.

#1210 56 days ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Any tips for replacing the start button?
Wondering if there’s a higher quality drop in.
Mine looks nice but seems to get stuck a lot.

When I was having issues with mine (solved by just completely taking it apart and putting it back together lol) I found a flipper button fit nicely, and clear let some blue and green lights shine through, but then you would have to make a small bracket for a micro switch or leaf switch.

IMG_0359 (resized).jpegIMG_0359 (resized).jpegIMG_0362 (resized).jpegIMG_0362 (resized).jpeg
#1211 56 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

So last night I went down and lowered the 2 flippers about 1/16 of an inch. Feels way better, then halfway through my game I noticed the upper flipper was way off, look closer and it cracked went ahead and tossed on a new white Bally I had laying around, and ordered a handful of new translucent blue ones.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The game was trying to tell you something... it looks better with the white flippers

#1212 56 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

When I was having issues with mine (solved by just completely taking it apart and putting it back together lol) I found a flipper button fit nicely, and clear let some blue and green lights shine through, but then you would have to make a small bracket for a micro switch or leaf switch.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe I should try taking mine apart. It seems the return spring action is a little light.
I wasn’t sure if that was a readily available part or something unique to this machine.

#1213 56 days ago

Anyone else have difficulty getting the cave saucer to catch the ball? I seem to ricochet out of it a lot.
Maybe playfield incline angle…
I might have to look into some thin foam or slightly bend that bracket behind it to see if I can get it to sit better.

#1214 56 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Milwax is absolute trash lmao

#1215 56 days ago

I asked about cleaning the playfield a long time back and this was the response I got. I’ve been following this and it still looks brand new to this day

“Cleaning: We use and recommend 100% IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol), or as close to 100% as you can get, which you can usually find small spray bottles at JayCar or bunnings. For a cloth, we currently are using microfibre cloths, also from Bunnings. Any microfiber cloth will do, it is just imperative that it is CLEAN! You can either spray directly onto the playfield surface and then wipe off, or spray onto the cloth first. Best approach here is rub lightly and regularly. It is also important to ensure your pinballs are clean.”

#1216 56 days ago
Quoted from roar:

The game was trying to tell you something... it looks better with the white flippers

Now that you mention it, white flippers with blue rubbers might look good. But I already ordered some blue flippers, so Ill do those for now, If I had more white ones laying around, id probably go with white for now, but all the ones I have are the Williams style ones.

#1217 55 days ago

I am contemplating getting this game in a trade and wanted to get some direction as to what the 2.0 code does to the game and if the expanded code is worth my while sort of thing. I am keen on the original code I think, however, it would be nice to have both if it's nicely done.
I have tried haggis website but it seems like all information regarding this game has now been taken off the website.

#1218 55 days ago

I probably can’t help much, because I never really cared for the original fathom, but I love the revisited code. Choosing between the two is as easy as just hitting the left or right flipper button (if you have it turned on, I don’t).

To me, even the sound effects and general music are just so much nicer it’s hard to play the classic. BUT everybody is different and I could see people only playing the classic mode too.

I did do a YouTube video of it on Kolks pinball of me playing it, when I had first got it, so I’m sure if I went back and watched it I probably didn’t know much about it. lol

#1219 55 days ago

are there any more code updates for this machine or is it complete as is?
I watched the YouTube videos and I am not terribly impressed by the music in the game, very repetitive.... wondering if this was changed or updated as the video is 2 years old (uploaded by haggis team).

#1220 55 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

are there any more code updates for this machine or is it complete as is?
I watched the YouTube videos and I am not terribly impressed by the music in the game, very repetitive.... wondering if this was changed or updated as the video is 2 years old (uploaded by haggis team).

To each their own but I love the music. I find it very, Cirque du Soleil. And it's the best when the music changes during multiball. Hard to describe but it becomes dark, mysterious and dramatic.

Music to murder a scuba diver with?

#1221 55 days ago

All I use is Novus 1 on it. It's intended to clean and shine plastics. I presume the same way Mill Wax was designed to clean and wax painted wood. Novus 1 seems like a good fit as the top of the Mermaids playfield is plastic.

#1223 55 days ago

So being 100% serious, I’ve only scrolled up on this page to see where you have said that twice now, but what do you suggest we use? So far I’ve only had mine about a month, so I’ve only dusted it off with sprayway glass cleaner lol.

#1224 55 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

So being 100% serious, I’ve only scrolled up on this page to see where you have said that twice now, but what do you suggest we use? So far I’ve only had mine about a month, so I’ve only dusted it off with sprayway glass cleaner lol.

On the plastic playfield I wouldn't use much, sprayaway (or pretty much any ammonia free) glass cleaner would be fine, novus 1 would be fine, just wiping it with a damp cloth is probably even fine. Its a plastic playfield ya know, you don't have to get too carried away with it. If you're absolutely hellbent on "waxing" it and keeping it even slicker and faster than normal I'd probably just use some sort of car quick detail spray on it. Much less messy and more economical than mill wax, plus probably lasts longer/protects better and doesn't contain aluminum oxide for "scrubbing" like mill wax does.

#1225 55 days ago

On my newer clear coated games like Sterns and spookys, I usually just use a ceramic turtle wax spray detail stuff like once a month (weekly I just dust them with sprayway) somebody suggested and it’s been fine. Older games with no clear coat I use some meguires gold class stuff I have that’s 100% carnauba wax. So far nothing has needed cleaned on fathom. Haven’t seen any ball trials to speak of. I did see somebody mention 100% isopropanol alcohol. I have gallons of it at work lol

#1226 52 days ago
Quoted from Newforestpinball:

Really enjoying our game.
Just a few things that were bothering me...... (nothing major).
1). Flipper alignment. Out of the box. Bit high for my likings, so we lowered them slightly. (Can see why. As it enabled you to backhand the lagoon shot). After realignment we felt it shoots more like an original fathom.
2). Titans were breaking down after around 100 plays so we replaced those.....Blue-left side, green-right side....
3). Airballs off the 1-2-3 targets landing on the plastics above the drop targets and ending up on the apron.
So we designed a protector. (Had it made in green, clear and blue). Decided to go with blue as it kinda blends.
4). The coin door. It just looked a bit diy. So we “pimped” it a bit including a nice plaque......
Comments welcome. Here’s a few pictures........ enjoy........[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I thought all the mermaid editions came with chrome coin door with painted surround. Is yours all painted?

#1227 52 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I thought all the mermaid editions came with chrome coin door with painted surround. Is yours all painted?

It’s just a stick on chrome piece. Maybe he took it off?

#1228 52 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

It’s just a stick on chrome piece. Maybe he took it off?

It’s a grey powder coated door and surround with a polished stainless plate over the door face.

#1229 51 days ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

It’s a grey powder coated door and surround with a polished stainless plate over the door face.

Yes I know. I have one. I was saying maybe he took off the polished cover.

#1230 51 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Yes I know. I have one. I was saying maybe he took off the polished cover.

I meant to quote jokerpoker. Sorry

#1231 50 days ago

Not a pin mechanic. Problems with flippers. Right upper flipper is erratic. Pawls are awful.
What is best fix for pawls and shafts? I have 3 Precision flippers. Thanks for any input.
Haven't been able to get many games on it in the 5 months I have had the game NIB.

#1232 50 days ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

Not a pin mechanic. Problems with flippers. Right upper flipper is erratic. Pawls are awful.
What is best fix for pawls and shafts? I have 3 Precision flippers. Thanks for any input.
Haven't been able to get many games on it in the 5 months I have had the game NIB.

This is why I got the keyed shafts and clamps with my Precision flippers.

#1233 50 days ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

Replacing the flipper switches with low voltage switches might help.

#1234 50 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Replacing the flipper switches with low voltage switches might help.

Not following what you are saying?

How would replacing switches help with the pawls and shafts and the slipping?

#1235 50 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not following what you are saying?
How would replacing switches help with the pawls and shafts and the slipping?

Nah. An erratic flipper was mentioned. That was an issue I had that I cured by swapping the original flipper switches with the low voltage variety. Now pawls and shafts, I just replaced them with new when I was having issues with slippage. Also, those clear bats can eventually have issues where the shaft breaks loose from the plastic bat.

#1236 50 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Also, those clear bats can eventually have issues where the shaft breaks loose from the plastic bat.

Happened to me last week.

IMG_0532 (resized).jpegIMG_0532 (resized).jpeg
#1237 50 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Hi jokerpoker
Correct they do! We didn’t much like it, so here’s what we did in pictures and added a ltd edition plaque.....
We kept the front stick on plate if it needs to go back to O.E. Status......
All the best. Keef. 996E28D6-9EE0-49B0-B597-B8E972531A8E (resized).jpeg996E28D6-9EE0-49B0-B597-B8E972531A8E (resized).jpegC758A508-C034-4743-B01E-4A5C62BAF627 (resized).jpegC758A508-C034-4743-B01E-4A5C62BAF627 (resized).jpeg0591A7AF-E0AD-4513-A60F-3A0F2B06630A (resized).jpeg0591A7AF-E0AD-4513-A60F-3A0F2B06630A (resized).jpegE13A2B78-259B-4A4A-AB9D-9680180046D5 (resized).jpegE13A2B78-259B-4A4A-AB9D-9680180046D5 (resized).jpegA1B8BF68-B4C6-4279-B2AF-B40E76078AA2 (resized).jpegA1B8BF68-B4C6-4279-B2AF-B40E76078AA2 (resized).jpeg

#1238 49 days ago

Had no idea it was a stick on plate. Thanks for the extra info Keef

#1239 48 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:Also, those clear bats can eventually have issues where the shaft breaks loose from the plastic bat.

Curious, are the flippers on this game lit from below like they are on Medusa? If not, why are there transparent flippers in the first place??

#1240 48 days ago
Quoted from Newforestpinball:

Hi jokerpoker
Correct they do! We didn’t much like it, so here’s what we did in pictures and added a ltd edition plaque.....
We kept the front stick on plate if it needs to go back to O.E. Status......
All the best. Keef. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Coin door plastics with a Bally logo on a Haggis machine???

#1241 48 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

Curious, are the flippers on this game lit from below like they are on Medusa? If not, why are there transparent flippers in the first place??

They are not lit. Who knows?

IMG_0534 (resized).jpegIMG_0534 (resized).jpeg
#1242 48 days ago

Anyone had issues with their on off rocker switch being sticky?

#1243 47 days ago

Random question, what slope do you guys have your games at, and what flipper power? Im around 6.3, and been playing with lower flippers on 28 lately.

#1244 47 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Random question, what slope do you guys have your games at, and what flipper power? Im around 6.3, and been playing with lower flippers on 28 lately.

I didn’t realize you could turn the flip power down… I’ll have to investigate

#1245 47 days ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I didn’t realize you could turn the flip power down… I’ll have to investigate

I’m at 6.5 with whatever the preset is for the flippers. They slap a little too hard imo. Need to baby the shot to get it to sit down in the right saucer.

#1246 44 days ago

I finally did the low voltage flipper button switch replacement. World of difference. played a few games today, and not a single missed flip.

#1247 43 days ago

Thought id add, last night I played a 2 player game by myself, then decided to check and see what default is for the flippers, Default is 24 for the lower 2, and 22 for top right, I think all 3 of mine were on 28. On default, the game seems a lot less chaotic lol. Seems to be more manageable to say the least, and with how smooth it is, the ball still has 0 issue ripping the spinner or taking the left orbit up around to the top right cave. I think im gonna leave it on default for awhile. lol

#1248 38 days ago

Precision flippers done with 'd' shafts. Finally can put some time on this glorious game. Thanks all for guiding me to a great resolve.

#1249 38 days ago

Just been getting caught up reading some of the recent posts. For those of you who have installed my flipper system in your game thank you. For those considering installing it will make a big difference, no more flipper breakage and better overall performance, truly a one time fix/solution.
John

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1341-precision-pinball-prod/09336-haggis-fathom-flipper-kits

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
San Rafael, CA
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,249 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.