• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AA4B5094-10FD-408B-98D4-CB800D59050B (resized).jpeg
SS Pin (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

So my daughter wanted me to move Space Shuttle into her bedroom. It was working fine before the move. I had to take the head off to get the pin through all the doorways in our home. I took loads of pictures, and put everything back exactly as before. It has balls in the trough too. I'm just not getting power to the front of the pin where the coin door is located. All lights are working, but start button does not illuminate as before, nor do the flipper buttons - as I wired those to be lit by jumping them off the coin door lights. I've re-checked and tightened connections. Can anyone give me a starting point to work from to solve? Thanks in advance.

#2 1 year ago

If the game is booting and working but you have lights out, sounds like a connector issue since all you did was move it. I'd double check everything is plugged in right and you don't have a connector off by a pin or not fully seated.

#3 1 year ago

I have lights everywhere. Backglass, and playfield. It even spells out "Space Shuttle" like it should in attract mode. Just won't start a game. I've rechecked all connectors. I'm walking away from it for a while and will take a fresh look at it in the am. : )
Murphy

#4 1 year ago

Credits on the game? Game on free play? Start button wires good and switch works?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Credits on the game? Game on free play? Start button wires good and switch works?

It was on Free Play before I moved it. No Credits are showing, but they didn't previously either. I'm thinking it's not a connector, but something simple I'm overlooking. I found this pic of the pin "before" I moved it. I was wrong in thinking the "Start" button was lit before starting a game. It is not lit. So I'll go through the manual and see if it need to reset it to "free play".

SS Pin (resized).jpegSS Pin (resized).jpeg
#6 1 year ago

Throw some credit on and see if it starts.

#7 1 year ago

Yes, what is your battery situation, type, location etc.
Moving it may have jogged it and lost memory.

#8 1 year ago

You did put the balls back in right?

#9 1 year ago

Did you forget to attach a ground wire to the ground braid in the cab head?

#10 1 year ago

Go into switch test and see if all three balls are registering. If not, game will not start. Set function 18 max credits to 0 for free play.

AA4B5094-10FD-408B-98D4-CB800D59050B (resized).jpegAA4B5094-10FD-408B-98D4-CB800D59050B (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/had-to-move-space-shuttle-now-it-won-t-boot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.