Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

smiley-laughing.gif
LOL.gif
B_R_slinger.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 12 years ago

I compromise on my games: standard (medium) difficulty, with a fixed EB at 25M (works for LOTR, CV, WPT). FOr LW:JP, the EB is at 10M and game is set to Easy. (And it's still as hard as any other game in the line-up!) What is really brutal is Mars Trek on 3-ball play. I caved and set it to 5.

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Vyzer2 said:Well 5 balls ain't helping...I suck....going over now to the "players tips"
I recommend getting the Pinball 101 DVD. That will show you some basic technique to help you start scoring better. The key is to be calm and learn how to control/trap the ball with the flippers.

Actually, at least as important as 'control' is aiming. Perhaps more important. If you can aim and hit things on the fly as well as when trapped, you'll do a lot better than if you can trap/stop every ball but your aim is off!

As for 3-ball v 5-ball over the years, I don't see the logic in setting modern (SS/DMD) games to 5 ball just because EMs used to be that way. Modern games were designed for 3-ball play. But it is all good, however you want to play! I wouldn't set my modern games to 5-ball: games would last forever when people came by to play, even if I'd get further into them myself.

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

tomdotcom said:Sorry BR couldn't resist taking a dig hahahahahaha
Oh dear, Tom, don't wake the beast!
Vyzer2 said:Wouldn't do that with my lotr,
I DID do it on LOTR. I have said it here many times but, I never understood how peeps get such long ball times on that game. It was a drainer for me. Loved it, though...

If it's set up well, LOTR is a very controlled game. Orbits should come around to the flippers, not hit the slings. I have a deflector on the POTD--no random bounces, ball feeds the left inlane. Both side ramps feed the flippers, center ramp feeds a flipper or orbit. There aren't any major drain shots (even short center ramp shots should drop to the side), so long ball times are very possible. Not every ball, heck, not every game, but some balls/games seem to go on forever. My best was around 300M on factory difficulty, 3-ball with EB at 25M, and it was close to an hour long. I'm sure many here have done even better!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/had-to-go-to-5-ball?tu=stevenp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.