4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150417_164607.jpg
    20150410_220454.jpg
    20150410_211652.jpg
    20150410_211640.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Went to my brother's house last night for some pizza, beer, and pinball. Was looking forward to playing his "Card Trix" which he had just recently set up. The game was playing great. I was getting close to "flipping it" and was pressing to get it over 100K, and when the last ball drained, I looked up to see if I had made it. Was surprised to see all zeros staring back at me! Exactly 100,000 points! I've never done that before! Also played "Cross Town", and beat all three replay score levels, hit the center target for a special, completed the 1-4 top rollovers and rolled over the upper left lane for a special, then as the last ball drained, got a "match" to complete the superfecta! Then played his "Bank a Ball". Got all the pool balls made on the second ball, except the eight ball. Drilled the center target for the eight ball on ball three, lighting both specials. Beat all the score levels, but didn't make a special in the side lanes all game.
    My brother was playing his "Flipper Cowboy" and made all the numbers except for the "one" in reverse sequential order! Never seen that done either! As Harry said, "the ball is wild!"

#3 4 years ago

Great stuff! Good to read, thanks for posting.

#4 4 years ago

Thinking the same thing, Huh.

#5 4 years ago

Those superfectas are rare!

#6 4 years ago

Always fun to get friends/family together for a night of classic pinball.

Ken

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Those superfectas are rare!

I recently did it on my "Bowling Queen". Won replays for score, racking balls, rolling over lighted special lane, and capped it off with a match. Also recently got all four outlanes for only the second time ever. Still have never racked all twelve balls though.
    I wonder how many "quadruple matches" have ever happened. Gotta be super rare for sure. I remember once getting a triple match on "Target Alpha" playing three players. What are the odds?

#8 4 years ago

I forgot that I took a photo after the 100,000 game on "Card "Trix".
    Notice "game over" is lit.

20150410_211640.jpg

The playfield is very nice on the game as well. Needs a backglass though.

20150410_211652.jpg

Two more classic wedgeheads.
    20150410_220454.jpg

#9 4 years ago

Sounds. Like a. Good time

#10 4 years ago

Hard to beat a Friday night of pizza, beer, EM's and good company. Thanks for sharing!

#11 4 years ago

I have days like that where I light up everything then I have those days where I get nothing but house balls and low scores.

#12 4 years ago

A great story jr-sounds you are tournament bound with those credentials!!

#13 4 years ago

A night with pinball, beer and great people is definitely a lot of fun! Always love wild, good chances with it comes to pinball games.

#14 4 years ago

It's funny finishing on all zeros. A neighbour of mine came into my games room and commented on a low score showing on an EM as we started it up - I now always look and think about ending the game if it's just under 100k as the 100k lamp isn't retained on the next power up - Sure Shot and Jungle Princess are the games.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I recently did it on my "Bowling Queen". Won replays for score, racking balls, rolling over lighted special lane, and capped it off with a match. Also recently got all four outlanes for only the second time ever. Still have never racked all twelve balls though.
    I wonder how many "quadruple matches" have ever happened. Gotta be super rare for sure. I remember once getting a triple match on "Target Alpha" playing three players. What are the odds?

Coincidentally I had my first 3 match winner last week, playing 4 on Surf Champ. The knocker at the end worked great, bam bam bam. Two of the players also earned score replays (1st set at 86K), and one player earned an extra ball special. I just missed out on the replay 'when lit' special, otherwise I would have considered that game BEAT...but no..must try again. That's one of the reasons I would generally pick a 4 player over a 2 player, ie Surfer/Surf Champ. More can compete! (I always pick player 4 as myself so I can have an epic last second..come from behind win, and whoop those trash talkers)

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Coincidentally I had my first 3 match winner last week, playing 4 on Surf Champ. The knocker at the end worked great, bam bam bam. Two of the players also earned score replays (1st set at 86K), and one player earned an extra ball special. I just missed out on the replay 'when lit' special, otherwise I would have considered that game BEAT...but no..must try again. That's one of the reasons I would generally pick a 4 player over a 2 player, ie Surfer/Surf Champ. More can compete! (I always pick player 4 as myself so I can have an epic last second..come from behind win, and whoop those trash talkers)

You should wear red shirts that say "Thing one" "Thing two" etc. How do you keep track of who is up next?

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

I had my first 3 match winner last week, playing 4 on Surf Champ

Had this happen once when we were kids in the arcade. 3 matches are rare.

#18 4 years ago

You were the "pinball wizard" that night! Nicely done!

On that Card Trix, I would just misty that shirt with red spray, seal it and call it good! It's not terrible!

#19 4 years ago

That happens to me all the time. The game I play is broken and scores don't register. So I look up at the end and every game shows "game over" with the score with all zeros.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I think the only reasonable explanation for your highly unusual performances on Gottlieb games is that you look remarkably like Wayne Neyens.

#21 4 years ago

You think so?

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

You were the "pinball wizard" that night! Nicely done!
    On that Card Trix, I would just misty that shirt with red spray, seal it and call it good! It's not terrible!

Usually on "CT"/"FAC", the girl's red sweater is badly flaked. This one is pretty much the whole girl.
    It doesn't look as bad in the photo. Other than that, the glass isn't too bad.

#23 4 years ago

Nice job jr - those nights do happen to us occasionally don't they? And, when they do, enjoy them!

#24 4 years ago

**** Nobody SOBER plays that GOOD ! ********
    It must have been the Yuengling's beer ......
    John

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from JKnPA:

**** Nobody SOBER plays that GOOD ! ********
    It must have been the Yuengling's beer ......
    John

Yup. 24 ounce Bomber cans!

20150417_164607.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 18.95
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 64.99
    $ 50.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside