(Topic ID: 264297)

Had a party / gathering scheduled. Should I cancel?

By Fordiesel69

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by sulli10
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Don't cancel... postpone. Until life is back to normal. And make it a huge party then... People will be 10x more willing to celebrate and eager to come. And they will understand. Now or later.
    (coming from someone now in near seclusion mode)

We are coming right behind you in NYC dude. We'll be on lockdown soon.

#52 4 years ago

I've cancelled a pinball party I had planned for this week

#53 4 years ago

I guess people don’t understand what isolate yourself as much as humanly possible means..........not throwing a party would be a logical start.

#54 4 years ago

We cancelled our pinball get together.

Lets get all the bullshit done and dusted so we can all go back to life as we know it.

I am not convinced the media has informed us properly. China is business as usual and will profit from the rest of the worlds miss management of the situation.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am not convinced the media has informed us properly. China is business as usual and will profit from the rest of the worlds miss management of the situation.

Please turn off Fox. It's bad for you, your family, your community, and your country.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are coming right behind you in NYC dude. We'll be on lockdown soon.

Florida is absolutely pathetic in its handling of this, the state with the oldest population, I guess I’m not really surprised because well it’s Florida.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please turn off Fox. It's bad for you, your family, your community, and your country.

I agree! We do not watch the news, too much negativity.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Nothing is wrong with me. As previously stated, at the time of my post there is / was NO REPORTED CASES in my area, and that I remained at a 50:50 neutral ground. There is never anything wrong with someone asking a question, gathering opinions, and more importantly letting the facts roll in. If there was reported cases, the decision would never have been posted, it would have been canceled without hesitation.
    You report your location as being in the netherlands, so you may have different info than I. For 10+ years in my area, you need to understand the media adds huge mountains of drama over simple things. We are accustomed to massive overreactions on a daily basis. Im not downplaying this at all, it sounds very severe in the areas that are impacted. I guess we are very fortunate it has not gotten to our area (yet).
    Rest easy, the event is canceled. However please clean up your forum etiquette.

I replied on my forum etiquette via PM.

What I have to say is this: yes, I live in NL, and in NL we are abstemious (had to google that) about most things. This virus however is a nasty one (trust me, I work in health care) and will create massive casualties if it is not contained in the proper way. You state that in your area you don't have much spread of the virus. YOU WILL!! Trust me. And having gatherings like the ones you suggested ain't gonna help you avoid this bugger.

In NL we are in partial lockdown and this is going to affect us all, globally. Healthwise, jobwise, money wise.

So maybe my comment was a bit strong but hey, it got us thinking I guess.

Your cancellation will not affect my rest in any way.

For all you people: stay healthy!

#59 4 years ago

I would look at it this way. Understand that there are no hits yet in your area. But, say two weeks down the road someone who was at the party gets sick, or worse, transfers the virus to an elderly loved one. They trace the infection back to your party. How will you feel? I also feel for the people who unfortunately are finding out they have Corona and then are having to call around and tell people/places they visited for the last week to 14 days. Spare your self that situation.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/had-a-party-gathering-scheduled-should-i-cancel/page/2?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.