(Topic ID: 5988)

Had a hell of a time in NYC!

By wendell

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I love to play pinball but have never interacted with the "pinball community" till this weekend. Was in midtown all weekend. Stopped by Reciprical Skateboards and played some Creature and Blackwater 200. Greg there was kind enough to walk me through Creature and get me headed in the right direction. Took me a couple dollars just to get into the multiball but had a bunch of fun doing it. From there I met up with the rest of my crew and we headed to Hi Fi for some CSI. Don't know what that game's all about but the happy hour beer was two for one.

As the sun set we headed to Vazac's Horse Shoe Bar for some Spiderman and POTC. Met John the owner of Reciprical and two other guys decked out in PAPA tourny shirts (pretty intimidating). Managed to lite up SM pretty good and had a ton of laughs with those guys. Good times!

#2 12 years ago

I'm always checking out Reciprical on his photo blog. What a cool place.

#3 12 years ago

Reciprical is where the cast of Doctor Who was hanging out, right? Seems like a really cool shop!

#4 12 years ago

Don't know about the Dr. Who business but it IS a very cool shop. Lots art decks displayed and for sale. Line up when I was there was : Tron (lame), CFTBL (rad), Rocky And Bullwinkle (good looking machine but I didn't play it) and Blackwater 200 (rad). Jon said he ussually has a ST:NG in there but swapped in the rocky to shop the ST:NG.

Next time I'm in town I'll head over to Brooklyn (east coast mecca of pinball).

#5 12 years ago

yeah check it out
    https://picasaweb.google.com/100373554334676356825

he even had Steve Ritchie and Gary Stern both in the flesh come and visit for a spell. It's a really cool looking place and the owner has a huge passion for pins.

#6 12 years ago

I can also vouch for the badassness of this shop. Last summer when I was in NY visiting I searched in google maps for pins and his shop was 3 blocks away. Totally cool guy and encourages people to just hang out and play games with him when he's not busy fixing or selling boards. The little bit I got to spend in there over a few days though, it didn't seem like he gets much time to play games... Sadly the Black Rose he had in there wasn't up to par, but the DW, Creature, and the other game that was there played like a dream. His shop is highly recommended for anyone that is looking to kill some time in Manhattan.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from wendell:

Stopped by Reciprical Skateboards and played some Creature and Blackwater 200

that's sooo rad man. i'm glad to see other skate shops have some pins. in jackson hole wy i have my dirty harry and tron pro on location at 'the boardroom of jackson hole'. its super rad to see the kids come inside from skating the ramp in the parking lot and getting into it. it's like i always say, pin is about the game and enjoyment....not about the $ (but it helps with parts ).

good thread wendell, it's always interesting to hear about strange and different pinball locations!!!

#8 12 years ago

The Rocky and Bullwinkle was mine that I sold to John.

#9 12 years ago

This place does seem pretty rad. Perfect atmosphere and mix of players. One of my best friends owns a local skate shop here, maybe I'll try to slide something in....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/had-a-hell-of-a-time-in-nyc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.