(Topic ID: 198898)

Hacktastic!

By DumbOldGuy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170813_120304 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Bally Lost World where someone did some - um - modifications:

The game itself works fine. For now. But I have 2 questions:

1) What did he do and why did he do it?

2) Does it make any sense to rip it all out and take it back to stock?

20170813_120304 (resized).jpg20170813_120304 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

one of the bridges on the rectifier board went out so they added another one. Not sure why they moved the fuse.

I'd clean that up

#3 6 years ago

If the game works fine, I'd leave it. Whenever it stops working fine, I'd rip it all out and return it to stock.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

If the game works fine, I'd leave it. Whenever it stops working fine, I'd rip it all out and return it to stock.

It's better to repair a hack job properly concerning these rectifier boards and put it back to stock so you or the next person can repair it if/when there is a problem.

#5 6 years ago

Looks like a fire hazard... The board is probably repairable but it might be worth just buying a new one

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Looks like a fire hazard... The board is probably repairable but it might be worth just buying a new one

Yeah, a new one is pretty cheap

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1055-nvramweeblycom/01123--new-bally-stern-rectifier-board-as-2518-18-ta-100

#7 6 years ago

My wife would kill me if I took a chance with that. If you care about your house fix that before a fire happens.
    -Mike

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's better to repair a hack job properly concerning these rectifier boards and put it back to stock so you or the next person can repair it if/when there is a problem.

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

My wife would kill me if I took a chance with that. If you care about your house fix that before a fire happens.
    -Mike

Quoted from zacaj:

OK fine, I ordered a new one but all you guys had better be available when I get it installed and the machine isn't working.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hacktastic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.