IMG_1540 (resized).jpg
IMG_1539 (resized).jpg
IMG_1538 (resized).jpg
IMG_1539 (resized).jpg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpg
IMG_1538 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Yes its a wierd one.
I have a lady death convertion kit. Bally copy. I has installed a simple little soundboard and a speaker, makes bip bip sounds.
Game has been storages for many years all rubber is gone and pf is so dirty, but i really nice condition. Would love to restore it. Only 200built.

While playing soundboard start to smoke and the sound disappeared. Now i need a new soundboard, but have no idea what to go after.

Im thinking its got many wires, maby it gives 3 or 4 different inputs, it would be great to find something that could do the job. Im junt not shure where to look. Any ideas??

IMG_1538 (resized).jpgIMG_1538 (resized).jpg

IMG_1539 (resized).jpgIMG_1539 (resized).jpg

IMG_1540 (resized).jpgIMG_1540 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

A good starting point would be to post a photo of the board you currently have.

As long as it isn't burnt to a crisp, it can probably be repaired.

It doesn't look like the sound ROM is available on IPDB, so you will likely have to use the ROM you currently have.

[edit]: So, it looks like this conversion kit did not originally come with a sound board, so if you modified this on your own and tried to feed the solenoid outputs for the chimes into a sound board, then that would probably be the reason why it fried. You will need to drastically reduce the voltage to something a sound board's inputs can handle.

#3 6 years ago

Allright will post a pic. Both my freedom ss and this pin has a hack soundboard installed instead of chimes maby back in the 80s

IMG_1538 (resized).jpgIMG_1538 (resized).jpg

IMG_1540 (resized).jpgIMG_1540 (resized).jpg

IMG_1539 (resized).jpgIMG_1539 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

That big white thing im pointing at was really hot when i smelld burn.

I just measured the burnt diode, continuity both ways. If i change the diode, it wont help anything. Ow right? I has given the power wrong way, problem is elsewhere right?

Where do i get a board like this?

IMG_1647 (resized).JPGIMG_1647 (resized).JPG

IMG_1648 (resized).JPGIMG_1648 (resized).JPG

IMG_1649 (resized).JPGIMG_1649 (resized).JPG

IMG_1650 (resized).JPGIMG_1650 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Where do i get a board like this?

I doubt that you can. It's not a standard pinball board.

You will probably have to repair it.

However, it doesn't look too complicated, which is a plus.

Quoted from DEN:If i change the diode, it wont help anything. Ow right? I has given the power wrong way, problem is elsewhere right?

Not necessarily. Diodes can fail. Replace it, and if it doesn't resolve the issue, you'll have to trace the path for where the current may have traveled and affected other components.

#6 6 years ago

No its a wierd hackboard.
Really replacing the diode could help?
Okey will try. Update in an hour.
Maby i should take the shounchip from one of my sons toys and try,if i knew how many volts and what those different wires did?

Maby its ground and 12v but then there are 5 more cabels

#7 6 years ago

Have you done any circuit board repair work before?

Each component and each chip have specific specifications. You can't just replace them willy-nilly with other random parts.

Even without schematics, you can still trace back all the wires to where they connect and get an idea of what they are for.

It might be better if you found someone in your area who has some experience with repairs, especially since this may basically be a one-of-a-kind board. It's not something you would want to mess up without some practical experience first.

#8 6 years ago

Its burned allright

Could it be 12v. Ground. Speaker cabels 2. And 3 cabels for different chimes input? Could it be this simple?
Did it have 3 diffent chimes sound or only one? Hmmmm hackjobs are not my favorite, but will replace the diode now and be back with an update.

IMG_1652 (resized).JPGIMG_1652 (resized).JPG

IMG_1655 (resized).JPGIMG_1655 (resized).JPG

IMG_1654 (resized).JPGIMG_1654 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago

Closeups

IMG_1656 (resized).JPGIMG_1656 (resized).JPG

IMG_1657 (resized).JPGIMG_1657 (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago

This white thing is burned

IMG_1658 (resized).JPGIMG_1658 (resized).JPG

#11 6 years ago

Uptate.

Heeey cool. Ot works. A diode change only.
Its got different shound, so it had more then one chime back then.

If they could do this back in the day, im wondering how cool sounds i could get today, will look for a soundboard.

Thanks for the help friend

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hack-mata-hari-corvertionkit-to-lady-death-soundboard-install and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.