Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dee slow (resized).JPG
    JL.gif
    Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 12.31.03 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 12.30.51 PM (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

I’m interested In GWJ Sobey’s purchases and beer counts, so I am starting this thread. There might be white wood updates, or not, or IT DIES!

#2 1 year ago

Will there be beer counts here as well?

#4 1 year ago

It’s unfortunate so many bitter old losers are so uptight on pinside, fukc em John!

All beer counts and discounted food purchases are welcome here!

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from bcrice2446:

It’s unfortunate so many bitter old losers are so uptight on pinside, fukc em John!
    All beer counts and discounted food purchases are welcome here!

Agree, those other threads are toxic.

#6 1 year ago

I'm in!

#7 1 year ago

https://www.sobeys.com/en/bulk-gift-card-discount-program/

Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 12.30.51 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-26 at 12.30.51 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-26 at 12.31.03 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-26 at 12.31.03 PM (resized).png
    #8 1 year ago

I don't think that's going to benefit John. Can't see him buying 5 grand worth of pepperoni.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

1 whale would suffice

Lol!!!

#11 1 year ago

I didn’t give a single shit if that white wood was ever finished, those morons missed the entire beauty of the thread.

I guess that makes sense for this world though, most morons will stomp out beauty and have nothing to show for it.

Live your life Big John, I hope to buy you a beer some day, and not hang it over your head.

#12 1 year ago

The Sobeys adventures are over for pictures. Part of the whale plan.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The Sobeys adventures are over for pictures. Part of the whale plan.

There is another breadcrumb....

#14 1 year ago

It was a huge troll idea I had from the start. Got shut down, before people could respond. People think what they want. It worked & very few were mentioning it over the last 6 months.

#15 1 year ago

It was a huge troll idea I had from the start. Got shut down, before people could respond. People think what they want. It worked & very few were mentioning it over the last 6 months.

So for $6k the coach gets assemblies mounted onto a piece of plywood and some wiring on the back, wow! Now was Jon Norris in on this epic troll of yours or did you just use him too?

#16 1 year ago

How many years have you been trolling?

#18 1 year ago

Ok, I'll say something, but I don't know why someone felt they needed to start this on his behalf. The last one was getting really tired and sad. Honestly, overall, all three threads were just got to damn pathetic.

Edit: Pathitic from the the subject and the peanut gallery all around.

#19 1 year ago

What was?

#20 1 year ago

Seems he's implying he was just out to take 6K and dick around like he was actually building a game. If that's true then he deserves to be blacklisted by the community and banned from pinside. Where exactly did all of the 6K go? Beer and nickel bets?

#21 1 year ago

JL.gifJL.gif
    #22 1 year ago

Here's a quote from the other thread. John and Iceman are class acts. Or not.

Got away with the biggest troll idea in some time. Thanks to the coach. Contrary to what people think not a dumbass or a alcoholic. But people thinking it helped out alot.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Ok, I'll say something, but I don't know why someone felt they needed to start this on his behalf. The last one was getting really tired and sad. Honestly, overall, all three threads were just got to damn pathetic.
    Edit: Pathitic from the the subject and the peanut gallery all around.

Wow, I couldn't stay away and now this thread has purpose. Real stuff is coming out now.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I didn't see that. I guess ice never sent anywhere close to 6K and he and John are laughing it up like a couple of middle school kids. They think they really trolled pinside good with this. It really doesn't affect me in any way so I guess they failed. Ban hammer for both of them is deserved mods

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I didn't see that. I guess ice never sent anywhere close to 6K and he and John are laughing it up like a couple of middle school kids. They think they really trolled pinside good with this. It really doesn't affect me in any way so I guess they failed. Ban hammer for both of them is deserved mods

A lot of good people came forward in those threads with donation offers of money, free game parts and helpful advice. It was all a joke to them.

#26 1 year ago

Too late to play it off as a troll. John drank too much and got nothing done, plug essentially pulled on project because iceman- while totally chill during most days- is a bonified Jekyll / Hyde drunk and should probably either quit or hide his phone before going off the deepend as he has now many times here. Whatever happens in next 3 months, I expect not too much beyond where it sits today and then parts sold off.

OP it would have been all fun and games like you wanted if gjw refrained from idiotic timelines with no progress and was just doing a fun build. It would have been a very different thread and journey. But he wanted to keep drama high, so here we are… with another thread started on behalf of someone and they don’t want to participate soooo.. ibtl I guess

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

A lot of good people came forward in those threads with donation offers of money, free game parts and helpful advice. It was all a joke to them.

How pathetic. All they have done is create negatively and drama and the community to be less willing to help others in the future.

#28 1 year ago

REALLY glad I did not offer up my spare set of FAST boards for this mess when he needed them. What a sad pair of humans. When did the troll plan start...before or after you tried to con $100,000 from Pinsiders? Robin is really letting this place go to shit lately....but I guess all clicks generate money for him, quality be damned.

#29 1 year ago

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I have a feeling GWJ was put up to or thinks this angle is his saving face.

I just cannot believe anyone is buying it.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

This I can agree with. If they are both going to claim this is the biggest troll Pinside has ever seen, then yes, ban hammer for both of them.
    I honestly don't see it as being legitimate because the the accusations of it being a major troll operation was if there was a secret 2nd machine being produced in the background. There is no 2nd machine. So I guess I would have to say the actual trolling is claiming the whole thing was a major troll.

Did that come out right?

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I missed the last month or so of that entire thread. Did GWJ say he was trolling the entire time?

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I missed the last month or so of that entire thread. Did GWJ say he was trolling the entire time?

To be fair, which I almost don’t want to be, GWJ was not really clear just what his troll was… whether it was the beer/meat updates or whatever.

#34 1 year ago

So when a thread gets locked, you can just open a new one with slightly different title? This is what, the fourth thread now? Why is anyone still giving GWJ any air time? Lock it up! And please God no one start a new one.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

So when a thread gets locked, you can just open a new one with slightly different title? This is what, the fourth thread now? Why is anyone still giving GWJ any air time? Lock it up! And please God no one start a new one.

Very serious question. Why is it because, you, or anyone else, that doesn't like the thread, demand it be locked up? Just drain it and be done. Let us crazy people enjoy it if we want to.....or not.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes he did and that should be looked into. It wasn't in the GWJ thread. It was last night in the Avi/community build thread.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, it would seem most everything was a lie and for 6 months or more. Neither one of them said anything until the last page when they started bragging and acting arrogant about it.

Here's another quote that explains it was all a hoax.

I could care less about the constant attention. Just had fun driving you guys completely insane since the start. The Sobeys food discounts, cooking & drinking at the shop, bars, fights, the cast of different people. But the best was the arrival of Avi. Yes he is young, & he has hidden talents. Continue on with the community build. Thanks to the coach for the financial support, & people will see the real Trailer Trash whitewood at TPF. Ben Heck, & all the stars here were great players in the adventure.
    Got say the whale hunt for $100k & then mini whales $10k, & a pod of 1 - 10 in a 6 month build was the best.

#38 1 year ago

These are lies drunkenly concocted to try and save face not that there is any left. That last shipment of missing PROC boards cost $100 to ship. That stupid old stock 5 drop assembly from Marco was $200 that was solo shipped. Several ships from Pinball Life. It’s already been said there is like $2-3 grand in product plus shipping.

It’s all documented. Go back and look at how much time and money was spent at bars before this build got financed. John has been on a low grade bender with Ice cash and they both know it.

John your behavior is disgusting. I am embarrassed at myself for ever sticking up for you. And in the beginning I did. You have no shame. None at all. That’s why you can post such bizarre details of your life nobody in their right mind would ever do.

I’m closing I am going to tell you something. Your an alcoholic. So am I. So trust me I know. That embarrassing outburst at Pinside you even apologized for after (because it was so bad) was because your an alcoholic. And I’m not even saying you gotta quit like most others here. Nope. Just recognize it and then perhaps you can manage it. And become the better person you sometimes are.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Neither one of them said anything until the last page when they started bragging and acting arrogant about it.

Your getting trolled now. That much is certain. I can’t believe this even has to be pointed out.

No wonder the Jpops, Muellers, and now Greatwichs do so well here…

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

These are lies drunkenly concocted to try and save face not that there is any left. That last shipment of missing PROC boards cost $100 to ship. That stupid old stock 5 drop assembly from Marco was $200 that was solo shipped. Several ships from Pinball Life. It’s already been said there is like $2-3 grand in product plus shipping.
    It’s all documented.

Agree. He's only coming out and saying this to save face. Avi said in one of his last posts that John and Coach were all tied up and not sure what to do now. So - this is bullshit.

What is even sadder, is that John repeats the same message 3 times now with virtually the same words. Sad to see the damage alcohol can do.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Your getting trolled now. That much is certain. I can’t believe this even has to be pointed out.
    No wonder the Jpops, Muellers, and now Greatwichs do so well here…

I agree, I took the troll bait. - Mbecker pointed it also.

Quoted from Mbecker:

Too late to play it off as a troll.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Yes, it would seem most everything was a lie and for 6 months or more. Neither one of them said anything until the last page when they started bragging and acting arrogant about it.

Wow! So ice did send some financial support by the sounds of it. I guess he wasn’t in on the troll or if he was he just sent some beer money. What a truly odd story that entire thing ended up being…

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! So ice did send some financial support by the sounds of it. I guess he wasn’t in on the troll or if he was he just sent some beer money. What a truly odd story that entire thing ended up being…

Many of us knew from day one this was going to be a crash and burn. What no one could have expected was how it all went down and now the absolutely pathetic claim of it was a complete troll.

Let's also be fair, after skimming back through things, only one party of the two is claiming it was a major troll job, but the other party is upvoting the snow job.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Oh yeah, there are people who bought it. And yes, it looks like that other party is in on the ruse with the upvote.

dee slow (resized).JPGdee slow (resized).JPG
    #45 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

As Lorddrek has pointed out, the real troll began at the end and carried over into this thread. Its a smoke screen to cover a laundry list of failed deadlines, shoddy work and inebriated behaviour.

I'll be at the Texas Pinball Festival for the embarrassing machine reveal. Or not.

Quoted from vdojaq:

Let's also be fair, after skimming back through things, only one party of the two is claiming it was a major troll job.

As as far as I'm concerned, GWJ is mostly a pawn in this game. It's hard for me to believe he could conceive of such a scam on his own.

#46 1 year ago

Trolling or not, GWJ burned every bit of goodwill with the homebrew people I know. Good luck ever earning any respect or help there.

Everyone who was so hot to send parts/money to this situation, please take that same enthusiasm and donate 3d printers or other things to local schools and shop classes. Get involved with supporting your local FIRST robotics team. Enrich your local community and help people who deserve the chance.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

REALLY glad I did not offer up my spare set of FAST boards for this mess when he needed them. What a sad pair of humans. When did the troll plan start...before or after you tried to con $100,000 from Pinsiders? Robin is really letting this place go to shit lately....but I guess all clicks generate money for him, quality be damned.

Maybe you and Beechwood could work something out for that spare set of boards? Mr. Norris has given his OK for him to build the pinball as designed.

#48 1 year ago

C'mon guys, do you really think John is smart enough to pull off 'an epic troll'? And that Ice would just send him thousands of $$'s to keep it going? No. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the truth.

Ice felt some sympathy for John and decided to fund his dream of building a pinball machine. Why John had this dream and what his real intentions are may never be known. But what we witnessed over the past several months was John's best attempt to make that dream come true. In light of the abject failure, John tries to save face by saying 'haha - it was just a joke'.

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

#49 1 year ago

Lots of conjecture about just what the ‘troll’ was here… and lots of hurt feelings… in my opinion you all lost sight of what this little virtual playground of words actually is, and that’s on you.

Either you want to be able to discuss and bicker and joke like adults do/should… or you want to have the mods step in and run your conversations for you, canceling/blocking/closing threads… which is it?

#50 1 year ago

Come on guys 6 months of my life wasted on good entertainment value here. Some people over this period of time suggested this was a troll but you guys cannot help yourself. When Ice became the only sponsor even better entertainment value for you guys. Never scammed anyone out of any money, contrary to the crusade of Ben Heck to save Pinside & the world from some old broke, bankrupt pensioner. The beer counts, & people calling me a alcoholic was classic. The constant barrage of insults & all the other good digs by certain people were historic. The crew here added flavor & you guys bent over backwards the last few days for Avi the apprentice.
    This was planned out since the Pintastic Show, & serious waste of my time over the last 6 months. But I am retired & it seems like a number of people cannot stop viewing a train wreck. The panel board, the oversize whitewood on plastic sawhorses, dragging out orders over time, & doing nothing. But most of you guys still never figured it out. Jon Norris is a great guy, & maybe you guys finally respect the veterans of the industry. The 3 Spinner original versions & my interpretation are great ideas. What I do over the next 2 months will be at TPF to play, could be real Trailer Trash or a great game. The coach will decide at the show, give away at a charity auction, strip it for parts, or continue on the adventure. We will be talking on the phone later today to see if he wants the 2 month build public, or wait for a reveal at TPF. The reveal in the driveway at my brothers house in Austin was epic. Same with the coach offering up a party with free drinks to his fanboys. Dee-Bow was a good instigator, thanks!

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gwj-sobeys-adventures and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.