Vette (resized).jpg
6C60223E-C9BA-4C27-9FAA-C9E7712278B2 (resized).jpeg
20230224_163605 (resized).jpg
4F213DEB-AD22-4DC2-99A9-E99886F2227D (resized).jpeg
457B841E-BFE7-4F05-BD68-182D121955DE (resized).jpeg
4AB6BF31-8DCA-4C99-89D4-00467843CEDD (resized).jpeg
2023-nissan-z-in-yellow-m (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

i know you rich bums all drive sports cars! which would you rather? (tall guys only!)

#2 1 year ago

I am only 5'8" but I had a early 2000's 911 Turbo and now have a C8 corvette. I actually enjoy driving the Corvette better. it is a great fun car but I did find it easier to get in and out of the 911. I would say drive them both and see which one you like. You didn't say which Porsche you wanted, I assumed the 911?

#3 1 year ago

I'm 6'4", needed the leg room, so I just went with a limo and driver.

#4 1 year ago

6'4".

Subaru Forrester is best vehicle for tall folks.

#5 1 year ago
2023-nissan-z-in-yellow-m (resized).jpg2023-nissan-z-in-yellow-m (resized).jpg
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

6'4".

Subaru Forester is a practical vehicle, he is looking for advice on an impractical vehicle.
I worked on cars for 18 years and will say that Porsche was one of the auto makers that I truly enjoyed working on. I love them, they are really put together very well.
Corvette you need to go back to the late 50s to find one that I would be interested in. But to each their own, buy what you like.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

6'4".

You sound like Brad from Daddy’s Home.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

i know you rich bums all drive sports cars! which would you rather? (tall guys only!)

Height and weight are a big plus here, as well as build. Lots of different options out there. But keep in mind, the AARP sports car of choice is the corvette.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

[quoted image]

We have a 300zx, that new Z is a whole new level of disappointing.. we wanted to love it, but can't.

#10 1 year ago

6’1 and I have to move the seat up in my R8. Porsche feels tight.

#11 1 year ago

6’3”. Dodge viper here. Had to lower the seat 1” to wear a helmet on the track, but for street driving it’s perfect as is. Great car, perhaps a little less comfortable than the others but still civil, however bullet proof and awesome on the track

4AB6BF31-8DCA-4C99-89D4-00467843CEDD (resized).jpeg4AB6BF31-8DCA-4C99-89D4-00467843CEDD (resized).jpeg
#12 1 year ago

corvette. 6'1" 240 lb

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Envy-Me:

6’3”. Dodge viper here. Had to lower the seat 1” to wear a helmet on the track, but for street driving it’s perfect as is. Great car, perhaps a little less comfortable than the others but still civil, however bullet proof and awesome on the track
[quoted image]

looks like a gen II rt/10. I have a 2006 SRT Viper Coupe and a Ferrari 458 spider. I'm only 5'11" so either fits me fine lol. I like the Viper a lot it definitely is lot more to handle the Ferrari.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

looks like a gen II rt/10. I have a 2006 SRT Viper Coupe and a Ferrari 458 spider. I'm only 5'11" so either fits me fine lol. I like the Viper a lot it definitely is lot more to handle the Ferrari.

Yes, it is 2000 Viper RT/10. It’s been a fantastic car. Very low cost of ownership, simple to maintain, plenty of fun to drive.

Corvette is an excellent choice too - easy to get in and out of, cheap to run. The new C8 might be a little cozy for long trips if you’re taller, but it’s really great.

The Porsche will be the most practical of the bunch. Roomy, large cabin with no engine or tranny to block feet or floor pan. does everything well. Well thought out and great build quality.

Ferrari is probably in a league of its own! Someday….

#15 1 year ago

First thing I’d be sure of is do you really want a sports car? If so, there’s not many choices. Vipers are probably best for tall people. at 6’4 250 I have no space problems. the adjustable leg length clutch/brake pedal are gold. I’ve had issues with knee clearance between steering wheel and door on porsches. Corvettes are small all around inside. R8s are ok, but definitely feel more like a sedan driving than a sports car.

Most sports cars are used these days. Corvette no longer makes one with the newer mid engine. porsche makes them but only in lower level models. Vipers are all used at this point. Ferrari and Lamb’s etc are really poser cars these days. very very few people ever drive them as sports cars anymore. Not even sure they make a new one these days. I find the GT to be super cramped. I think A Martin still makes a sports car, but I haven’t driven one newer then 2005ish. They have a little room, but in general not a ton of power.

If you decide you don’t want a sports car, automatic trans cars come into play and it opens up options a bit.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Cruster:

First thing I’d be sure of is do you really want a sports car? If so, there’s not many choices. Vipers are probably best for tall people. at 6’4 250 I have no space problems. the adjustable leg length clutch/brake pedal are gold. I’ve had issues with knee clearance between steering wheel and door on porsches. Corvettes are small all around inside. R8s are ok, but definitely feel more like a sedan driving than a sports car.
Most sports cars are used these days. Corvette no longer makes one with the newer mid engine. porsche makes them but only in lower level models. Vipers are all used at this point. Ferrari and Lamb’s etc are really poser cars these days. very very few people ever drive them as sports cars anymore. Not even sure they make a new one these days. I find the GT to be super cramped. I think A Martin still makes a sports car, but I haven’t driven one newer then 2005ish. They have a little room, but in general not a ton of power.
If you decide you don’t want a sports car, automatic trans cars come into play and it opens up options a bit.

Ferraris are poser cars? If they arent driven as sports cars, what are they driven as schoolbuses? Lol then show your ignorance by saying you don't know if they make them anymore.

Also FYI very hard to find manual trans anymore, corvette/lambo/Ferrari hasn't made them in years only auto.. which is a shame. Maybe post on a topic you have some knowledge in...

#17 1 year ago

I own a 1984 911 and fit reasonably well with the seat all the way back. I’m almost 6’5”.

If you plan to track the car fitting a helmet in might be an issue but if you’re only 6’2” you should be fine.

Porsche all the way.

#18 1 year ago

I am 6’ and I have leg room to spare in my 62 Corvette. The larger steering wheel is usually the deal breaker for bigger people with this one.

457B841E-BFE7-4F05-BD68-182D121955DE (resized).jpeg457B841E-BFE7-4F05-BD68-182D121955DE (resized).jpeg4F213DEB-AD22-4DC2-99A9-E99886F2227D (resized).jpeg4F213DEB-AD22-4DC2-99A9-E99886F2227D (resized).jpeg
#20 1 year ago

I'm 6'3" and my old PT Cruiser was the easiest to get in and out of and the most comfortable to drive. My wife had a Mitsubishi GT Spyder and I hated it, what a pain getting in and out of it. She is only 5'2", so it was perfect for her.

#21 1 year ago

I own a 3 pedal variant of a 2003 vette, and have driven my buddies 3 pedal late 2000's boxter. Haven't been in a 911, but between the c5 and the boxter, c5 all day. 6' 2", 240ish lbs. My shins were in the dash of the porsche with the seat all the way back. Vette - tons of room to spare.

#22 1 year ago

Prices have dropped drastically on the c8,around here when they came out they were 125000

20230224_163605 (resized).jpg20230224_163605 (resized).jpg
#23 1 year ago

6’7”…porsche cayman

6C60223E-C9BA-4C27-9FAA-C9E7712278B2 (resized).jpeg6C60223E-C9BA-4C27-9FAA-C9E7712278B2 (resized).jpeg
#24 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

But keep in mind, the AARP sports car of choice is the corvette.

But that doesn't mean that they aren't a hell of a lot of fun! 6' 2+" 205 lbs. and no problem fitting.

Vette (resized).jpgVette (resized).jpg
#25 1 year ago
Quoted from madtown:

6’7”…porsche cayman
[quoted image]

Wow! I’m 6’6” and didn’t think there was ever a chance of me fitting in a Porsche.

ETA: I have had my eye on a Z06 for awhile now

#26 1 year ago

If you like the looks of the Vette, why not go all in and get the real thing..... a McLaren?

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from madtown:

6’7”…porsche cayman
[quoted image]

You fit in that thing? Mean no disrespect..just shocked. I felt like I needed a shoehorn to fit in a boxter

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

If you like the looks of the Vette, why not go all in and get the real thing..... a McLaren?

BE018D54-42CC-4097-AAAC-333BAFEE023D (resized).jpegBE018D54-42CC-4097-AAAC-333BAFEE023D (resized).jpegDE7885E3-30CA-403C-9961-8A32CA72E1AC (resized).jpegDE7885E3-30CA-403C-9961-8A32CA72E1AC (resized).jpeg
#29 1 year ago

I still have my '68 McLaren that I bought new when I was younger.

Haven't taken in out in decades, but it was fast. I remember it could even do loops back in the day.

20230224_161454 (resized).jpg20230224_161454 (resized).jpg

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I still have my '68 McLaren that I bought new when I was younger.
Haven't taken in out in decades, but it was fast. I remember it could even do loops back in the day.
[quoted image]

Could afford that car now and no worries its great on gas to. I like seeing the cars in this thread. Maybe in my next life. Currently happy with a old Lincoln continental the old man car. At 6'1" and some extra just not enough to claim it's 2" its nice not having my knees and legs jammed into the dash and steering wheel.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I am 6’ and I have leg room to spare in my 62 Corvette. The larger steering wheel is usually the deal breaker for bigger people with this one.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm 6'4" and can't fit into a C1, I tried and my legs are too long. C3 and up though are fine, never had any issues with them.

#32 1 year ago

I'm 6' 1" and currently on my 6th Corvette, a 2020 C8. I've never had any problem with legroom or headroom in them. Plenty of room in back for two golf bags in the C8. A Porsche? About one third of the bag extended out of the trunk...not even close to fitting.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

But that doesn't mean that they aren't a hell of a lot of fun! 6' 2+" 205 lbs. and no problem fitting.[quoted image]

I like anything that goes fast. If they put a hellcat in a minivan I’d drive that too. I’ve actually contemplated making my own. Would loose a lot of features that make a mini van useful though converting to RWD.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm 6'4" and can't fit into a C1, I tried and my legs are too long. C3 and up though are fine, never had any issues with them.

I have an Audi TT also. If I put that seat all the way back in the Audi I can't push the clutch all the way to the floor. Funny how the Audi TT has more leg room...

D15853FC-19F3-4C85-A56D-6FB275F07103 (resized).jpegD15853FC-19F3-4C85-A56D-6FB275F07103 (resized).jpeg
#35 1 year ago

I’m 6’3” and about 240lbs today.

I have a C8 ZO6 which is very comfortable, but it’s not available with a manual transmission.
I also have a 2016 911R which fits me perfectly and it’s 6 speed manual is fantastic. It’s by far the prettiest car I own and one of the best I’ve ever owned.
I still have ‘19 ZR1. It’s a very comfortable car, practical, but the automatic transmission is a real buzz kill. I wish I’d ordered the 7 speed manual, but I thought my wife was going to spend more time driving the car, but she prefers her SUVs. It’ll probably wind up on BAT over the summer.

2 weeks later
#36 1 year ago

I'm 6'3" and my Porsche 911 fit me comfortably. Can't speak for a Vette. Nothing but trucks these days.

#37 1 year ago

I don't know many Porsche guys but I can't recall any Corvette guys who were even remotely interested in a Porsche. Those two cars are from two different worlds where I live.

Corvette owner: Likes Trans Am but didn't want to show that much red neck. He himself or a close relative fought in Vietnam. American flag on his front lawn.

Porsche owner: European sports cars. Likes soccer (futbol). Tans in the winter. Can check the oil, maybe.

#38 1 year ago

"Porsche owner: European sports cars. Likes soccer (futbol). Tans in the winter. Can check the oil, maybe."

Blake, Blake, Blake:
I owned a Porsche, don't like soccer, ride dual sport, don't tan purposely anytime, I do alot more than check the oil, have an American flag on my truck. You stay there on the east coast buddy.
Have a great NON-judgemental day!

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from pokerag2:

"Porsche owner: European sports cars. Likes soccer (futbol). Tans in the winter. Can check the oil, maybe."

Blake, Blake, Blake:
I owned a Porsche, don't like soccer, ride dual sport, don't tan purposely anytime, I do alot more than check the oil, have an American flag on my truck. You stay there on the east coast buddy.
Have a great NON-judgemental day!

If you don't find some truth in my post at least find the humor. Need to loosen up a bit sport. I drive a mini-van from Japan, across country, without prejudice. I thought southern folks had more soul.

#40 1 year ago

The title reads like a want ad you'd see in the singles section of a want ad 30 years ago. Standards!

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Blake:

If you don't find some truth in my post at least find the humor. Need to loosen up a bit sport. I drive a mini-van from Japan, across country, without prejudice. I thought southern folks had more soul.

NOT southern-----TEXAN!!!! Get it right!

#42 1 year ago

I’m 6 ft 4, 200 lbs, and fit much better in a 911. I’ve owned two, just sold my 21 Targa 4s with a 7 speed manual, and I had room to spare, didn’t even put the seat all the way back. I’ve owned a few corvettes, and although I can fit, it’s pretty tight, more room in the 911 believe it or not. Test drove a C8, it was too tight for me, have a 23 911 GTS on order currently.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from pokerag2:

NOT southern-----TEXAN!!!! Get it right!

Love the show of pride. I really do. But for the rest of the country, history spoke for your state a long time ago. Texas is indeed a southern state.

Texas declared its secession from the United States on February 1, 1861, and joined the Confederate States of America on March 2, 1861.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Gd2103:

I’m 6 ft 4, 200 lbs, and fit much better in a 911. I’ve owned two, just sold my 21 Targa 4s with a 7 speed manual, and I had room to spare, didn’t even put the seat all the way back. I’ve owned a few corvettes, and although I can fit, it’s pretty tight, more room in the 911 believe it or not. Test drove a C8, it was too tight for me, have a 23 911 GTS on order currently.

thanks man, this is the kind of info I'm looking for. Porsche is a more attractive car, though corvettes are cheaper and more reliable (at least that's my impression). I always see corvettes at the top of lists of cars for big guys, and though I've sat in them both, it's hard to tell without owning and driving daily. I've been more focused on Vette's because of this, but I think I need to test drive a Porsche soon.

#45 1 year ago

Yeah, test drive both and see what you think.

I'm 6'1 and my C6 is comfortable for me even with a helmet on for road course shenanigans. I think C7 and beyond got a bit more tight / claustrophobic in terms of seating positions but maybe more in width than height.

I can never get through trying to talk myself into a P-car given how much more money I'd have to spend just to go slower (911 turbos notwithstanding but then you can argue C7+ Z06 for the money and end up in the same predicament)

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Yeah, test drive both and see what you think.
I'm 6'1 and my C6 is comfortable for me even with a helmet on for road course shenanigans. I think C7 and beyond got a bit more tight / claustrophobic in terms of seating positions but maybe more in width than height.
I can never get through trying to talk myself into a P-car given how much more money I'd have to spend just to go slower (911 turbos notwithstanding but then you can argue C7+ Z06 for the money and end up in the same predicament)

Yeah for sure the Vette is a better deal for the money, specially if your concern is just top speed. That's what's great about Vettes. And I'm looking at c5's and c6's, lots of deals. But speed is not what I'm after, I've already got a tesla. I just want a beautiful two seater, manual transmission, that I almost never drive but look at and admire and fulfill my teenage fantasies with. And something I fit in for the weekend trip up the coast. my concerns are price, aesthetics, comfort... performance isn't even on the list. Guess I've gotten old, (and, honestly, the electric cars have ruined my for off-the-line speed.).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guys-over-6-2-porsche-or-corvette?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.