View topic image gallery

Pinside_community___Pinside_Community (resized).jpg
12 step (resized).jpg
0508192107 (resized).jpg
0508192107d (resized).jpg
0508192107c (resized).jpg
0508192107b (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Is there a 12 step for this? My wife keeps asking how many functional pinball machines we have... sigh. Right now, zero. WTF.

0508192107 (resized).jpg0508192107 (resized).jpg0508192107b (resized).jpg0508192107b (resized).jpg0508192107c (resized).jpg0508192107c (resized).jpg0508192107d (resized).jpg0508192107d (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Listen to me. Your a good person! It’s not a choice that got you here, it’s a disease. Focus on WOZ and nothing else. If you feel like your relapsing remember the urges only last a few minutes. Take deep breaths, focus on WOZ, finish one pin at a time. You can do this! Do it for the ones you love.

#3 4 years ago

LOL! I'm sitting here ordering parts for JP knowing that I'm spending way more than the game is worth and that I'll surely forget or miss something and have to place at least 3 more orders. It's like home improvement projects and needing to go to home depot 2 or 3 more times than you think. Except, I have to wait like 3 or 4 days each time.

Luckily she is out of town and won't be back for a few days. I'm just screwing with POTC and I can easily put it back together so I think that will pacify her for a bit. Really it's all a ruse to get her to agree to buy another pin... POTC was last and if I keep that one running I can parlay (ha) that into a "see we need more pins so I can work on some while the others are functional" ...oh, I have another WOZ being delivered next Thurs (RR edition) so I guess I did just get another game, damnit.

#4 4 years ago

Wow you’ve got a patient wife...

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Howdy from Olympia.

Shh. I have a few days to clean this shit up before she gets home!

#6 4 years ago

How do you eat an elephant....one bite at a time. One project at a time.....get the easiest one up and running......and knock em out one by one. Keep it simple.

#7 4 years ago

From the pictures I'd say the problem is too much furniture and not enough pinball machines.

#8 4 years ago

Does the dart board work? That should count for something!

#9 4 years ago

Easy. Buy another working one to play while you work on the others. Bonus points if you tell your wife you did it for her.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

...I'm just screwing with POTC and I can easily put it back together so I think that will pacify her for a bit....

Are there actually problems with the machines or are you taking them apart for fun/mods? If it's the latter, just work on one at a time. Fight the urge to take apart a game that isn't broke until the previous machine is fully functional again.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Seriously. That would be a no go in this house.

@harryhoudini Obviously everyone operates how they choose in their own home... but I do have a bit of advice for ya: don't rest those sheets of glass direct on your hardwood. 99% of the time, you'll be fine. But you don't want to be in that room when the 1% rolls around. You'll be cleaning up a bazillion glass diamonds when one of those explodes... and you'll be finding miniature shards for years to come. Throw down some padding or something... rest the edge on that.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Are there actually problems with the machines or are you taking them apart for fun/mods? If it's the latter, just work on one at a time. Fight the urge to take apart a game that isn't broke until the previous machine is fully functional again.

There is a little of everything going on. Some older projects waiting on parts, some newer issues that are part of ongoing conversations online or with JJP, etc. Going to button up POTC today, so that's done. Waiting on some light boards for WOZ. TOM is under repair, topside of playfield. JP is getting a playfield replacement, longer term project in the other room, also waiting on parts.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Seriously. That would be a no go in this house.
@harryhoudini Obviously everyone operates how they choose in their own home... but I do have a bit of advice for ya: don't rest those sheets of glass direct on your hardwood. 99% of the time, you'll be fine. But you don't want to be in that room when the 1% rolls around. You'll be cleaning up a bazillion glass diamonds when one of those explodes... and you'll be finding miniature shards for years to come. Throw down some padding or something... rest the edge on that.

HUmm... ok

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from NovaPin:

Does the dart board work? That should count for something!

YES!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Easy. Buy another working one to play while you work on the others. Bonus points if you tell your wife you did it for her.

MOTHERS DAY!

#15 4 years ago

How are you still married???

#16 4 years ago

LOL! I'm sitting here ordering parts for JP knowing that I'm spending way more than the game is worth and that I'll surely forget or miss something and have to place at least 3 more orders. It's like home improvement projects and needing to go to home depot 2 or 3 more times than you think. Except, I have to wait like 3 or 4 days each time.

Sounds about right.

#18 4 years ago

Well, you've got the "taking apart" thing down cold - now, you just need to work on the "putting back together" thing.

Pick one that you've got all the parts for and work on it until it's done. Repeat.

#19 4 years ago

Fix TOM. Ladies love TOM.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Fix TOM. Ladies love TOM.

It's her machine Had one ramp that was epoxied and it finally broke. So... new ramps... might as well fix the playfield.. new plastics then...and replace everything else Then might as well powdercoat it all... ugh. And polish all the metal bits... ugh. And decal the cabinet... well, radcals are available and the proper playfield is coming from mirco in 5 weeks. DAMNIT.

LOL... so now... waiting to decide what to do.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How are you still married???

She's in to pins.. lol.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Pick one that you've got all the parts for and work on it until it's done. Repeat.

That doesn't exist. Every single machine is missing something... and I've had packages coming and coming. Little thing here, little thing there.

#23 4 years ago

It's her machine Had one ramp that was epoxied and it finally broke. So... new ramps... might as well fix the playfield.. new plastics then...and replace everything else Then might as well powdercoat it all... ugh. And polish all the metal bits... ugh. And decal the cabinet... well, radcals are available and the proper playfield is coming from mirco in 5 weeks. DAMNIT.
LOL... so now... waiting to decide what to do.

Lol that’s awesome.

For our 13th anniversary my wife tells me she wants to buy TOM, I looked at the one she wanted and it was just a beautiful game and a great price. Who was I to argue?

#24 4 years ago

You certainly have a lot going on there. LOL. Good luck with the rebuilds before your better half gets home!

This is my 12 step program...….

12 step (resized).jpg12 step (resized).jpg
#25 4 years ago

Stop what your doing!
FOCUS
If she loves pins, better keep it that way!!
Happy wife /Happy live

First fix JP and TOM

Then go on with tinkering/fixing the rest.
If everything works, then go loose on JP and TOM.

This was the voice of reason

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Stop what your doing!
FOCUS
If she loves pins, better keep it that way!!
Happy wife /Happy live
First fix JP and TOM
Then go on with tinkering/fixing the rest.
If everything works, then go loose on JP and TOM.
This was the voice of reason

Yes! Fixing a ramp on TOM could be done with tape if push came to shove. If you are replacing the ramps that doesn't equate into having to replace everything else. Especially when you have multiple other games in a similar state.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

You certainly have a lot going on there. LOL. Good luck with the rebuilds before your better half gets home!
This is my 12 step program...….[quoted image]

a sheet of good ol 3/4 inch plywood would knock that down to about a 2 step problem.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

This is my 12 step program...….[quoted image]

HAHA... that would keep me from getting too many pins. I have a cart and a direct route from outside to the game room.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yes! Fixing a ramp on TOM could be done with tape if push came to shove. If you are replacing the ramps that doesn't equate into having to replace everything else. Especially when you have multiple other games in a similar state.

HA, too late. Playfield is depopulated. Decals and playfield protector are on the way from Germany.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

a sheet of good ol 3/4 inch plywood would knock that down to about a 2 step problem.

And a winch!

#31 4 years ago

HA, too late. Playfield is depopulated. Decals and playfield protector are on the way from Germany.

Fair enough. At that point all I can say is good luck.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Fair enough. At that point all I can say is good luck.

I'm getting pretty quick at ripping down playfields. As long as the decal and protector install go fine I should have this thing back together in no time. Just waiting for that international delivery.. ugh.

#33 4 years ago

Aside from no popcorn machine, I dont see the problem??

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Aside from no popcorn machine, I dont see the problem??

Heh... we have the theater butter and organic amish popcorn kernels upstairs, I make it on the stove

1 week later
#36 4 years ago

You terrify me!!

#37 4 years ago
#38 4 years ago

Confirmed

Pinside_community___Pinside_Community (resized).jpgPinside_community___Pinside_Community (resized).jpg
#39 4 years ago

Confirmed
[quoted image]

You're going to burn out the servers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 18.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guys-and-gals-i-have-a-problem-?hl=pindoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.