(Topic ID: 313046)

Guy wants me to deliver Games before paying for them in full.

By CaptainNeo

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Ballypin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bryan_Kelly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

staying to setup is not part of the deal. it's a 2 day project for someone. I'm going to be exhausted enough from the 18hr drive each way. No way i'm setting anything up. It's going to be bad enough spending 2 days Breaking them down and shrinking them with TLC, so they can make the journey without problems.

Here are my thoughts.

I wish I was in your shoes. This would be a done deal. You almost sound like you're trying to talk yourself out of the deal.

You're over thinking things or you're second guessing wanting to sell.

No offense, Neo, but you're a tightwad. If you're willing to sell these, the offer must be BIG. And it's selling 14 at one time and not dealing with 14 different people selling them one at a time. That's HUGE.

Maybe I'm old school and too trusting but I have no issue with the buyers offer. Hell, I'd probably even just take a check from him once the games are delivered. No tax implications if done that way.

You complain about having to prep them all, load and unload, travel time, blah blah blah. Is this 7 days worth of work? Are you making more money doing this or working on playfields?

For me, this would be a hell of an adventure. I've got a couple buddies I know that would come with. They'd probably do it for free but I'd be willing to pay them for their help.

By the time you get home, you'll feel exhausted but you'll have a story to tell for years.

Ten years ago, me and a buddy bought out an operator in Spugis SD. It was 21 games. Drove 10 hours in a rented 27' Penski on New Years Eve day. Took us 5 hours to prep and load the games. Got 5 hours sleep and drove the 10 hours back home on New Years Day. Once home, we had to unload all the games and take the truck back. I slept for 2 days and hurt for a week but didn't regret a thing.

Edit: when you rent the truck, make sure to negotiate the price per mile. The more miles, the lower the price. At the time, the website may have said $1 a mile. We ended up paying half that.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Not really outlandish. It's 14 rare titles for a collection. Anyway, I see both sides as I have been involved with this type of deal on both sides. I cannot blame the buyer for anything other than not being more involved. He is lazy(?) or in bad shape(?), but has money. The buyer is in Florida? He can fly into Milwaukee or Rockford quite cheap. Pick him up, let him inspect all the machines AND pay you. You pack them and help load them on a shipping company truck that he pays for. He has them delivered on his dime, his insurance. Otherwise all liability is yours during transport. An accident, an act of God, theft , or any other event and you are out the money and your machines. Honestly, it's the only way to do it. Rockford round trip is about $300 anywhere in Florida. If it were 2 or 3 games. Hell, road trip. But not 14 games on a high dollar collection.

You must have missed the buyers comments.

"I also clearly stated I’m not going to nitpick anything and will pics of the cashiers check for full amount or cash or whatever payment he wants. All I ask is for a video of the exact games before sending deposit and to be able to make sure those are the same games on delivery."

I'd be halfway to Florida by now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bryan_Kelly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guy-wants-me-to-deliver-games-before-paying-for-them-in-full?tu=Bryan_Kelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.