(Topic ID: 313046)

Guy wants me to deliver Games before paying for them in full.

By CaptainNeo

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Ballypin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8 (resized).jpg
    There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 2 years ago

This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever read on Pinside. If the dude really wants your games, tell his lazy ass to come get them. That's what I do when I want a game bad enough. End of story.

#152 2 years ago

that's not always an option for people. Sometimes due to work, sometimes health conditions. I have some friends who can't sit in a car for longer than an hour or two before they can't walk anymore. So long trips like this isn't for everyone.

But I do feel better that he is a pinside member and people know him. When we first started talking, It was phone text only, and had no idea if he even was on FB or Pinside.

#153 2 years ago

Sure. About 20 years ago there was a guy advertising “rarest pinball on earth” and because I read the comic book I thought it would be cool to own. I think it was a business I bought from but honestly don’t remember. My name in no way is trying to imply I am somehow “rich”

It has never been playable but was used on a movie set. In 15 or 16 almost all that was my collection went to auction. It was just a mistake but my rocky was labeled as rocky and bullwinkle and sold for like a grand. My fault as I should have been there but couldn’t that day. Anyways I like oddballs so My collection had some weird stuff back then but I needed money and such is life.

I’m rebuilding now and always loved zacs. I felt fortunate to find Nemo and I think we will work this out. The length of time scares me a bit as what if someone else wants to buy between now and then. Pretty sure he wouldn’t do that after taking deposit but with that much time something beyond his control could happen.

I was talking to a friend from the forum and said back in the day this would be a no brainer as he and I did a 1k miler for some games hockey and some other stuff. Life throws you curveballs. I sympathize with the work but back in the day it was a labor of love. Try getting a cyberball 2000 up stairs on your back with just 2 people

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from richierichpin:

It has never been playable but was used on a movie set.

I wish that had some meaning towards price. I’d be a billionaire.

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Please think twice before being so negative towards someone. There is a huge difference between being "lazy" and having health issues that slow you down.

I think you missed that I had amended my original post within 5 minutes of posting.

#156 2 years ago

I’m rebuilding now and always loved zacs. I felt fortunate to find Nemo and I think we will work this out. The length of time scares me a bit as what if someone else wants to buy between now and then. Pretty sure he wouldn’t do that after taking deposit but with that much time something beyond his control could happen.

I can tell you this, If Neo gave you his word and took a deposit, the games are 100% yours. You guys will figure out the logistics. I can tell you if it were me, I would be on a red eye there on Friday night and an evening flight home Saturday night to inspect, pay and make the deal happen.

#157 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bellystyle:

This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever read on Pinside. If the dude really wants your games, tell his lazy ass to come get them. That's what I do when I want a game bad enough. End of story.

Some day you will either have health issues or be old enough that picking up a machine just isn't possible anymore and at that point in life you MIGHT realize what an ass you are for making comments like this. Until then I expect you will continue to be an ass.

#158 2 years ago

Sure. About 20 years ago there was a guy advertising “rarest pinball on earth” and because I read the comic book I thought it would be cool to own. I think it was a business I bought from but honestly don’t remember. My name in no way is trying to imply I am somehow “rich”
    It has never been playable but was used on a movie set. In 15 or 16 almost all that was my collection went to auction. It was just a mistake but my rocky was labeled as rocky and bullwinkle and sold for like a grand. My fault as I should have been there but couldn’t that day. Anyways I like oddballs so My collection had some weird stuff back then but I needed money and such is life.
    I was talking to a friend from the forum and said back in the day this would be a no brainer as he and I did a 1k miler for some games hockey and some other stuff. Life throws you curveballs. I sympathize with the work but back in the day it was a labor of love. Try getting a cyberball 2000 up stairs on your back with just 2 people

Thanks for the Richie Rich pin details. Always wondered about that one since it's crazy rare and has a coaster on it (I mainly collect coaster pins). Had thought about PMing you, but since you weren't really active on here I didn't want to bother you.

Once you have a set deal I wouldn't worry a bit about Neo selling to somebody else. July will be here before we know it, and 3 or 4 months doesn't seem like much of a wait these days. Anyway, I'm happy to here you're back in a place where you rebuild a super nice collection, and once again I hope it all works out for both of you!

#159 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

July will be here before we know it, and 3 or 4 months doesn't seem like much of a wait these days.

Especially if you ordered from BGResto !

#160 2 years ago

Seems like a straight shooter Cap'n.
    Glad this worked out CAUSE I LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8 (resized).jpgst,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8 (resized).jpg
    #161 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

As recently as 2014 I unboxed Stern Mustang by myself, putting on the front legs then lifting the heavy back end while using one foot to slide a barstool under it. Turning 70 in 2019 I realized I was no longer up to doing that. So Elvira's House of Horrors sat NIB in my game room for months until a friend came over to help me. (At least that gave the clear coat more time to cure.)

Just pm me next time. I'd come out just to test drive some of your cars and guitars haha.
    But I'm serious.

#162 2 years ago

Too risky! I've never seen times like this when it comes to transactions for pinballs/arcade games. More people being CHOGGARD'ed than ever before!

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

As recently as 2014 I unboxed Stern Mustang by myself, putting on the front legs then lifting the heavy back end while using one foot to slide a barstool under it. Turning 70 in 2019 I realized I was no longer up to doing that. So Elvira's House of Horrors sat NIB in my game room for months until a friend came over to help me. (At least that gave the clear coat more time to cure.)

And here I thought that I was the only fool to unbox a pinball machine on my own. I am in my late sixties and as recently as last year I hoisted a NIB AFM onto a dolly, took it up a small flight of stairs into my home and proceeded to set it up. I can't say that I will ever do this again.

#164 2 years ago

Glad to report we worked it out. I feel more comfortable after everyone vouching and am sending more money upfront and he’s getting to hold until after his event so I think everybody wins. Thanks for all comments as I think it helped us both to see both sides. Back in the old days I bought a supposedly “HUO” lucky 7 sight unseen that looked like it had been dropped out of a plane. Also had a guy try to renegotiate after price agreement after I drove what seemed like halfway across tx with a mint date East gnr in minivan so I know where everybody’s coming from.

I’d be happy to send you RR pics but I don’t think it has a roller coaster except on the backglass. It’s essentially a converted tommy with no blinders but hand painted. The backglass isn’t really glass but has a picture of Mckulkin on a roller coaster which may be what you are thinking about.

I think there was a similar type of thing done with Aaron Spelling but that one was playable.

#165 2 years ago

i've had to restore an Aaron Spelling playfield for a customer once. probably the rarest playfield i've ever done for someone.

#166 2 years ago
    Quoted from reynolds531:

And here I thought that I was the only fool to unbox a pinball machine on my own. I am in my late sixties and as recently as last year I hoisted a NIB AFM onto a dolly, took it up a small flight of stairs into my home and proceeded to set it up. I can't say that I will ever do this again.

I think it is more common than you think....I've always unboxed and installed my NiB on my own. Not easy..but doable. Granted, I will say the older you get the harder it is.

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I think it is more common than you think....I've always unboxed and installed my NiB on my own. Not easy..but doable. Granted, I will say the older you get the harder it is.

In my younger days I bought 25 machines and moved them all in one day alone. Fast forward to last month - I paid movers to move my 8 games from ground level storage to my new basement (and I have an Escalera).

Happy for both parties - congrats on getting the deal arranged to both party’s comfort zone.

#168 2 years ago

I haven't read the entire thread, but maybe a situation like this is perfect for an escrow service. It's been a few years since I've used one so I don't have a recommendation or know what the going rates are, but it's the best way to protect both buyers & sellers in large transactions. In the past I've done this for selling high value domain names that I possessed (tens of thousands of dollars), and in each case the transactions went off perfectly.

#169 2 years ago

I’d be happy to send you RR pics but I don’t think it has a roller coaster except on the backglass. It’s essentially a converted tommy with no blinders but hand painted. The backglass isn’t really glass but has a picture of Mckulkin on a roller coaster which may be what you are thinking about.
    I think there was a similar type of thing done with Aaron Spelling but that one was playable.

No need, there are some good pics in the Machine Database already, but thanks for the offer. I was more interested in hearing how you obtained it and how much of it is working. Does it flip at all? Still very cool either way.

Glad to hear you guys have everything set, congrats on the purchase!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've had to restore an Aaron Spelling playfield for a customer once. probably the rarest playfield i've ever done for someone.

Tough to find one more rare than that. I still need to tear down my Screamo and send it to you. That's at least a little rare. Life stuff just keeps eating up my time!

#170 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Seems like a straight shooter Cap'n.
    Glad this worked out CAUSE I LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS [quoted image]

Yeah, but your paying for yours!

#171 2 years ago

Thanks for giving us the story, you seem like a really interesting dude. I hope you hang out with us a little more often here in the threads

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I will say the older you get the harder it is.

Not with everything...

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guy-wants-me-to-deliver-games-before-paying-for-them-in-full/page/4?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.