2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Seedy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Am working on a gunsmoke. original problems were open score motor (replaced) open player count coil open (replaced). cleaned player, ball count and bonus units. Cleaned and adjusted most relay contacts (except for the relay bank relays don't know how to get access to them). Game fires up ok however Bottom Lane Alt and player relay energize (after some scoring they de energize) works normal for first ball and sometimes up to third ball but then score motor keeps running and game steps thru rest of ball numbers and stops and gives a game over. any help would be appreciated.

#2 2 years ago

There are two thumbscrews or wingnuts on the relay assembly that allow you to flip it for servicing.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1098/Chicago_Coin_1968_Gun_Smoke_Relay_Bank_Servicing_Instructions_low_resolution.pdf

One question would be ‘what is happening at the moment the game is falsely resetting?’

#3 2 years ago

Found the problem. The metal at the trough switch was corroded and in game mode wire would stick holding switch closed. when ever I tried to simulate game I closed the switch manually and everything worked fine. Was driving me crazy. As far as the relay bank goes I figured out how to swing bank up but not sure how to reach inner contacts to clean. thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gunsmoke-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.