IMG_8631 Large (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20231020-083518 (resized).png
IMG_6183 (resized).jpeg
GNR Manual pg 131 (resized).png
IMG_0138 (resized).jpg
HoloLabel (resized).jpg
LPlabel (resized).jpg
1F6657DB-129E-4AD4-874A-91963A78455C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Just circling back here in case anyone has the same problem.
Thanks a lot for the advice.
In my case it was the #16 top side screw.
I had to pierce the decal to tighten it and then re-adjust the height of the disc since the disc was now sitting higher that it should with everything tight.
Hopefully it doesn't work its way loose again. If it does, I guess you have to use the 425 loctite?
I ordered some for the bottom screw but it had it applied from the factory and it makes it impossible to remove the screw from the shaft. I guess I'm worried if I put it on the top screw I won't ever be able to remove it.

I noticed my record loose today as well. I was able to tighten it a little without sacrificing the decal by holding the record still and using a nut driver on the nut at the bottom to rotate the shaft. I expect I will need to get a replacement decal at some point and fix it permanently.

1 week later
#118 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Anyone having their left flipper become sticky? Mine will stay in the up position for a few seconds before coming back down. I have no idea why it has started to do this ...

Something is binding - review this great video from Butch:

1 month later
#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Here’s my issue. When the scoop is lit to start a song. I shoot the scoop but, my ball quickly fires out of the scoop as my decision to play the song displayed or choose a different song is offered. The song will play as it should.
I checked the scoop switch in test mode with a ball. The ball sits in the scoop and the switch registers as it should. The switch does not appear to work intermittently. It looks like it works perfect. While the ball is in there, I smacked the playfield around to see if another switch was triggering/too sensitive. No issue there.
Has anyone had this issue? Wondering if I have a cold solder joint or something else. Not sure if bending the switch will do anything as it works great in test mode. I’m running code 1.21. Thanks

Is anything reporting closed in switch test? Maybe another switch is stuck somewhere?

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks for helping. The only switches active (green) are the trough and spinning disk (wheel)
[quoted image]

I wish I could help more, but that exhausts my expertise in this area. JJP support is great though, I'm sure they will help.

3 weeks later
#134 2 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Hi,
that´s my current issue: Guitar ball lock doesn´t count balls?
During the song, when some balls are collected on the guitar lock and when there are no more balls are on the playfield, the game just stucks. Although there are still some balls left in the trough and the song is still playing, nothing happens until the crowdmeter is low.
There are no bad switches shown in the test. The two gates (ramp and guitar lock) look also fine so far.
It seems, like the ball locks are not noticed or counted.
I´ve heard of this problem with older codes, but I already have 1.21 installed.
Any ideas?
Thanks and have a nice Sunday everyone.
Olli

What happens if you recalibrate the sensors in the device test? Make sure NO balls are on the playfield when doing this.

5 months later
#222 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

First post, just joined Pinside. Have 2 pins and one is GNR LE. Ball gets stuck at top of rails of upper playfield metal guitar, only on the right hand lane (there are 3 lanes). It's the inside lane. I'll take a picture next time it happens. Get's stuck every single time, in that one lane. Just learning how to post, let's see if this works.

Put super lube on the passive diverters. When new they need a little working in and can cause stuck balls.

1 week later
#238 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

I thought my awesome picture would spark a frenzy of comments and ideas. I'll try the super lube. I've heard of Astro Lube, will try to source this new lube. I'm not sure it's going to help, the diverters seem to spin fine on the other 2 lanes.....

After lubricating just work them back and forth manually until you can feel them moving freely. You can drop a ball in to see if the resistance is low enough.

These things are stiff when new but break in quickly and never cause an issue again. Not sure what Hayfarmer is talking about bashing things with a hammer but I certainly wouldn't do that without trying the least-aggressive fix first.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Staythirsty:

So desolder magnet wires for now?

I would absolutely not do that. Live wires with high(ish) voltage dangling around loose seems like a bad idea.

1 week later
#259 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Newb alert.
I got one... When launching a ball, it very often comes back under that metal flap with the blue rubber dot and then of course has to auto launch again.. repeats this multiple times sometimes until the flap eventually catches it and ball goes into play...
I tried to bend that flap a little thinking the angle needed to be more perpendicular to the play field bit it doesn't want to bend and I'm not sure this is the right way to fix it either..
Thx

I fixed this by removing the flap (2 nuts on top) and adding 2 washers to each lug. This made the flap lower and the ball no longer passes through it.

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from SJBRENT:

Thanks. How do I adjust the switch?

Bend the leaf at the base so they don't touch unless the sling is hit. Ideally use a leaf switch adjustment tool, as using needlenose will twist it.

I believe Butch touches on leaf adjustment in this flipper video but the idea is the same for leaf switches.

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

My newest (minor, but annoying!) issue... about every 3 or 4 flips, the left flipper is very weak and "spongy". It is rarely this way 2 flips in a row, and it does not seem to be related to the coil getting hot or anything (I do have a Tibetan Breeze kit ordered!), since it sometimes happens on the very first game played after powering on. All the wires look to be well connected. The coil is not loose in its mount. The gaps on the flipper buttons switches look ok. Has to be something simple, right? It's only the lower left flipper that seems to have this malady, and the frequency does seem to be increasing. Any suggestions welcome!

How many plays?

This game beats them up pretty hard.
I did a full flipper rebuild on mine at 3100 plays. I've changed the coil sleeves every 1000 or so.

The first thing I'd do, which is quick and simple, is replace (or at least clean) the coil sleeves. Work the flipper manually and make sure it feels free and loose, not getting friction.

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

I tried it, it worked! Can't believe it. Thanks for the advice.

Glad I could help! Rock on!

7 months later
#365 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

So it appears to be the coma lock coil that is firing over and over again on start up. Is that intended? At least I know the coil works Thanks all.

Nope!

1 month later
#389 1 year ago
Quoted from soldiermedic1331:

Just purchased an LE. Everything is in the green on pin guy for leveling, however, every shot to the bass neck ramp gets stuck if it goes to the left or right lane on the neck. The center lane shots get stuck 50% of the time. Is this meant to be a steeper incline that what Pin Guy suggests?

Common problem when new, the passive diverters need to be worked in a little. Some super lube helps.

Level such that the top of the bubble level is on the second line from the bottom. PinGuy is useless because the iOS accelerometer is not precise enough for things like this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-?tu=zaphX and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.