IMG_8631 Large (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20231020-083518 (resized).png
IMG_6183 (resized).jpeg
GNR Manual pg 131 (resized).png
IMG_0138 (resized).jpg
HoloLabel (resized).jpg
LPlabel (resized).jpg
1F6657DB-129E-4AD4-874A-91963A78455C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#413 1 year ago
Quoted from robin:

like balls not locking on the guitar for multiball, but being released back to the playfield after a few seconds.

They will release back down if you're in the middle of a booster multiball. The game will remember them as a virtual locked ball though.

If this isn't what's occurring and they're not staying up there when you're not on a booster multiball, then you may need to jiggle the connector a little under the guitar head lock area itself.

#415 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If it worked before , could it be re-installing the code update ?

I think the connector under those locks can get a little loose and cause that issue. Especially if it worked before, and if it’s not during booster multiball.

#417 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's just weird it's happened after installing the Beta code .
There has been some reports of some bugs but I hadn't heard of this one .

It sounded like the ball lock issue was happening before they went to beta, and is still maybe occurring after that. Pretty certain it’s the connector underneath if it’s not due to happening while on booster multiball.

#427 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

during a song (maybe robin is calling a song=multiball in his post?) 1st ball activates Power chord and before power chord timer runs out balls will lock, then they release when timer =0

Good catch, I totally forgot about it releasing balls from powerchord lock when it times out.

1 week later
#429 1 year ago
Quoted from robin:

I do not have any game warnings or error messages about non-working switches though.

I think you’d see it in switch error.

Double check to make sure you’re not in booster multiball when trying to lock and also you’d have to have at least 1 member to be qualified before you can lock. 6 members qualified to lock all 6. If no members are qualified, it shouldn’t hold a ball up there, just like it shouldn’t hold a ball during booster multiball. Hope this helps.

1 month later
#440 1 year ago
Quoted from smognote:

if it is the record how can this be fixed

Most likely the record needs tightened if it wobbles. The larger plastic nut is more for raising or lowering it so it sits flush with the playfield.

There is a small 1/4” screw head on the bottom under the playfield. And another small Phillips under the record label. It’s possible to press super hard on top of the record to hold that Phillips and then use 1/4 bit driver for the screw on the bottom to tighten it so you don’t have to puncture the label but it’s difficult and may work loose again. I sort of press that with my thumb while wedging my fingers around the post the ball hits to get my leverage or hold it steadier.

I did it that way for a long time but I finally just punctured my label recently to get it tighter, for longer.

I pull the playfield to service position, then get under with the bit driver and get it on that nut. You can get in there from the side with the bit driver in one hand while you hold the record from the top.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-?tu=sevenrites and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.