IMG_8631 Large (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20231020-083518 (resized).png
IMG_6183 (resized).jpeg
GNR Manual pg 131 (resized).png
IMG_0138 (resized).jpg
HoloLabel (resized).jpg
LPlabel (resized).jpg
1F6657DB-129E-4AD4-874A-91963A78455C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#411 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertS:

I purchased an LE GNR JJP in May. Light use.
The game is rebooting during gameplay at least 4 times now.
The game goes dark, then goes through a long reboot process until it's back to normal.
Any help is appreciated.

The Gn'R in our gameroom was doing the same thing: it would often reboot. At first it seemed random, but we figured out that this would occur when folks got to the song selection screen (happening not every time, but at least 2-3 times per night).

The solution was to go into the network settings and enable beta code updates. Then the game will trigger an update for the beta code. It's a big download and it will take some time but after installing this beta code, we no longer have the rebooting issue. Makes no sense to me why this hasn't yet been fixed in regular updates and only in beta (their last regular code update was over 15 months ago)!

There are other (software?) issues with our game, like balls not locking on the guitar for multiball, but being released back to the playfield after a few seconds. I'm pretty sure this used to work when we first unboxed the game, it was so cool to have all those balls on the guitar headstock!

On a side note, just like with Dialed In, we're having a stuck on LED on one of the playfield light boards (in the USA map). It's ugly as hell, ruining all the light shows. This happened in the first 4 months after unboxing (just like it did with Dialed In). According to customer support, this issue is only fixable by replacing the whole board (sadly, at your own cost). And these boards are by no means cheap. Does anyone know if these LED issues can be fixed with some proper smt soldering gear, instead of replacing the whole board?

#426 1 year ago

Haha you’re both kinda right. The ball lock issues, however did not start with the beta update. It was an issue before that.

It’s a bit hard for me to know exactly as I hardly ever play the game myself. But I will certainly take a look at that connector under the locks.

Thanks for the rules explanation regarding the multiball. This was certainly not common knowledge for me.

Thanks much!

#428 1 year ago

Quick update, I haven't gotten around to checking the ball lock mech on the guitar yet. Hopefully I'll have a moment tonight during our Friday Night Pinball to check if the lock works properly, with the glass off. I do not have any game warnings or error messages about non-working switches though.

#430 1 year ago

Ok, finally had some time to run the tests (the guitar locks test) but it looks like everything is a-okay. The 6 "switches" are working as are the two coils.

Quoted from Vespula:

I could see how this is a perception thing, in different modes with diff behaviors... I'm not the rules expert but this is what I think I know...

during a song (maybe robin is calling a song=multiball in his post?) 1st ball activates Power chord and before power chord timer runs out balls will lock, then they release when timer =0
during a booster multiball as you said, it collects virtual (when you get a ball up there watch the big lcd and it will tell you what ball you "virtually" locked and then it releases back into play moments after)
during normal game play, balls are not released and when you lock ball six the song starts -- and this means if you start a booster multiball before locking #6 the game needs those balls and so game might release them. I dont know if there is logic to know how many are in the lock and how many it may need, or if it just dumps them all and makes them virtual. My guess is it dumps them all. This is unclear to me

Ah, maybe it's just my ignorance and my limited knowledge of the game's rules.

In my memory, when I first got the game, I enjoyed filling that guitar lock with 6 balls. Reminded me of the 1994 Guns n' Roses by Data East (also in our game room). But nowadays, the game will keep letting balls go when I would expect them to stay locked up there for the big multiball. Could be me misunderstanding the rules. Or maybe stuff pertaining to the ball locks changed with a code update.

I'll give the game another play and give you a more detailed report of exactly what is happening.

It's a bit of a bummer. The game has a lot of potential, but right now it's kind of 'meh' for me. And to think it was one of my most anticipated games ever. It's just... There are a bunch of things I would like to see different, and most *can* be fixed with code (if an update ever comes out).

...But that's an entirely different topic and I've already hijacked this thread as it is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.