IMG_8631 Large (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20231020-083518 (resized).png
IMG_6183 (resized).jpeg
GNR Manual pg 131 (resized).png
IMG_0138 (resized).jpg
HoloLabel (resized).jpg
LPlabel (resized).jpg
1F6657DB-129E-4AD4-874A-91963A78455C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider movingpictures.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 3 years ago

Hello,

With my bar closed, GnR SE is out on rental now and it’s my second service call tomorrow with the spinning disc. The ball was getting stuck on the post on the disc, so I adjusted the height to be flush with the playfield.

It seemed to be better but I couldn’t figure out how to stabilize the side to side wobble. The client just let me know that balls are still getting stuck (it’s been a few weeks since my last service call). This is an early production machine from the first run of standards.

How can I fix this for good?
Thanks in advance!

CD82BB49-4824-4607-8DAF-DC0080675C42 (resized).jpegCD82BB49-4824-4607-8DAF-DC0080675C42 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There really shouldn't be much wobble in the record. (or the music will skip. Jk) Start by tightening the #15 screw from the underside (while holding the record from spinning). IF it continues to spin that would likely mean the #16 top side screw came loose which would cause a wobble. In that case you would need to sacrifice the decal on the record to tighten the screw and get a replacement from JJP. If all tightens up on the above, then you need to loosen the #8 large nut (by hand) and adjust the #1 threaded sleeve (by hand) to set the spinner height just a Hair above the playfield. Not much!! Once set retighten the #8 jamb nut and you should be good to go. Just note when adjusting the height of the record that you need to push down on it as it is a floating mech. If you set it in the up position it will sink below the playfield. Good Luck!
Note: When adjusting, make sure the #22 bushings are in place as they guide the wobble from happening.
[quoted image]

Just circling back here in case anyone has the same problem.
Thanks a lot for the advice.

In my case it was the #16 top side screw.
I had to pierce the decal to tighten it and then re-adjust the height of the disc since the disc was now sitting higher that it should with everything tight.

Hopefully it doesn't work its way loose again. If it does, I guess you have to use the 425 loctite?
I ordered some for the bottom screw but it had it applied from the factory and it makes it impossible to remove the screw from the shaft. I guess I'm worried if I put it on the top screw I won't ever be able to remove it.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I noticed my record loose today as well. I was able to tighten it a little without sacrificing the decal by holding the record still and using a nut driver on the nut at the bottom to rotate the shaft. I expect I will need to get a replacement decal at some point and fix it permanently.

That’s what I had done at first and it slowly worked its way loose again. I don’t think you can properly tighten the top screw without a small philips. If you push on it hard with your finger while screwing the bottom nut you will still feel the top screw spinning. Once I tightened it from the top the wobble was totally gone.

Before:

EAEFE37E-DB96-4FF1-85E2-7E801193FD3C (resized).jpegEAEFE37E-DB96-4FF1-85E2-7E801193FD3C (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,500 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,000.00
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider movingpictures.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-?tu=movingpictures and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.