IMG_8631 Large (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20231020-083518 (resized).png
IMG_6183 (resized).jpeg
GNR Manual pg 131 (resized).png
IMG_0138 (resized).jpg
HoloLabel (resized).jpg
LPlabel (resized).jpg
1F6657DB-129E-4AD4-874A-91963A78455C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 3 years ago

Here’s my issue. When the scoop is lit to start a song. I shoot the scoop but, my ball quickly fires out of the scoop as my decision to play the song displayed or choose a different song is offered. The song will play as it should.

I checked the scoop switch in test mode with a ball. The ball sits in the scoop and the switch registers as it should. The switch does not appear to work intermittently. It looks like it works perfect. While the ball is in there, I smacked the playfield around to see if another switch was triggering/too sensitive. No issue there.

Has anyone had this issue? Wondering if I have a cold solder joint or something else. Not sure if bending the switch will do anything as it works great in test mode. I’m running code 1.21. Thanks

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is anything reporting closed in switch test? Maybe another switch is stuck somewhere?

Thanks for helping. The only switches active (green) are the trough and spinning disk (wheel)

7DA0AFD9-7A67-4146-B2C4-C6D68324EB64 (resized).jpeg7DA0AFD9-7A67-4146-B2C4-C6D68324EB64 (resized).jpeg
#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:Here’s my issue. When the scoop is lit to start a song. I shoot the scoop but, my ball quickly fires out of the scoop as my decision to play the song displayed or choose a different song is offered. The song will play as it should.
I checked the scoop switch in test mode with a ball. The ball sits in the scoop and the switch registers as it should. The switch does not appear to work intermittently. It looks like it works perfect. While the ball is in there, I smacked the playfield around to see if another switch was triggering/too sensitive. No issue there.
Has anyone had this issue? Wondering if I have a cold solder joint or something else. Not sure if bending the switch will do anything as it works great in test mode. I’m running code 1.21. Thanks

I am gonna call this issue resolved. Seems like my issue was either an upper playfield switch being too sensitive and registering when it shouldn’t, or just a tweak needed on the scoop switch so when the left ramp diverter resets it does not cause a vibration to the scoop switch, resulting in the ball being shot out of the scoop immediately instead of waiting until the song starts.

2 months later
#164 2 years ago
Quoted from HeyZeusss666:

I heard a clink the other day and this is what had fallen out. I have located where two of the black screws go. I still cannot locate where the other two black screws are supposed to go, and same with the metal tab thing. Anyone have an idea of where it came from and what is it supposed to do?
[quoted image]

Maybe the diverter? Check here

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/Service%20Bulletin_GNR_Left_Ramp_Diverter.pdf

3 months later
#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

First post, just joined Pinside. Have 2 pins and one is GNR LE. Ball gets stuck at top of rails of upper playfield metal guitar, only on the right hand lane (there are 3 lanes). It's the inside lane. I'll take a picture next time it happens. Get's stuck every single time, in that one lane. Just learning how to post, let's see if this works.

It gets stuck there for me too. I just have to hit the flippers and the vibration frees it. Not sure what the fix is. I’m hesitant to loosen or tighten the screws of the diverters

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

What incline do you have the pin set at? Could it be it is too shallow?

About 7 degrees

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

rrosenhouse just an update on the ball launch feed. Yesterday night while installing pinmonk’s tibetan breeze I looked again into this and actually removed what I added and now the ball rolls successfully to the right flipper without bouncing anywhere. I’m thinking that when I originally “fixed” this I had the pitch at a lesser angle. Now at around 7 degrees it behaves beautifully without any hacks.

Wow I’m thinking back to when I made my pin steeper. I think that’s when my launch went from perfect to occasionally hitting the top of the right sling. Maybe I’ll lower the pitch a bit to see if I can dial it back in. Thanks for the post

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

I played with the pitch and level tonight and got the ball feed to perform as it should. My scoop kickout, is another story. It keeps creeping to the right. Now it fires at the right corner of the left flipper. Adjusted the coil strength, but that did not help. I think I will have to do some surgery on the snubber to get it aimed properly.

Use a nut driver, not a Phillips, and loosen the two snubber screws behind the hood. Move it to the left and retighten. Should be no need to take off the upper pf

3 weeks later
#264 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

My newest (minor, but annoying!) issue... about every 3 or 4 flips, the left flipper is very weak and "spongy". It is rarely this way 2 flips in a row, and it does not seem to be related to the coil getting hot or anything (I do have a Tibetan Breeze kit ordered!), since it sometimes happens on the very first game played after powering on. All the wires look to be well connected. The coil is not loose in its mount. The gaps on the flipper buttons switches look ok. Has to be something simple, right? It's only the lower left flipper that seems to have this malady, and the frequency does seem to be increasing. Any suggestions welcome!

I’d start by removing the coil stop and coil and then replace. Maybe something is out of wack. Clean the coil sleeve wile you have it apart

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-?tu=mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.