IMG_8631 Large (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20231020-083518 (resized).png
IMG_6183 (resized).jpeg
GNR Manual pg 131 (resized).png
IMG_0138 (resized).jpg
HoloLabel (resized).jpg
LPlabel (resized).jpg
1F6657DB-129E-4AD4-874A-91963A78455C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 3 years ago

I posted in the owners thread, maybe better to post here...

So I posted a couple days ago I had issues with the switches/sensors going nuts, reboot fixed it. Turned game on again today, same thing happened. Had to run the calibration test two times before it corrected the issue. Do I have an issue here and need to open a ticket, is it just coincidence it happened again, or is it common to have to adjust the sensors so frequently? It’s literally been maybe 5 games between the last calibration and this one today.
What causes these sensors to get out of whack?
Thx

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try reseating the connector. It’s pretty easy to get to. When I went to try this on mine, I noticed the entire bank of wires had knicks in them exposing wires. JJP sent me out a new harness and haven’t had an issue since.

Which sensors did you have an issue with? And which connector did you reseat? I have issues with the two lower guitar and shooter 3 and 5 sensors. It’s happened a few times, but not in the past few days. I’m currently working with someone from jjp on it to try to pinpoint the issue.

5 months later
#153 2 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

There was an SE GnR at my favorite pinball place this weekend. The monitor was out. I texted the owner and they let me get into the backbox - apparently every time they power on the game, they have to manually remove the backbox and hit the power on the monitor control panel.
I scrolled through the menu on the monitor (it was set to chinese) - I set it to english but didn't find any options for auto-power-on on the monitor.
For power, it was connected via one of the two PCI-E power cables. The connections at the PCI-E breakout and the surface mount molex-alike connector on the monitor board looked to have solid connections.
Since the bartender has to remove the backglass on every power up to turn on the game, it isn't getting many plays. I'd like to help them get it properly fixed if anyone has any suggestions.

The barrel connector that plugs into the monitor may be loose and not a good fit. I had to replace mine with a different one that had a more snug fit.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Ah, cool I'll check that in a few minutes, about to pack up some tools and head down to it again.
The owner (a dist) has a support / email and voicemail exchange going w/ Barry, just slow moving - trying to speed it up so I can put some quarters in it

Someone mentioned to the owner a "barrel" connector but that doesn't describe the way this monitor is powered. It is powered through a PCI-E power tap from a Power supply. Snug fit and it plays fine once you manually turn the monitor on from behind it, so I doubt seriously it is a low voltage scenario or an intermittent connection. That PCI-E power is adapted down into a proprietary surface mount connector (JST or tiny molex maybe) board on the monitor itself at the rear. On the input side it is a DVI connector, the thumbscrews were tight but we reseated both just to be sure.
I think that's partially what frustrated his troubleshooting so far, the suggestions are like people are looking at a completely different game and they come between week-long-lulls in communication. I guess you can tell folks are busy over there.
.. I'm headed down in a bit with some spare DVI cables and a keyboard to see if we can find anything else. I'll snap some photos this time.

He doesn’t have this male barrel connector plugged into his monitor for power?

75D8E72D-CC29-42AE-A080-5B53E2244875 (resized).jpeg75D8E72D-CC29-42AE-A080-5B53E2244875 (resized).jpeg
#160 2 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Nope[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting, they must have changed the power connector somewhere along the way. I have an earlier run LE with the barrel connector. Mine didn’t fit right, was too loose and I had connection issues. I put a better quality connector on and haven’t had any issues.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Center and readjust the switch.

That and maybe increase the pitch of your game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.