IMG_8631 Large (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20231020-083518 (resized).png
IMG_6183 (resized).jpeg
GNR Manual pg 131 (resized).png
IMG_0138 (resized).jpg
HoloLabel (resized).jpg
LPlabel (resized).jpg
1F6657DB-129E-4AD4-874A-91963A78455C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I got a report of a bad switch (#47, left ramp made). What am I supposed to do about that? I am not sure what the fix is . . . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tests - switch tests - matrix switch tests then roll a ball through or check the switch by hand and see if it works

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Thank you very much! I’m sorry for asking such novice questions. This is my first machine of this caliber. That worked!

machine will flag a switch red even if it just hasn't seen it in awhile.

#19 3 years ago
Thetestreport1of2 (resized).pngThetestreport1of2 (resized).pngthetestreport2of2 (resized).pngthetestreport2of2 (resized).png
#24 3 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

On the first day of owning the machine, the ball got stuck. During the ball-check, I heard something medal fall inside the machine itself. After opening it up, I found this piece of metal and these 3 screws. I looked around for something obvious, but couldn't find anything. Machine seems to play fine, but I'd like to know where this stuff fell from.
[quoted image]

Left ramp diverter on the front of the assembly

1 week later
#36 3 years ago

Send me your info and I'll get you a USA cord and a flipper return spring and whatever else you might need.

1 week later
#38 3 years ago
Quoted from klum11:

Hi pinballomatic well I have a case number with Ken h at jjp he said he would ship out the parts they used the usps and sent on December 29 still nothing tracking info shows nothing after January 2 another weekend of great football on January 9/10 and all the guys will be over and will be playing the sterns and Chicago gaming pins not the fancy new gnr that was ten k to get it shipped to me just bought a hot wheels to see how American pinball machine does against jjp quality it’s on order so don’t have yet

Hi - I think I follow you. USPS is having big time problems at the moment. If your order is delayed by them it would hardly be JJP's fault. But I'll check in with Ken on this anyway.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Jcantelli:

Anyone run into an issue upgrading code that triggers ignite the flames multiball right when you start a game? All the switches are fine. It appears like a code error. The multi ball scoring starts before even plunging a ball and flippers simply create scoring. This was the first code update I did from the original 1.0.1 code over WiFi. I’m stumped.

Check 2 things - the PYRO target AND switch 18 bumper area rubber which gives PYRO letters. I've seen a few cases of that rubber being too close on the switch blades.

3 weeks later
#104 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

I am having the same problem with my CE and updating it via wifi from 1.12 to 1.14 the file downloads and then it gets stuck around 20% on the finishing update screen.

Keep coin door open throughout update

7 months later
#179 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Might those be for the coin mechs?

Exactly Rob - they go on the coin door to hold the mechs in place.

1 week later
#226 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Play with the strength in Settings - Coils to see if stronger or weaker makes it better.
LTG : )

Also Rob - loosen the 2 screws holding the snubber bracket behind the scoop - angle the snubber left as far as it will go - re-tighten screws. That has worked for most folks.

3 months later
#317 2 years ago
Quoted from Gattiman:

I took the whole VUK assembly apart. Nothing triggering the opto. Nothing in there that shouldn’t be. Still just cycling endlessly.

Follow the opto wires back to the opto control board mounted under the playfield - make sure the connector is clicked in tightly into the green socket. One side of the opto will have black and red wires, the other side will have green and white. Look for pinched or broken wires on both sides. Put the game into matrixed switch test and plug that opto pair plug into a different socket on the control board and see if the game recognizes the opto pair in that spot. Then try one of the other plugs in the green socket on the opto control board and see if the game recognizes a different opto pair plugged into that spot.

#325 2 years ago
Quoted from Gattiman:

Well I’m about 10 hours into this hell of a problem. Also noticed my upper playfield came broken at the back corner. JJP has been about as helpful as a hole in the head. I’m thinking the main board is just bad. Traced the wires all the way up to the monitor and nothing is wrong. I’m tempted to just tell JJP to come get it what absurdly terribly QC.

Put the game in matrix switch test and press enter to bring up the grid full screen. Find the plug for that opto pair on the opto control board - assuming you are talking about switch 78 upper playfield VUK - it should be in the green socket in position 6. Unplug it from there and move the plug over to the blue socket next to it (which should be empty if you have an LE) - plug the opto pair into that socket instead. Does the game react? Does the box for switch 79 in row 7 change color? If the game recognizes that opto pair in the blue socket, then chances are that the opto pair itself is okay. If it does not, then the opto pair itself may very well be the problem. You can try it in a couple of other spots to make sure.
Next would be to take a known good opto pair from somewhere else on that board and plug it into the green box at position 6? Does the game react accordingly with a known good opto pair plugged in there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-?tu=Pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.