IMG_8631 Large (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20231020-083518 (resized).png
IMG_6183 (resized).jpeg
GNR Manual pg 131 (resized).png
IMG_0138 (resized).jpg
HoloLabel (resized).jpg
LPlabel (resized).jpg
1F6657DB-129E-4AD4-874A-91963A78455C (resized).jpeg
There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 2 years ago

Thanks for the info. I knew there were magnet fuse problems but never expected to see sparks above the playfield

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Staythirsty:

Thanks for the info. I knew there were magnet fuse problems but never expected to see sparks above the playfield

My guess is that the magnet no longer functions with the fuse blown. For now I would personally contact JJP for a replacement and leave it alone and keep playing. Won’t do much but you can at least keep playing while the part goes out. I suspect they will just ship a new wired coil so no need to mess with it now.

#203 2 years ago

I have just unboxed a gunners LE, first 10 games the ball shot out of the centre scoop onto the left flipper, but has now moved to shoot the ball down the centre drain, every time.
Any suggestions?

#204 2 years ago

I could not find this in the pinned posts of the GNR Owner's thread. My Slash spinner is raised enough to allow a ball to rest between the spinner and the stand-up to the right of it.

Would someone provide some guidance on how to adjust the height of the record?

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

I could not find this in the pinned posts of the GNR Owner's thread. My Slash spinner is raised enough to allow a ball to rest between the spinner and the stand-up to the right of it.

I have the same problem on my new (9/21 build) LE. I also have another spot where the ball gets hung up between the lower pop bumper and the post to the right of it.

I'm wondering if either of these issues would be alleviated with a slightly higher pitch? I have all leg levellers turned in all the way right now and that gives me a 6.5. Should I try 6.7 or 6.8 maybe?

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have the same problem on my new (9/21 build) LE. I also have another spot where the ball gets hung up between the lower pop bumper and the post to the right of it.
I'm wondering if either of these issues would be alleviated with a slightly higher pitch? I have all leg levellers turned in all the way right now and that gives me a 6.5. Should I try 6.7 or 6.8 maybe?

There are a few potential solutions for this. The one I chose is a 3D printed part that goes on the post to the right of the bumper. It will eliminate the hang up there. Search the Owners topic for the file.

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Rob saw the same thing happen to me yesterday once and had to remove glass to get it unstuck. One thing that I did and didn’t see it happening again since (but it could just be luck and today it might happen again) is increase the pitch so that the bubble top was slightly above the second line from the bottom. I wanted to try with that before messing around with the spinner as I thought it was pretty much at level with the playing field.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Under the playfield loosen the big plastic nut, turn the record higher, tighten the big plastic nut.

Pretty simple if you look at it.

LTG : )

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pretty simple if you look at it.

Page 131 in the manual item #8

#210 2 years ago

Always appreciate the help from everyone here. I just got my new GNR LE and have a couple of new owner questions.

1). Is the shooter Rod supposed to seem very weak so that it can barely get to the top?

2). Does anyone else have any issues of the ball rolling back down the shooter lane after a full pull / shot. Mine seems to not divert back out to the play field always.

3). Has anyone ever seen a shooter lane with a full wood knot in it (picture below). I installed a shooter lane protector before playing any balls, but anything to worry about here?

4). Ball eject seems to shoot out and sometimes bounce back in and other times it seems like it is not strong enough to shoot out into shooter lane. Any tips?

Thanks for the help!!!

1D8F6AE8-06A3-4B47-95B6-C478535C7840 (resized).jpeg1D8F6AE8-06A3-4B47-95B6-C478535C7840 (resized).jpegA82EC7A2-F075-428D-995D-C306B187CD1F (resized).jpegA82EC7A2-F075-428D-995D-C306B187CD1F (resized).jpeg
#211 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

1). Is the shooter Rod supposed to seem very weak so that it can barely get to the top?

You don't want to get to the top. You want to land on the sensors for different things. The farther you go the less you get.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Always appreciate the help from everyone here. I just got my new GNR LE and have a couple of new owner questions.
2). Does anyone else have any issues of the ball rolling back down the shooter lane after a full pull / shot. Mine seems to not divert back out to the play field always.
3). Has anyone ever seen a shooter lane with a full wood knot in it (picture below). I installed a shooter lane protector before playing any balls, but anything to worry about here?
4). Ball eject seems to shoot out and sometimes bounce back in and other times it seems like it is not strong enough to shoot out into shooter lane. Any tips?
Thanks for the help!!![quoted image][quoted image]

1 Yes, it's a soft skill shot to Not hit all the way through travel unlike most games.
2 Yes, been covered a few times but you need to add 2 washers under the shooter lane flap mount and it won't do it again. (See owners thread for many pics)
3 Yes, Its a wood product. All are different and to most it gives it character. As long as its smooth its good.
4 Assuming you mean auto eject you can dial that power up a bit in the settings menu.

#213 2 years ago

First post, just joined Pinside. Have 2 pins and one is GNR LE. Ball gets stuck at top of rails of upper playfield metal guitar, only on the right hand lane (there are 3 lanes). It's the inside lane. I'll take a picture next time it happens. Get's stuck every single time, in that one lane. Just learning how to post, let's see if this works.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

I'll take a picture next time it happens.

Welcome to Pinside.

Please do.

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

1 Yes, it's a soft skill shot to Not hit all the way through travel unlike most games.
2 Yes, been covered a few times but you need to add 2 washers under the shooter lane flap mount and it won't do it again. (See owners thread for many pics)
3 Yes, Its a wood product. All are different and to most it gives it character. As long as its smooth its good.
4 Assuming you mean auto eject you can dial that power up a bit in the settings menu.

Thank you very much!!!

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Thank you very much!!!

Anytime. Was trying to help out because ambassador #LTG was asleep at the wheel. Lol

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

First post, just joined Pinside. Have 2 pins and one is GNR LE. Ball gets stuck at top of rails of upper playfield metal guitar, only on the right hand lane (there are 3 lanes). It's the inside lane. I'll take a picture next time it happens. Get's stuck every single time, in that one lane. Just learning how to post, let's see if this works.

It gets stuck there for me too. I just have to hit the flippers and the vibration frees it. Not sure what the fix is. I’m hesitant to loosen or tighten the screws of the diverters

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:It gets stuck there for me too. I just have to hit the flippers and the vibration frees it. Not sure what the fix is. I’m hesitant to loosen or tighten the screws of the diverters

What incline do you have the pin set at? Could it be it is too shallow?

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

That’s my bet.

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

About 7 degrees

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

It's actually a tiny bit steep, I put it up to see if it would help the issue, it didn't. I'll also take a pic of the level next time I post. So that other guy just hits flippers to get it down, I need to rock the game back and forth just right about about 5 times to get the ball rolling and over the "hump". Tilts sometimes. I need to get the metal rail pushed down, lowered, sanded down or something. Stand by for pics, I'll take some this weekend. Thanks for the help and questions so far.

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

Put super lube on the passive diverters. When new they need a little working in and can cause stuck balls.

#223 2 years ago

Just got my game last week. We're having a blast with it!

There are a few minor issues with it. I know they have all been covered, but now that the game has been out for a while, I'd like to know the best fix for these:

Song Scoop - first day, it fired to the far left of the left flipper. Now it launches the ball to the tip of the left flipper.

Ball launch feed - After the skill shot, the ball rolls to the top of the right slingshot and bounces usually to the left flipper. Sometimes bounces between the flippers. Game is level and at about 6.8 pitch.

Right inlane rollover - Slow ball will sometimes sit on top of the rollover.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Right inlane rollover - Slow ball will sometimes sit on top of the rollover.

Bend it down a tiny bit so it still works but doesn't trap the ball.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Song Scoop - first day, it fired to the far left of the left flipper. Now it launches the ball to the tip of the left flipper.

Play with the strength in Settings - Coils to see if stronger or weaker makes it better.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Play with the strength in Settings - Coils to see if stronger or weaker makes it better.

Also Rob - loosen the 2 screws holding the snubber bracket behind the scoop - angle the snubber left as far as it will go - re-tighten screws. That has worked for most folks.

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Ball launch feed - After the skill shot, the ball rolls to the top of the right slingshot and bounces usually to the left flipper. Sometimes bounces between the flippers. Game is level and at about 6.8 pitch.

rrosenhouse check the attached image (this was posted in the owners thread a while ago). I did something similar to this and it has improved it for me.

9E93F3DA-A838-41D5-B814-1913DF7F6D58 (resized).jpeg9E93F3DA-A838-41D5-B814-1913DF7F6D58 (resized).jpeg
#228 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

rrosenhouse check the attached image (this was posted in the owners thread a while ago). I did something similar to this and it has improved it for me.[quoted image]

Marcello,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm guessing you don't get any ball hangups there?

The issue, as I see it, is that the ball rattles around by the shooter gate and the surrounding rubber, removing any momentum from the ball, which then dribbles out toward the top of the slingshot.

I will try this - it can always be removed if it does not perform as expected.

Rob

#229 2 years ago

rrosenhouse no hang up balls and usually what happens is it bounces on the top right sling and lands on the left flipper. The above image was from someone else on the forum but did something similar. You will need to play with what you have and location for best results. Hope it works!

#230 2 years ago

rrosenhouse just an update on the ball launch feed. Yesterday night while installing pinmonk’s tibetan breeze I looked again into this and actually removed what I added and now the ball rolls successfully to the right flipper without bouncing anywhere. I’m thinking that when I originally “fixed” this I had the pitch at a lesser angle. Now at around 7 degrees it behaves beautifully without any hacks.

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

rrosenhouse just an update on the ball launch feed. Yesterday night while installing pinmonk’s tibetan breeze I looked again into this and actually removed what I added and now the ball rolls successfully to the right flipper without bouncing anywhere. I’m thinking that when I originally “fixed” this I had the pitch at a lesser angle. Now at around 7 degrees it behaves beautifully without any hacks.

Wow I’m thinking back to when I made my pin steeper. I think that’s when my launch went from perfect to occasionally hitting the top of the right sling. Maybe I’ll lower the pitch a bit to see if I can dial it back in. Thanks for the post

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

I played with the pitch and level tonight and got the ball feed to perform as it should. My scoop kickout, is another story. It keeps creeping to the right. Now it fires at the right corner of the left flipper. Adjusted the coil strength, but that did not help. I think I will have to do some surgery on the snubber to get it aimed properly.

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

I played with the pitch and level tonight and got the ball feed to perform as it should. My scoop kickout, is another story. It keeps creeping to the right. Now it fires at the right corner of the left flipper. Adjusted the coil strength, but that did not help. I think I will have to do some surgery on the snubber to get it aimed properly.

Use a nut driver, not a Phillips, and loosen the two snubber screws behind the hood. Move it to the left and retighten. Should be no need to take off the upper pf

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Use a nut driver, not a Phillips, and loosen the two snubber screws behind the hood. Move it to the left and retighten. Should be no need to take off the upper pf

Awesome - will try that tomorrow.

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Put super lube on the passive diverters. When new they need a little working in and can cause stuck balls.

I took a photo! it gets past the diverters and gets stuck on a little hump there. It's like the rollerball game at the carnival.

20211025_165406 (resized).jpg20211025_165406 (resized).jpg20211025_165432 (resized).jpg20211025_165432 (resized).jpg
#236 2 years ago

I thought my awesome picture would spark a frenzy of comments and ideas. I'll try the super lube. I've heard of Astro Lube, will try to source this new lube. I'm not sure it's going to help, the diverters seem to spin fine on the other 2 lanes.....

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

I thought my awesome picture would spark a frenzy of comments and ideas. I'll try the super lube. I've heard of Astro Lube, will try to source this new lube. I'm not sure it's going to help, the diverters seem to spin fine on the other 2 lanes.....

Mine was gettin stuck there too, just got game last week. I had to remove ramp, and tap down the 4 fingers at top with a hammer. Be gentle, you don't wanna break that weld. I kept testing till I finally got it. They are a little high where they come out of plastic

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

After lubricating just work them back and forth manually until you can feel them moving freely. You can drop a ball in to see if the resistance is low enough.

These things are stiff when new but break in quickly and never cause an issue again. Not sure what Hayfarmer is talking about bashing things with a hammer but I certainly wouldn't do that without trying the least-aggressive fix first.

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

After lubricating just work them back and forth manually until you can feel them moving freely. You can drop a ball in to see if the resistance is low enough.
These things are stiff when new but break in quickly and never cause an issue again. Not sure what Hayfarmer is talking about bashing things with a hammer but I certainly wouldn't do that without trying the least-aggressive fix first.

Not bashing, I said tap and be gentle. The ramps were definitely high and just pushing them did not help. No stuck balls in 50+ games now when before I was having issues 70% of the time.

#240 2 years ago

OK it's me again... no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the Slash record spinner to sit level. One side is high, the other one low, and this is creating nasty ball traps on the "lip" of the low side, or even worse between the knob on top of the spinner and the standup. I have changed the height adjustment to every possible setting and if it's level on one side it's either high or low on the other.

Also, I had a problem with the record not spinning freely. I can make this go away by loosening the screw at the highest position on the mounting bracket. I also tried putting a washer between the leg of the bracket and the playfield, which doesn't allow it to spin quite as freely, but it's better than it was from the factory (it would originally only spin about a half turn with a solid hit on the knob).

I wonder if the solution to the non-level spinner surface would be additional washers between the playfield and the bracket on one side? This is a very frustrating problem and is souring my enjoyment of this incredible game...

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

OK it's me again... no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the Slash record spinner to sit level. One side is high, the other one low, and this is creating nasty ball traps on the "lip" of the low side, or even worse between the knob on top of the spinner and the standup. I have changed the height adjustment to every possible setting and if it's level on one side it's either high or low on the other.
Also, I had a problem with the record not spinning freely. I can make this go away by loosening the screw at the highest position on the mounting bracket. I also tried putting a washer between the leg of the bracket and the playfield, which doesn't allow it to spin quite as freely, but it's better than it was from the factory (it would originally only spin about a half turn with a solid hit on the knob).
I wonder if the solution to the non-level spinner surface would be additional washers between the playfield and the bracket on one side? This is a very frustrating problem and is souring my enjoyment of this incredible game...

If your record is not level after adjusting height from below, I believe you’ll need to adjust/tighten the screw under the record label, from the playfield side (poking a hole through the label.)

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

If your record is not level after adjusting height from below, I believe you’ll need to adjust/tighten the screw under the record label, from the playfield side (poking a hole through the label.)

Yep that’s what JJP said too… but I bit the bullet and punctured the sticker and that screw is completely tight.

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Yep that’s what JJP said too… but I bit the bullet and punctured the sticker and that screw is completely tight.

Suggestion. Start by verifying if the record is tightened properly. From the top side put a finger at the 12 oclock position and the 6 oclock position and lightly press one side at a time to see if it rocks. Do the same at 3 and 9 after. If it rocks likely a loose stem screw, jamb nut is not locked below. Start by holding record from top and making sure the #15 screw is Tight. If its fairly solid its possible something is off in the assembly. I would first verify that the #22 top and bottom sleeve bearings are in place and that the screws holding the #7 bushing are tight. If All looks good its possible the mount bracket #2 is slightly off but thats a long shot. As a last resort a few cut up business card shims below the mount bracket leg to playfield would work. Good luck.

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 11.56.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-06 at 11.56.52 PM (resized).png

#244 2 years ago

Biggest trouble shooting issue of all is…

60EEB316-9BAA-480C-ACF8-8B8C48190A58 (resized).jpeg60EEB316-9BAA-480C-ACF8-8B8C48190A58 (resized).jpeg
#247 2 years ago

I've had this message come up every time the machine is powered on for the first time. It lasts for 5-10 seconds, disappears and the game is fine. Anyone else have this happening?

When I was in the beta code, that came up and the game was unplayable. Switched back to the non-beta and never saw it again. Now latest code does this.

gnr (resized).jpeggnr (resized).jpeg
#248 2 years ago

There’s a board under the PF with a bunch of blue Ethernet cables plugged into it. On the right lower side there is a black USB looking cable. Make sure that is snug

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

There’s a board under the PF with a bunch of blue Ethernet cables plugged into it. On the right lower side there is a black USB looking cable. Make sure that is snug

What he said, but the board it's complaining about is the one inside the cabinet over by the tilt bob.

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Staythirsty:

So desolder magnet wires for now?

I would absolutely not do that. Live wires with high(ish) voltage dangling around loose seems like a bad idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.