E45C219B-06B8-4820-A4F8-38A7E07A57D7 (resized).jpeg
B0EB2792-13C3-41A5-957A-AF4BF1C4AF97 (resized).jpeg
3CA6DC7B-4BC4-48DB-B52A-3C9C64FF54CB (resized).jpeg
133EA221-96E7-4CCE-AB68-6DBFD6A51351 (resized).jpeg
7F897903-E415-4A79-BF01-480841DC7E00 (resized).jpeg
C283EB87-A282-4701-AA45-00F741E8D16A (resized).jpeg
9E325147-830A-42C5-A984-C28D2E985DD8 (resized).jpeg
75D8E72D-CC29-42AE-A080-5B53E2244875 (resized).jpeg

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 3 months ago

Got my LE set up today and now the game automatically auto plunges after each ball. Solutions?

#152 3 months ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

Got my LE set up today and now the game automatically auto plunges after each ball. Solutions?

Shooter lane switch stuck down, or dragging in the sides of the slot it goes up and down in ?

Correct number of balls in the game ? Not one too many ?

LTG : )

#153 3 months ago
Quoted from visi0n:

There was an SE GnR at my favorite pinball place this weekend. The monitor was out. I texted the owner and they let me get into the backbox - apparently every time they power on the game, they have to manually remove the backbox and hit the power on the monitor control panel.
I scrolled through the menu on the monitor (it was set to chinese) - I set it to english but didn't find any options for auto-power-on on the monitor.
For power, it was connected via one of the two PCI-E power cables. The connections at the PCI-E breakout and the surface mount molex-alike connector on the monitor board looked to have solid connections.
Since the bartender has to remove the backglass on every power up to turn on the game, it isn't getting many plays. I'd like to help them get it properly fixed if anyone has any suggestions.

The barrel connector that plugs into the monitor may be loose and not a good fit. I had to replace mine with a different one that had a more snug fit.

#154 3 months ago

Did the recent beta update and after reboot I had an LED board failure message in the screen. Open it up and reseed it all the connections and now I'm getting hardware error cab board communication failure. Anyone know which one is the cab board? Going into the settings and switch messages doesn't really say anything

#155 3 months ago

Have my gnrle for a few weeks now and loving it. Luckily I have no playfield issues, just some minor issues. One thing that I can get solved is the bluetooth that stopped working. If I turn on my machine the headphone ledlight will blink red and blue, but after that the light goes out and in the bluetooth menu is stated "ERROR: bluetooth dongle is missing". Tried to replace the dongle, but that didn't work. If I put in the headphone plug it will turn of the sound through the boxes, but I have no headphonesound..... The board (on the left side of the cabinet near the coindoor) seems fine and no cables seem to be loose. Does anyone have any idea what this can be? Thanks!

#156 3 months ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Did the recent beta update and after reboot I had an LED board failure message in the screen. Open it up and reseed it all the connections and now I'm getting hardware error cab board communication failure. Anyone know which one is the cab board? Going into the settings and switch messages doesn't really say anything

If you have an SE, that error message is a bug - I guess that's why they call it a beta version! I assume it will be fixed and a new beta released soon.

#157 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bios on motherboard not set up to use it ?
Otherwise open a support ticket. The monitor should always be on.

Ah, cool I'll check that in a few minutes, about to pack up some tools and head down to it again.

The owner (a dist) has a support / email and voicemail exchange going w/ Barry, just slow moving - trying to speed it up so I can put some quarters in it

Quoted from Lermods:

The barrel connector that plugs into the monitor may be loose and not a good fit. I had to replace mine with a different one that had a more snug fit.

Someone mentioned to the owner a "barrel" connector but that doesn't describe the way this monitor is powered. It is powered through a PCI-E power tap from a Power supply. Snug fit and it plays fine once you manually turn the monitor on from behind it, so I doubt seriously it is a low voltage scenario or an intermittent connection. That PCI-E power is adapted down into a proprietary surface mount connector (JST or tiny molex maybe) board on the monitor itself at the rear. On the input side it is a DVI connector, the thumbscrews were tight but we reseated both just to be sure.

I think that's partially what frustrated his troubleshooting so far, the suggestions are like people are looking at a completely different game and they come between week-long-lulls in communication. I guess you can tell folks are busy over there.

.. I'm headed down in a bit with some spare DVI cables and a keyboard to see if we can find anything else. I'll snap some photos this time.

#158 3 months ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Ah, cool I'll check that in a few minutes, about to pack up some tools and head down to it again.
The owner (a dist) has a support / email and voicemail exchange going w/ Barry, just slow moving - trying to speed it up so I can put some quarters in it

Someone mentioned to the owner a "barrel" connector but that doesn't describe the way this monitor is powered. It is powered through a PCI-E power tap from a Power supply. Snug fit and it plays fine once you manually turn the monitor on from behind it, so I doubt seriously it is a low voltage scenario or an intermittent connection. That PCI-E power is adapted down into a proprietary surface mount connector (JST or tiny molex maybe) board on the monitor itself at the rear. On the input side it is a DVI connector, the thumbscrews were tight but we reseated both just to be sure.
I think that's partially what frustrated his troubleshooting so far, the suggestions are like people are looking at a completely different game and they come between week-long-lulls in communication. I guess you can tell folks are busy over there.
.. I'm headed down in a bit with some spare DVI cables and a keyboard to see if we can find anything else. I'll snap some photos this time.

He doesn’t have this male barrel connector plugged into his monitor for power?

75D8E72D-CC29-42AE-A080-5B53E2244875 (resized).jpeg
#159 3 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

He doesn’t have this male barrel connector plugged into his monitor for power?
[quoted image]

Nope

9E325147-830A-42C5-A984-C28D2E985DD8 (resized).jpegC283EB87-A282-4701-AA45-00F741E8D16A (resized).jpeg
#160 3 months ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Nope[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting, they must have changed the power connector somewhere along the way. I have an earlier run LE with the barrel connector. Mine didn’t fit right, was too loose and I had connection issues. I put a better quality connector on and haven’t had any issues.

#161 3 months ago

Looks like there is a bios password. Wonder what that is.

7F897903-E415-4A79-BF01-480841DC7E00 (resized).jpeg
#162 3 months ago

Did get into the bios thanks to a great human being but didn't see any monitor / power on related settings.

Tried different dvi cable. Same deal. This smells a lot like monitor issue.
133EA221-96E7-4CCE-AB68-6DBFD6A51351 (resized).jpeg3CA6DC7B-4BC4-48DB-B52A-3C9C64FF54CB (resized).jpegB0EB2792-13C3-41A5-957A-AF4BF1C4AF97 (resized).jpegE45C219B-06B8-4820-A4F8-38A7E07A57D7 (resized).jpeg

8D07B1AB-2F25-4B87-84FF-7617E098F2D3 (resized).jpeg
#163 3 months ago

I heard a clink the other day and this is what had fallen out. I have located where two of the black screws go. I still cannot locate where the other two black screws are supposed to go, and same with the metal tab thing. Anyone have an idea of where it came from and what is it supposed to do?

loose screws (resized).jpg
#164 3 months ago
Quoted from HeyZeusss666:

I heard a clink the other day and this is what had fallen out. I have located where two of the black screws go. I still cannot locate where the other two black screws are supposed to go, and same with the metal tab thing. Anyone have an idea of where it came from and what is it supposed to do?
[quoted image]

Maybe the diverter? Check here

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/Service%20Bulletin_GNR_Left_Ramp_Diverter.pdf

#165 3 months ago

That looks like its probably the issue. Thanks very much!

#166 3 months ago

I read somewhere a solution for this but can’t seem to find it. What is a solution to stop having the ball get lodged between the switch like this?

34B98ABC-73E0-4244-9248-E1B37551AA69 (resized).jpeg
#167 3 months ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I read somewhere a solution for this but can’t seem to find it. What is a solution to stop having the ball get lodged between the switch like this? [quoted image]

Center and readjust the switch.

#168 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Center and readjust the switch.

That and maybe increase the pitch of your game.

4 weeks later
#169 62 days ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

This switch came back up in a test report (#47). It seems that the diverter on the left ramp that blocks the ball from the upper play field which sends it back down the catwalk ramp is always down. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have the same issue right now, did you find a fix?

#170 62 days ago
Quoted from galaxybry:

I have the same issue right now, did you find a fix?

Actually, fixed my issue by adjusting the micro switch.

1 month later
#171 23 days ago
Quoted from thePLAyNone:

Please post problems and solutions here for Guns n Roses. Had a few switches to adjust and the upper flipper....now our main concern is the spinning record keeps falling apart. Any one else experiencing this or have solutions?

Received GNR LE 2 days ago. Only issue on setup was that the level was installed back to front. Played the heck out of it yesterday (had a day off work to do so at the bosses suggestion!).

Last night at about midnight, on the 3rd ball the flipper suddenly dropped and the balls drained and the game ended. When I restarted the game the ball trough VUK wasn't firing and neither were the left flipper, right flipper and middle right flipper... (The upper playfield flipper was still working).

I suspect that the plug may have come loose from the I/O board, (really hoping it's not a fuse)

Is taking the top monitor off tricky or pretty straight forward?

Cheers!
Voigtstr

#172 23 days ago
Quoted from voigtstr:

Is taking the top monitor off tricky or pretty straight forward?

Pull hard on one or both of the top corners of the monitor, and it will pop right out and swing out of your way on an articulated arm. (It's held in place by strong magnets, just tug until they let go.)

1 week later
#173 14 days ago

Right ramp diverter is loose and stays down. Not sure how to adjust this thing. The magnet coil works but the diverter is completely loose and has these small tracks. Anyone know how this should be set.

20211001_174111 (resized).jpg
#174 14 days ago
Quoted from ESPN:

Right ramp diverter is loose and stays down. Not sure how to adjust this thing. The magnet coil works but the diverter is completely loose and has these small tracks. Anyone know how this should be set.
[quoted image]

Could be wrong but from your picture looks like the return spring is missing?

#175 14 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Could be wrong but from your picture looks like the return spring is missing?

He's gotten similar replies in the other thread.

1 week later
#177 4 days ago

Hi,

Just received my GNR LE the other day, and found these to screws in on the bottom of the cabinet. Any suggestion where they belong, have tried to look around but can't find anything that are missing these.

Unknown screw (resized).jpg
#178 4 days ago
Quoted from DaBanan:

Hi,
Just received my GNR LE the other day, and found these to screws in on the bottom of the cabinet. Any suggestion where they belong, have tried to look around but can't find anything that are missing these. [quoted image]

Might those be for the coin mechs?

#179 4 days ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Might those be for the coin mechs?

Exactly Rob - they go on the coin door to hold the mechs in place.

#180 4 days ago
Quoted from DaBanan:

can't find anything that are missing these.

Holds your coin mech in place.

coindoor (resized).JPG
#181 4 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Holds your coin mech in place.
[quoted image]

Aha ok, thanks for the info!

#182 2 hours ago

2 lights problems on my SE.
Guitar won’t light anymore and topper not working ever.
I’m hoping the topper issue goes away with an update.
I’m behind on update at 1.16.
Do I need to replace the whole guitar?

1C98F149-BC45-475D-92AD-CCEE9D57E741 (resized).jpeg35D0BEBC-B735-4B1E-87A4-B4ED5D6811B0 (resized).jpeg
#183 2 hours ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

2 lights problems on my SE.
Guitar won’t light anymore and topper not working ever.
I’m hoping the topper issue goes away with an update.
I’m behind on update at 1.16.
Do I need to replace the whole guitar?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I can tell you the topper functionality got added in 1.23 so you do need to update the code for that.
That means you may also not have seen the awesome spotlight mod that was added!!

Someone else will have to chime in on the guitar . LTG

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside