IMG_8631 Large (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20231020-083518 (resized).png
IMG_6183 (resized).jpeg
GNR Manual pg 131 (resized).png
IMG_0138 (resized).jpg
HoloLabel (resized).jpg
LPlabel (resized).jpg
1F6657DB-129E-4AD4-874A-91963A78455C (resized).jpeg
There are 516 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

No go back in and download again.

Thanks, that's what I ended up doing and it worked the second time. (Did not have to shut down the game in between)

#102 3 years ago

I am having the same problem with my CE and updating it via wifi from 1.12 to 1.14 the file downloads and then it gets stuck around 20% on the finishing update screen.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Is the tilt bob upside down? Need a picture...

Here is the bob. The rattle is coming from the bob rattling against the hanger. You can see the rubber washer I used to wedge against the top. I also put a rubber washer on the button below the bob agains the plastic wing nut.

IMG_0504 (resized).jpgIMG_0504 (resized).jpg
#104 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

I am having the same problem with my CE and updating it via wifi from 1.12 to 1.14 the file downloads and then it gets stuck around 20% on the finishing update screen.

Keep coin door open throughout update

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Keep coin door open throughout update

THANK YOU!

1 week later
#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There really shouldn't be much wobble in the record. (or the music will skip. Jk) Start by tightening the #15 screw from the underside (while holding the record from spinning). IF it continues to spin that would likely mean the #16 top side screw came loose which would cause a wobble. In that case you would need to sacrifice the decal on the record to tighten the screw and get a replacement from JJP. If all tightens up on the above, then you need to loosen the #8 large nut (by hand) and adjust the #1 threaded sleeve (by hand) to set the spinner height just a Hair above the playfield. Not much!! Once set retighten the #8 jamb nut and you should be good to go. Just note when adjusting the height of the record that you need to push down on it as it is a floating mech. If you set it in the up position it will sink below the playfield. Good Luck!
Note: When adjusting, make sure the #22 bushings are in place as they guide the wobble from happening.
[quoted image]

Just circling back here in case anyone has the same problem.
Thanks a lot for the advice.

In my case it was the #16 top side screw.
I had to pierce the decal to tighten it and then re-adjust the height of the disc since the disc was now sitting higher that it should with everything tight.

Hopefully it doesn't work its way loose again. If it does, I guess you have to use the 425 loctite?
I ordered some for the bottom screw but it had it applied from the factory and it makes it impossible to remove the screw from the shaft. I guess I'm worried if I put it on the top screw I won't ever be able to remove it.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I had to pierce the decal to tighten it and then re-adjust the height of the disc since the disc was now sitting higher that it should with everything tight.
Hopefully it doesn't work its way loose again. If it does, I guess you have to use the 425 loctite?
I ordered some for the bottom screw but it had it applied from the factory and it makes it impossible to remove the screw from the shaft. I guess I'm worried if I put it on the top screw I won't ever be able to remove it.

I can’t think of any technical reason you would ever Want that upper screw to be loosened or removed so likely any solution to keep it permanently locked would work. Honestly a small dot of super glue on the thread on assembly would work in a pinch. Again, your never going to remove it after covering it with a new decal. Glad you got it fixed.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I noticed my record loose today as well. I was able to tighten it a little without sacrificing the decal by holding the record still and using a nut driver on the nut at the bottom to rotate the shaft. I expect I will need to get a replacement decal at some point and fix it permanently.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I noticed my record loose today as well. I was able to tighten it a little without sacrificing the decal by holding the record still and using a nut driver on the nut at the bottom to rotate the shaft. I expect I will need to get a replacement decal at some point and fix it permanently.

That’s what I had done at first and it slowly worked its way loose again. I don’t think you can properly tighten the top screw without a small philips. If you push on it hard with your finger while screwing the bottom nut you will still feel the top screw spinning. Once I tightened it from the top the wobble was totally gone.

Before:

EAEFE37E-DB96-4FF1-85E2-7E801193FD3C (resized).jpegEAEFE37E-DB96-4FF1-85E2-7E801193FD3C (resized).jpeg
#110 3 years ago

I have a problem with the diverter coil not releasing hold power after a game. It stays down during attract mode unless I open the coin door. If I start a new game it will release and bring the diverter to the up position correctly but due to this issue the coil has expanded and melted the coil sleeve inside.

I have replaced the coil with a willliams coil (cut off the diodes) to get it going again but same issue persists. It seems to be an issue with the hold power. during a game I can see it try and release but then stay down!

I am about to perform a full re install of 1.14 and see what happens but not expecting it to fix it.

Any ideas?

IMG_1133 (resized).jpgIMG_1133 (resized).jpg
#111 3 years ago

Replace it's transistor.

LTG : )

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Replace it's transistor.

Thank you. 338?

#113 3 years ago

Has anyone got a failed magnet thermal fuse on a version before v1.14?
Trying to decide if there is a safe version to upgrade to

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Has anyone got a failed magnet thermal fuse on a version before v1.14?
Trying to decide if there is a safe version to upgrade to

Yes, 2

#115 3 years ago

What version were you running when they failed?

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

What version were you running when they failed?

#117 3 years ago

Anyone having their left flipper become sticky? Mine will stay in the up position for a few seconds before coming back down. I have no idea why it has started to do this ...

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Anyone having their left flipper become sticky? Mine will stay in the up position for a few seconds before coming back down. I have no idea why it has started to do this ...

Something is binding - review this great video from Butch:

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Coil stop loose ?

#120 3 years ago

Right side lower half of hot rail lights not coming on. Any ideas?

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Right side lower half of hot rail lights not coming on. Any ideas?

It happened to mine right out of the box. They need to send you a new light strip (JJP support).

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

It happened to mine right out of the box. They need to send you a new light strip (JJP support).

Thanks

1 week later
#123 3 years ago

Anyone having an issue with the right lane diverter not going all the way down sometimes? I notice that the diverter has a lot of wiggle and sometimes rubs the plastic going down. is this normal? maybe needs to be tightened or a bend? I notice it has two screws but I have to remove the ramp to get to them.

4 weeks later
#124 3 years ago

Hey everyone! Just accepted delivery of my LE #611 yesterday!! This pin is definitely a piece of fine art!
I keep getting balls stuck at the top of the right ramp in the groove between the ramp and the drum sticks. Any tips for a fix? It's happening very frequently.

IMG_20210416_223702 (resized).jpgIMG_20210416_223702 (resized).jpg
#125 3 years ago
Quoted from Crhorsley:

Any tips for a fix?

Do a search on the other GNR threads. It's been brought up there.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 3 years ago

same issue , it was at the black boot at the end of the right middle top strip before it gets to the white connector . it is wrapped with that black heatwrap and if you try and work that area like its a plug you can get it .

Quoted from DrJoe:

Message_1615578761358 (resized).jpgMessage_1615578761358 (resized).jpg
#127 3 years ago

Here’s my issue. When the scoop is lit to start a song. I shoot the scoop but, my ball quickly fires out of the scoop as my decision to play the song displayed or choose a different song is offered. The song will play as it should.

I checked the scoop switch in test mode with a ball. The ball sits in the scoop and the switch registers as it should. The switch does not appear to work intermittently. It looks like it works perfect. While the ball is in there, I smacked the playfield around to see if another switch was triggering/too sensitive. No issue there.

Has anyone had this issue? Wondering if I have a cold solder joint or something else. Not sure if bending the switch will do anything as it works great in test mode. I’m running code 1.21. Thanks

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Here’s my issue. When the scoop is lit to start a song. I shoot the scoop but, my ball quickly fires out of the scoop as my decision to play the song displayed or choose a different song is offered. The song will play as it should.
I checked the scoop switch in test mode with a ball. The ball sits in the scoop and the switch registers as it should. The switch does not appear to work intermittently. It looks like it works perfect. While the ball is in there, I smacked the playfield around to see if another switch was triggering/too sensitive. No issue there.
Has anyone had this issue? Wondering if I have a cold solder joint or something else. Not sure if bending the switch will do anything as it works great in test mode. I’m running code 1.21. Thanks

Is anything reporting closed in switch test? Maybe another switch is stuck somewhere?

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is anything reporting closed in switch test? Maybe another switch is stuck somewhere?

Thanks for helping. The only switches active (green) are the trough and spinning disk (wheel)

7DA0AFD9-7A67-4146-B2C4-C6D68324EB64 (resized).jpeg7DA0AFD9-7A67-4146-B2C4-C6D68324EB64 (resized).jpeg
#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks for helping. The only switches active (green) are the trough and spinning disk (wheel)
[quoted image]

I wish I could help more, but that exhausts my expertise in this area. JJP support is great though, I'm sure they will help.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:Here’s my issue. When the scoop is lit to start a song. I shoot the scoop but, my ball quickly fires out of the scoop as my decision to play the song displayed or choose a different song is offered. The song will play as it should.

I am gonna call this issue resolved. Seems like my issue was either an upper playfield switch being too sensitive and registering when it shouldn’t, or just a tweak needed on the scoop switch so when the left ramp diverter resets it does not cause a vibration to the scoop switch, resulting in the ball being shot out of the scoop immediately instead of waiting until the song starts.

#132 2 years ago

I had an issue...could be a bug... played live and let die, got the applause jackpot then all my sensor switches went dead for the remaining balls.
At the start of the next game all was good again.
Code 1.21

2 weeks later
#133 2 years ago

Hi,

that´s my current issue: Guitar ball lock doesn´t count balls?

During the song, when some balls are collected on the guitar lock and when there are no more balls are on the playfield, the game just stucks. Although there are still some balls left in the trough and the song is still playing, nothing happens until the crowdmeter is low.

There are no bad switches shown in the test. The two gates (ramp and guitar lock) look also fine so far.

It seems, like the ball locks are not noticed or counted.

I´ve heard of this problem with older codes, but I already have 1.21 installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks and have a nice Sunday everyone.

Olli

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Hi,
that´s my current issue: Guitar ball lock doesn´t count balls?
During the song, when some balls are collected on the guitar lock and when there are no more balls are on the playfield, the game just stucks. Although there are still some balls left in the trough and the song is still playing, nothing happens until the crowdmeter is low.
There are no bad switches shown in the test. The two gates (ramp and guitar lock) look also fine so far.
It seems, like the ball locks are not noticed or counted.
I´ve heard of this problem with older codes, but I already have 1.21 installed.
Any ideas?
Thanks and have a nice Sunday everyone.
Olli

What happens if you recalibrate the sensors in the device test? Make sure NO balls are on the playfield when doing this.

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I had an issue...could be a bug... played live and let die, got the applause jackpot then all my sensor switches went dead for the remaining balls.
At the start of the next game all was good again.
Code 1.21

Are you using the metal plate over the plug for power? I removed the plate and the plug was not firmly seated. I’d recommend reseating your plug and not using the plate. See if you still get your issues.

1 week later
#136 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Are you using the metal plate over the plug for power? I removed the plate and the plug was not firmly seated. I’d recommend reseating your plug and not using the plate. See if you still get your issues.

Thanks but the plug is good.

1 week later
#137 2 years ago

"During the song, when some balls are collected on the guitar lock and when there are no more balls are on the playfield, the game just stucks. Although there are still some balls left in the trough and the song is still playing, nothing happens until the crowdmeter is low.
It seems, like the ball locks are not noticed or counted."

Having same issue. Have recalibrated sensors multiple times and work appropriately apparently during testing. During gameplay, the sensors sense the balls when they go in the guitar lock but once I've drained all the balls on the playfield (during a song) into the trough, I have to wait til booed off or the machine goes through a ball search.

Software updates up to date.

Where you able to solve this? Very interested and any help much appreciated.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Mullster:

Very interested and any help much appreciated.

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right ?

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right ?

Thanks for quick reply LTG,

When I read your post I thought you were right about the trough, however it is not the issue after recreating issue and then opening coin door to check trough.

After playing the machine at length to recreate the situation, here's my best description:

It seems to be intermittent.

The guitar lock during song will not release balls, however what I believe to be the sound (drumsticks) and strobed guitar lights indicating it is about to release happens every 3 seconds or so repeatedly, but nothing happens until the I get booed off stage or a ball search commences.

My suspicion is perhaps it is something to do with the "lock up releases"/coil. The coils work in testing and in all other aspects of game appropriately though.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

#140 2 years ago

Any video you can provide of this phenomenon would be helpful to ascertain what is really going on.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Any video you can provide of this phenomenon would be helpful to ascertain what is really going on.

https://vimeo.com/560134509

https://vimeo.com/560133742

Please let me know if you need more or something else to better capture.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from Mullster:

https://vimeo.com/560134509
https://vimeo.com/560133742
Please let me know if you need more or something else to better capture.

SOLVED.

After trial and error multiple times and recalibrating in sensor settings, the issue was that sometimes the ball locked in lowest left position was barely being detected by the sensor; it came to rest too far to the left. This resulted in the sensor rapidly oscillating between open/closed and subsequently the coil wouldn't drop. To remedy this for now, I placed a rubber nose guard from an eyeglass kit on the left aspect of this position as shown. The issue no longer happens.

Thanks for input and help.

IMG_6340 copy 2 (resized).jpgIMG_6340 copy 2 (resized).jpg
#143 2 years ago

Aha! Usually the fix for that is to gently bend the left rail over to the right a bit, until sensor test shows that it is reading consistently. But whatever works!

#144 2 years ago

Sorry for barrage of requests for help but this week is the first time I've had opportunity to go over game.

Keep in mind this is my first JJP and really have no idea how the lighting systems work and am not a "board guy".

A minor issue that doesn't affect gameplay but does lighting aesthetics is this music note (LED #197/Music note #12) is always emitting blue as shown. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting what I believe are relevant cables/wires without change. The coloring is off (except when blue) when cycling through different colors in testing because the light is always "bleeding" blue.

Possibly related to this is that the other lights on the board and ones seeming connected to it when tracing wire paths do not light at all; I turn off machine to reset and sometimes the lights work as should, minus the one "bleeding" blue above.

As I was taking photo and testing the lights the ones in the upper right aspect of playfield are staying green (photo enclosed) when should be white with none of the music notes, scoop lights, AXL, or keyboard lights on.

Any insight or problem solving always appreciated.

Blue Light (resized).jpgBlue Light (resized).jpgGreen Lights (resized).jpgGreen Lights (resized).jpg
#145 2 years ago

My skill shot isn’t working. Any ideas?

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

My skill shot isn’t working. Any ideas?

Recalibrate the sensors. Or turn the game off. Wait a bit. Turn the game back on. It should calibrate them at start up.

4 weeks later
#147 2 years ago

Anyone having issues with the network not wanting to turn back on? I get the "Network Disconnected" press + to turn on and it just sits trying to turn on for a while then goes back to "Network Disconnected". I am not seeing any networks listed in the wifi section and am trying to figure out if it is because the network connection is off? Just updated to 1.22 over wifi last week and now it won't connect. I am on an SE.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

now it won't connect.

If you have a phone or computer, see if you have WiFi to begin with. Then check WiFi dongle to be sure it is still plugged in, and it's cable is still plugged into the motherboard.

#149 2 years ago

There was an SE GnR at my favorite pinball place this weekend. The monitor was out. I texted the owner and they let me get into the backbox - apparently every time they power on the game, they have to manually remove the backbox and hit the power on the monitor control panel.

I scrolled through the menu on the monitor (it was set to chinese) - I set it to english but didn't find any options for auto-power-on on the monitor.
For power, it was connected via one of the two PCI-E power cables. The connections at the PCI-E breakout and the surface mount molex-alike connector on the monitor board looked to have solid connections.

Since the bartender has to remove the backglass on every power up to turn on the game, it isn't getting many plays. I'd like to help them get it properly fixed if anyone has any suggestions.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

I'd like to help them get it properly fixed if anyone has any suggestions.

Bios on motherboard not set up to use it ?

Otherwise open a support ticket. The monitor should always be on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 516 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-/page/3?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.