IMG_8631 Large (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20231020-083518 (resized).png
IMG_6183 (resized).jpeg
GNR Manual pg 131 (resized).png
IMG_0138 (resized).jpg
HoloLabel (resized).jpg
LPlabel (resized).jpg
1F6657DB-129E-4AD4-874A-91963A78455C (resized).jpeg
There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 3 years ago

We probably haven't done a good job of communicating this properly, but ethernet cables will work fine (and be much simpler to setup) if you have the means. You'll probably need to loosen/take off a grate somewhere to feed the cable in, so from this perspective it's a bigger PITA.

At work, we run games connected both ways all the time.

(Sorry for the contradiction @ltg.)

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

We probably haven't done a good job of communicating this properly, but ethernet cables will work fine (and be much simpler to setup) if you have the means. You'll probably need to loosen/take off a grate somewhere to feed the cable in, so from this perspective it's a bigger PITA.
At work, we run games connected both ways all the time.
(Sorry for the contradiction ltg.)

Keith made you his Bitch #LTG ! lol JK. WiFi is Awesome. So hope this carries to Every JJP. A seamless solution.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

(Sorry for the contradiction ltg.)

No problem pinball_keefer I'm always the last to find these things out, and usually not directly from JJP but other sources.

Sorry for posting an incorrect answer.

LTG : )

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Keith made you his Bitch #LTG !

Listen Quasimodo. Don't you have some mods to invent. Or something useful ?

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Listen Quasimodo. Don't you have some mods to invent. Or something useful ?

Lol. Love you LTG! Sincerely Hope your grand reopening sticks and you are rewarded with a parade of new customers.

#56 3 years ago

Couple of issues I have had:

1) Ball gets stuck on top right pop bumper
2) Metal gate to left ramp pops out
3) Airball on the left side goes up on plastic and then down the left outlane

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

1) Ball gets stuck on top right pop bumper

Adjust the pop bumper leaf blade switch more sensitive so it kicks the ball.

Quoted from Maiden:

2) Metal gate to left ramp pops out

Put a tiny cable tie on the end so it can't slide that far.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjust the pop bumper leaf blade switch more sensitive so it kicks the ball.

Put a tiny cable tie on the end so it can't slide that far.

Thx for the reply. I will check into how to do #1.

I am not following where to put the cable tie for #2.

Thx!

#59 3 years ago

I posted in the owners thread, maybe better to post here...

So I posted a couple days ago I had issues with the switches/sensors going nuts, reboot fixed it. Turned game on again today, same thing happened. Had to run the calibration test two times before it corrected the issue. Do I have an issue here and need to open a ticket, is it just coincidence it happened again, or is it common to have to adjust the sensors so frequently? It’s literally been maybe 5 games between the last calibration and this one today.
What causes these sensors to get out of whack?
Thx

#60 3 years ago

Wondering about some ideas to resolve this, I see it has been asked here once.
Ball gets stuck here it seems every 3rd game or so. Original level at 0 now it is 1/8 I believe. I also tried moving the rubber up a tad. Have not tried lower.

8D0846A5-53F0-4C7F-B9B8-A5E08E5CD265 (resized).jpeg8D0846A5-53F0-4C7F-B9B8-A5E08E5CD265 (resized).jpeg
#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

I am not following where to put the cable tie for #2.

On the end outside the frame so it can't slip through the hole.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsepe:

Ball gets stuck here it seems every 3rd game or so. Original level at 0 now it is 1/8 I believe. I also tried moving the rubber up a tad. Have not tried lower.
[quoted image]

Not saying this is the perfect fix but I simply removed the rubber from that little post and haven't had an issue since. If the ball now rolls close to the pop (closer now that the rubber is gone) it fires it out and with the rubber gone it simply rolls off the post back to the lane. Didn't want to tinker with the pop skirt anymore or deal with the stuck balls. Worked for me.

#63 3 years ago

Got my LE today. Game reboots in middle of game. Any thoughts?

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

Got my LE today. Game reboots in middle of game. Any thoughts?

Just a simple suggestion but Double check the power cord to the back of the game as a start. Especially if you installed that metal plate. Oddly many have had that simple issue cause a reset. Make sure its Fully seated and try a few games.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsepe:

[quoted image]

I increased the strength of my pops a few ticks, especially the lower one and hasn’t been hung up on that pesky spot since.

#66 3 years ago

Anyone run into an issue upgrading code that triggers ignite the flames multiball right when you start a game? All the switches are fine. It appears like a code error. The multi ball scoring starts before even plunging a ball and flippers simply create scoring. This was the first code update I did from the original 1.0.1 code over WiFi. I’m stumped.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Jcantelli:

Anyone run into an issue upgrading code that triggers ignite the flames multiball right when you start a game? All the switches are fine. It appears like a code error. The multi ball scoring starts before even plunging a ball and flippers simply create scoring. This was the first code update I did from the original 1.0.1 code over WiFi. I’m stumped.

Check 2 things - the PYRO target AND switch 18 bumper area rubber which gives PYRO letters. I've seen a few cases of that rubber being too close on the switch blades.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I posted in the owners thread, maybe better to post here...
So I posted a couple days ago I had issues with the switches/sensors going nuts, reboot fixed it. Turned game on again today, same thing happened. Had to run the calibration test two times before it corrected the issue. Do I have an issue here and need to open a ticket, is it just coincidence it happened again, or is it common to have to adjust the sensors so frequently? It’s literally been maybe 5 games between the last calibration and this one today.
What causes these sensors to get out of whack?
Thx

Try reseating the connector. It’s pretty easy to get to. When I went to try this on mine, I noticed the entire bank of wires had knicks in them exposing wires. JJP sent me out a new harness and haven’t had an issue since.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Check 2 things - the PYRO target AND switch 18 bumper area rubber which gives PYRO letters. I've seen a few cases of that rubber being too close on the switch blades.

Thanks! Reset the connections and increased the level of challenge and it seems to have it solved it.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try reseating the connector. It’s pretty easy to get to. When I went to try this on mine, I noticed the entire bank of wires had knicks in them exposing wires. JJP sent me out a new harness and haven’t had an issue since.

Which sensors did you have an issue with? And which connector did you reseat? I have issues with the two lower guitar and shooter 3 and 5 sensors. It’s happened a few times, but not in the past few days. I’m currently working with someone from jjp on it to try to pinpoint the issue.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Which sensors did you have an issue with? And which connector did you reseat? I have issues with the two lower guitar and shooter 3 and 5 sensors. It’s happened a few times, but not in the past few days. I’m currently working with someone from jjp on it to try to pinpoint the issue.

Mine was mainly the #3 sensor but here’s the harness that got replaced which is what you’ll want to reseat. You’ll see my wires were crimped in the wrong spot which caused my issue.

5559FA2D-7452-4B38-87D7-7BBAFC8666E1 (resized).jpeg5559FA2D-7452-4B38-87D7-7BBAFC8666E1 (resized).jpeg8CEB0386-CBB1-46E0-813A-AFD05E323EB6 (resized).jpeg8CEB0386-CBB1-46E0-813A-AFD05E323EB6 (resized).jpeg
#72 3 years ago

Found this in the bottom of my LE. Any ideas?

6CC69258-9891-4174-9C80-C5D78725D350 (resized).jpeg6CC69258-9891-4174-9C80-C5D78725D350 (resized).jpeg
#73 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Found this in the bottom of my LE. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Look at post 23 and 24 t the beginning of this thread

#74 3 years ago

Any way to adjust the VUK? Was going to my left flipper now right down the middle.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Any way to adjust the VUK? Was going to my left flipper now right down the middle.

Increase coil power. As the game wears in things loosen up. Just go 1 increment at a time till you like it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

After a few hours of adjustments which 'sort of' worked, then went back to center, I ended up cutting a thin piece of a foam target to follow the right side of the scoop hood - works fantastic all the time now:

GnRFix1 (resized).JPGGnRFix1 (resized).JPGGnRFix2 (resized).JPGGnRFix2 (resized).JPG
#78 3 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

After a few hours of adjustments which 'sort of' worked, then went back to center, I ended up cutting a thin piece of a foam target to follow the right side of the scoop hood - works fantastic all the time now:[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice.

#79 3 years ago

I think I saw someone that switched springs on the outside plunger rod. Made it shorter. Did that help?

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think I saw someone that switched springs on the outside plunger rod. Made it shorter. Did that help?

The shorter plunger spring will give an additional 1/8” ish of throw. As others don’t have the same issue I would personally focus on centering and adjusting via the 3 screws on the back plate. Hard to believe one would be good and some not.

#81 3 years ago

Anyone else get a lot of rejects at the top of the left ramp? The ball bounces right back down the ramp?

Also anyone see the ball rolling off the drumsticks? For me it seems to be going too far to the right and hits the inside of the cab and bounces back and off the sticks.

TIA.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Jcantelli:

Mine had the same issue. Run a matrix switch test and id bet it’s switch 18 stuck closed. It feels like errors in coding etc but its just a slimg switch stuck from rubbers being to tight. Pull rubber a little and loose. It on front side, i had to do it twice and it works fine now.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The shorter plunger spring will give an additional 1/8” ish of throw. As others don’t have the same issue I would personally focus on centering and adjusting via the 3 screws on the back plate. Hard to believe one would be good and some not.

I fixed it a few days ago. It needed a .75 inch spring in lieu of 1 inch. The skull housing causes it to barely reach the pinball when plunging. Works great now.

#84 3 years ago

Anyone having any resets with 1.12? I am on SE, no resets ever with the previous versions (1.07-8). Since 1.12, already 3 resets this week, tonight starting Don’t Cry. Should I reinstall software?

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Should I reinstall software?

No. In another GNR thread it was posted they know and are working on it.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. In another GNR thread it was posted they know and are working on it.

Thanks!!

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Anyone else get a lot of rejects at the top of the left ramp? The ball bounces right back down the ramp?
Also anyone see the ball rolling off the drumsticks? For me it seems to be going too far to the right and hits the inside of the cab and bounces back and off the sticks.
TIA.

Yes. I get the rejects on the left ramp from time to time. Might be my pitch, but doesn’t happen enough to bug me yet. But open ears if there’s any tweaks or fixes for it.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes. I get the rejects on the left ramp from time to time. Might be my pitch, but doesn’t happen enough to bug me yet. But open ears if there’s any tweaks or fixes for it.

It's starting to bug the heck out of me. It's hard to collect patches when 50% of the balls bounce back. When the diverter is up I never get a reject but when it's down it's 50 / 50. It looks to me to hit the small nut on the bottom of the bass guitar.

I've tried lowering and raising the power to the flipper coils. Too low and you can't make the ramp in MB and too high and I get air balls when I hit the left mini target next to the ramp and it goes right to the Coma outlane. Ugh.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You might be on to something with the pitch. I was up pretty high and after reading your post tried dropping it down. It made a big difference. I still hit the bottom of the bass and the ball rattled a bit - but it still got up there a lot more. Only played a couple of games but I could tell it was better right away.

#90 3 years ago

Anyone getting the pinball hung up under the metal gate under the drum sticks

#91 3 years ago

Anyone getting a buzzing when the action picks up? Like when the shaker is going or when the music is a bit louder I get a buzzing on the right side about half way up the machine. It sounds like it’s coming from the rail that holds the glass.

1 week later
#92 3 years ago

Hello,

With my bar closed, GnR SE is out on rental now and it’s my second service call tomorrow with the spinning disc. The ball was getting stuck on the post on the disc, so I adjusted the height to be flush with the playfield.

It seemed to be better but I couldn’t figure out how to stabilize the side to side wobble. The client just let me know that balls are still getting stuck (it’s been a few weeks since my last service call). This is an early production machine from the first run of standards.

How can I fix this for good?
Thanks in advance!

CD82BB49-4824-4607-8DAF-DC0080675C42 (resized).jpegCD82BB49-4824-4607-8DAF-DC0080675C42 (resized).jpeg
#93 3 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Hello,
With my bar closed, GnR SE is out on rental now and it’s my second service call tomorrow with the spinning disc. The ball was getting stuck on the post on the disc, so I adjusted the height to be flush with the playfield.
It seemed to be better but I couldn’t figure out how to stabilize the side to side wobble. The client just let me know that balls are still getting stuck (it’s been a few weeks since my last service call). This is an early production machine from the first run of standards.
Thanks in advance! [quoted image]

I had this same issue. What I learned(apologies if I’m incorrect) is that there is no fix for side to side wobble. That disc assembly needs to be replaced. The disc is supposed to have up/down(vertical) play but not side-to-side. When the disc has play side-to-side there will always be ball hang-ups at that circular playfield cutout edge no matter how flush you adjust the disc from underneath. Contact JJP and I’m sure they will help you get it sorted out. It was very easy to replace.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Hello,
Thanks in advance! [quoted image]

There really shouldn't be much wobble in the record. (or the music will skip. Jk) Start by tightening the #15 screw from the underside (while holding the record from spinning). IF it continues to spin that would likely mean the #16 top side screw came loose which would cause a wobble. In that case you would need to sacrifice the decal on the record to tighten the screw and get a replacement from JJP. If all tightens up on the above, then you need to loosen the #8 large nut (by hand) and adjust the #1 threaded sleeve (by hand) to set the spinner height just a Hair above the playfield. Not much!! Once set retighten the #8 jamb nut and you should be good to go. Just note when adjusting the height of the record that you need to push down on it as it is a floating mech. If you set it in the up position it will sink below the playfield. Good Luck!

Note: When adjusting, make sure the #22 bushings are in place as they guide the wobble from happening.
Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 12.09.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-07 at 12.09.51 PM (resized).png

#95 3 years ago

Follow up to my post about rattling...

I found two sources of rattling for anyone else that gets this.

1. The tilt sensor bob was rattling against the hanger. I fixed this with a rubber washer jammed against the top to stop it from doing that.
2. The side rails are held on with some adhesive. On my machine, the adhesive is giving away. So when the game action ramps up, the rails are quickly making contact and then braking the contact with that adhesive, leading to a loud buzzing. No idea what to do about this yet. I have contacted jersey jack, but haven't heard back from them.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

Follow up to my post about rattling...
I found two sources of rattling for anyone else that gets this.
1. The tilt sensor bob was rattling against the hanger. I fixed this with a rubber washer jammed against the top to stop it from doing that.
2. The side rails are held on with some adhesive. On my machine, the adhesive is giving away. So when the game action ramps up, the rails are quickly making contact and then braking the contact with that adhesive, leading to a loud buzzing. No idea what to do about this yet. I have contacted jersey jack, but haven't heard back from them.

Ok do need some clarification on #1 When you roust the machine the tilt bob was rattling in the ring so you jammed some rubber in there? I'm going to assume I am reading this wrong lol.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok do need some clarification on #1 When you roust the machine the tilt bob was rattling in the ring so you jammed some rubber in there? I'm going to assume I am reading this wrong lol.

No... the hanger goes through the middle of the bob and has a washer holding it at the bottom. But at the top, the bob is free to rattle against the hanger. So when certain music hits just the right frequency, the bob would rattle against the hanger. So I put a rubber washer on the top of the part of the bob so it can't rattle anymore. But it doesn't interfere with the electrical connection or the ring of the tilt sensor.

#98 3 years ago

I loaded 1.12 code and had no issues.
This time loading the new code the game has hung up...It's been in the "finishing update" page for a few hours now... what do I do? Just turn power off and try again?

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

No... the hanger goes through the middle of the bob and has a washer holding it at the bottom. But at the top, the bob is free to rattle against the hanger. So when certain music hits just the right frequency, the bob would rattle against the hanger. So I put a rubber washer on the top of the part of the bob so it can't rattle anymore. But it doesn't interfere with the electrical connection or the ring of the tilt sensor.

Is the tilt bob upside down? Need a picture...

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I loaded 1.12 code and had no issues.
This time loading the new code the game has hung up...It's been in the "finishing update" page for a few hours now... what do I do? Just turn power off and try again?

No go back in and download again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-/page/2?hl=tdavis7965 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.