New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 279715)

Guns n Roses troubleshooting

By thePLAyNone

2 days ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by fastchef
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Grommet (resized).jpg
G&Rspiningtable (resized).jpg

#1 2 days ago

Please post problems and solutions here for Guns n Roses. Had a few switches to adjust and the upper flipper....now our main concern is the spinning record keeps falling apart. Any one else experiencing this or have solutions?

#2 2 days ago
Quoted from thePLAyNone:

Please post problems and solutions here for Guns n Roses. Had a few switches to adjust and the upper flipper....now our main concern is the spinning record keeps falling apart. Any one else experiencing this or have solutions?

My LE has had a number of relatively minor issues to address. I love the game!

- Upper playfield rightside guide rail will cut in to the upper flipper rubber over a short amount of time(2 days in my case). I've noticed at least one other LE owner with the problem. It will cut a groove into the rubber and then cause it to stick and get hung up on the rail. The easy fix is to bend the end of the rail out slightly to prevent it from contacting the rubber. Also check alignment of the flipper to the hole below it. May need adjustment.

- seems like common record disc issues that are simple to fix. I'm hearing lock tight and an easy adjustment of the nut to raise/lower the disc to proper flush with the playfield

- This may not be a problem on later machines on the assembly line from mine, but lots of stuff not screwed in under the playfield properly. check underneath the playfield and maybe tighten/use lock tight where necessary. Last night while playing the game the coil, coil stop, coil sleeve, and screws for the lower right flipper completely fell into the bottom of the cabinet, lol. Seems easy to fix.

- Be careful when lowering the playfield back in to the cabinet bc it's easy to slice the rubber tip of your shooter rod right off. Happened to from the factory. It came unboxed with a sliced shooter rod tip.

- There are multiple hangups throughout the playfield that need a little slight bending of rails, etc. On mine the ball gets stuck a lot on the right orbit underneath that metal piece of the right drumstick ramp underneath the P.A. speakers that say "not in this lifetime". There's also a spot on the right pop bumper(the ride cymbal bumper) where the ball can rest and get stuck between the buyer plastic and a post. Not sure of how to solve that one but it's not something that happens too often.

- Pretty sure the preamp for my headphone 3.5mm jack is blown. No volume and distorted. I'll get it fixed eventually. I don't use the headphones too often.

The game is so great and I'm pretty chill about these issues as it's early in the release and I have one of the first batch of LE's. A slight bummer but all fixable. What can you do, it's pinball.

#3 2 days ago
Quoted from thePLAyNone:

.now our main concern is the spinning record keeps falling apart. Any one else experiencing this or have solutions?

Put screw back in with blue Locktite. Be sure you have the washer too before inserting the screw.

Won't effect most games. Not a major issue.

LTG : )

#4 2 days ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

- Pretty sure the preamp for my headphone 3.5mm jack is blown. No volume and distorted. I'll get it fixed eventually. I don't use the headphones too often.

If it's anything like previous games ( I don't have a GNR to check ) see if the connector to the small board right inside the cabinet where the headphone would plug in. It might be on backwards. If it fits, unplug it and turn 180 degrees and plug back in and try. Be sure connector in the backbox is on the board tight.

#5 2 days ago

Is the washer the bronze piece? I seem to have up and down play with the record now and some wobble to it, I will check the cabinet for any missing pieces.

#6 2 days ago
Quoted from thePLAyNone:

Is the washer the bronze piece?

You can see the parts in this picture.

G&Rspiningtable (resized).jpg
#7 2 days ago

Thanks Lloyd, looks like just the disc, the screw, and the bronze piece.

#8 2 days ago

Okay, found it , there is a top collar also. So a bronze piece on the bottom and the top! Now where's my loctite!

#9 2 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it's anything like previous games ( I don't have a GNR to check ) see if the connector to the small board right inside the cabinet where the headphone would plug in. It might be on backwards. If it fits, unplug it and turn 180 degrees and plug back in and try. Be sure connector in the backbox is on the board tight.

Thx for the tip, Lloyd! I'll check it out and give it a try.

#10 23 hours ago

My record kept falling off as well after about an hour of play, it doesn't seem like you can tighten it completely because the nut under the sticker seems to be spinning. I reattached with lock-tight (blue) and it hasn't fallen off in the last hour anyway.

Does anybody know where this grommet goes? I was lowering the playfield by the apron and all the sudden it was stuck to my shirt.

Grommet (resized).jpg
#11 23 hours ago
Quoted from Xier:

My record kept falling off as well after about an hour of play, it doesn't seem like you can tighten it completely because the nut under the sticker seems to be spinning. I reattached with lock-tight (blue) and it hasn't fallen off in the last hour anyway.
Does anybody know where this grommet goes? I was lowering the playfield by the apron and all the sudden it was stuck to my shirt.
[quoted image]

I found one of those loose rolling around the playfield during one of my first games. I kept it but have no idea where it goes.

#12 15 hours ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I found one of those loose rolling around the playfield during one of my first games. I kept it but have no idea where it goes.

Looks like the grommet from the apron to protect the glass...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 6,750.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6,750.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Des Moines, IA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside