Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D6CCE452-9639-4AC2-9BD3-865CDC7A0EE1 (resized).png
WP_20180419_08_23_32_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20180419_08_24_15_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20180419_08_24_20_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20180419_08_23_32_Pro (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

GNRR ? A updated version and remake of GNR could be cool ? But no metal cheap cabinets

A pretty reliable bird flew in my window a couple months back and told me JJP is doing a new GNR.
Makes sense to me.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You obviously need to play one that's set up correctly. DE GnR is NOT a slow game and doesn't feel like a widebody. Best game DE ever made.
At a time when Williams were the games for which all others were compared, GnR felt the most like a Williams to me. The flow, the rules, the way the software behaved all felt like what we had come to know and expect from a Williams game. Very well done. I'd love to have one in my collection someday.

It’s the best pin Data East ever made imho, its amazing that it was even put into production given the chaotic nature of the band during that era, has Lyman on code, was designed with Slash. Yeah, it’s a great pin.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I would disagree with that. The original GnR is kind of an anomaly for DE pins in that its built like a tank, really good quality and doesn't feel cheap at all.
When its dialed in and clean its a hell of a fun pin to play.
The problem is that when you find them out on location, they are generally roached and don't play well so people assume the pin sux.

I'm with you sort of on this, with the exception of the ramps which are a bit brittle. I have two repros not installed on mine, but the ones in my game are thrashed, though work fine.
Other than that, the game works great, I've had several GNR's over the years and they never really give much for a problem beyond the shooter lane issue.

For those complaining about the sound, the PINSOUND board brings the pin to life, where you can practically add any sound bits or music wherever you wish. My jackpot sound for instance, went from the stock generic ''Jackpot!'' sound to ''TIME TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" The possibilities are endless.

1 week later
#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

DE GnR only covers their first album, appetite for destruction.

Not entirely true, it references Use Your Illusion in the pop bumper art, and one of the modes is Coma, which is off their UYI 1 album.
Any true die hard GNR fan has already swapped out their stock sound board with Pinsound and put in whatever clips and sounds they want (I know I have)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-remake-?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.