Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D6CCE452-9639-4AC2-9BD3-865CDC7A0EE1 (resized).png
WP_20180419_08_23_32_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20180419_08_24_15_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20180419_08_24_20_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20180419_08_23_32_Pro (resized).jpg
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

GNRR ? A updated version and remake of GNR could be cool ? But no metal cheap cabinets

WP_20180419_08_23_32_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180419_08_23_32_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180419_08_23_32_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180419_08_23_32_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180419_08_24_15_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180419_08_24_15_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180419_08_24_20_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180419_08_24_20_Pro (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Dont know how Spy hunter pics got attached ?
Thats Ron Kruzmans work

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

GNRR ? A updated version and remake of GNR could be cool ? But no metal cheap cabinets

A pretty reliable bird flew in my window a couple months back and told me JJP is doing a new GNR.
Makes sense to me.

#4 5 years ago

what in the world am I looking at here.....pics?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

A pretty reliable bird flew in my window a couple months back and told me JJP is doing a new GNR.
Makes sense to me.

After Toy Story? Won’t see a GNR till 2025 then!

#6 5 years ago

How does a new GnR make any sense? I mean, is anyone really demanding that title? Of all the bands that still have no machine, we need another GnR? The first one is pretty kickass. And Lord knows they don’t have any new music to add to it. Another JJP theme that is a head scratcher.

#7 5 years ago

I think you better delete those pictures.

#9 5 years ago

Must be the heat.

Nice spy hunter playfield.

Up the irons !!

#10 5 years ago

So what am I looking at?

#11 5 years ago

lol a lot of shitposting here. Just close this thread already mods

#12 5 years ago

GNR would be fantastic.

#13 5 years ago

Guns N' Roses Heads For $500 Million Tour Earnings As 'November Rain' Sets YouTube Record

Forbes article..

Guess I am not the only fan!

#14 5 years ago

There won't be a remake because JJP almost certainly have a license for a new one. The licensors aren't going to license a remake simultaneously.

I do find it bizarre though that Jack had this mantra that they'd never do themes that have been done before. Yet he does Hobbit - direct sequel to LotR and all the same characters. Yet he does PotC, with content later than the Stern one. Yet it appears he'll do another G'n'R table.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

There won't be a remake because JJP almost certainly have a license for a new one. The licensors aren't going to license a remake simultaneously.
I do find it bizarre though that Jack had this mantra that they'd never do themes that have been done before. Yet he does Hobbit - direct sequel to LotR and all the same characters. Yet he does PotC, with content later than the Stern one. Yet it appears he'll do another G'n'R table.

The mantra should now be "make pinball with a theme in demand." DI might be good, but the theme is still a tough sell. No emotional attachment there. POTC has been fading for years. And the term "PoTC production" is an oxymoron at this point.

#16 5 years ago

new GnR by JJP means my money to JJP in a heartbeat. I would LOVE a new GnR.

#17 5 years ago

Why are you restoring a Spy Hunter Pf?

(Someone had to say it)

#18 5 years ago

Done Properly could a GNR pin sell like Iron Maiden?

#19 5 years ago

You must never have had a Chrysler/Dodge product from the 1970's. That was some craptastic stuff there.
My parents 1979 Chevy Impala wasn't exactly well built either. My Dad (who's still a GM fan) always said that car had to have been built on a Monday morning.

#20 5 years ago

I would drop coins in a new GnR by JJP pinball machine.

It would likely be so much better than some other machines out there.

I'd also be fine with other rock bands getting their first pin produced before doing a 2nd GnR, such as ZZ Top, Judas Priest, Van Halen, and others.

#21 5 years ago

i would like to see a new GnR pinball and think JJP would do a good job because let’s face it, the original DE GnR sucks. the audio is horrible and it plays slowly. art is okay but other than that it’s not a good game. i am wanting more and more band titles. i really would like to see a Queen or Led Zeppelin machine. and the beatles doesn’t intrege me as far as a pinball machine theme goes being the roumors go for future sterns. stern does do good music games but would love to see JJP’s attempt on a music theme (NOT A WIDEBODY) and think they would hit it out of the park.

#22 5 years ago

You think JJP is going to do something to improve on a machine playing slowly? All evidence to the contrary.

#23 5 years ago

This thing took a hard left turn into the ditch. Wow.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

i would like to see a new GnR pinball and think JJP would do a good job because let’s face it, the original DE GnR sucks. the audio is horrible and it plays slowly. art is okay but other than that it’s not a good game.

You obviously need to play one that's set up correctly. DE GnR is NOT a slow game and doesn't feel like a widebody. Best game DE ever made.

At a time when Williams were the games for which all others were compared, GnR felt the most like a Williams to me. The flow, the rules, the way the software behaved all felt like what we had come to know and expect from a Williams game. Very well done. I'd love to have one in my collection someday.

#26 5 years ago

I would be down for JJP doing this.
GNR is one of our household favorites.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You obviously need to play one that's set up correctly. DE GnR is NOT a slow game and doesn't feel like a widebody. Best game DE ever made.
At a time when Williams were the games for which all others were compared, GnR felt the most like a Williams to me. The flow, the rules, the way the software behaved all felt like what we had come to know and expect from a Williams game. Very well done. I'd love to have one in my collection someday.

It’s the best pin Data East ever made imho, its amazing that it was even put into production given the chaotic nature of the band during that era, has Lyman on code, was designed with Slash. Yeah, it’s a great pin.

#28 5 years ago

TRIGGGGGGERED!

#29 5 years ago

not sure about any of this...……. but, thanks for driving up the price of my gnr!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Done Properly could a GNR pin sell like Iron Maiden?

x10

#31 5 years ago

what in the world am I looking at here?............I like how op blew a fuse the first time this was out there, hoping an eyeball will pop out this time....

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

the original DE GnR sucks. the audio is horrible and it plays slowly. art is okay but other than that it’s not a good game.

What are you talking about? Have you ever even played one?? It is the best DE game and plays really great.

#33 5 years ago

JJP needs to stop making games with themes that have already been made. Did the world really need another POTC? Pinball already has enough GNR. In fact 1 was probably way too many.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

JJP needs to stop making games with themes that have already been made. Did the world really need another POTC? Pinball already has enough GNR. In fact 1 was probably way too many.

Nope. I'll take a new GnR. The Data East one is *okay* but the art is atrocious, like all their pins, and it feels cheap...like all the DE pins. I'll be first in line for the JJP GnR.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope. I'll take a new GnR. The Data East one is *okay* but the art is atrocious, like all their pins, and it feels cheap...like all the DE pins. I'll be first in line for the JJP GnR.

I'll take the art of Rothkranz on those classic DE pins over what we've been getting from the last decade or so.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I'll take the art of Rothkranz on those classic DE pins over what we've been getting from the last decade or so.

All yours. I despise that Data East art. So ugly.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope. I'll take a new GnR. The Data East one is *okay* but the art is atrocious, like all their pins, and it feels cheap...like all the DE pins.

I would disagree with that. The original GnR is kind of an anomaly for DE pins in that its built like a tank, really good quality and doesn't feel cheap at all.
When its dialed in and clean its a hell of a fun pin to play.
The problem is that when you find them out on location, they are generally roached and don't play well so people assume the pin sux.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I would disagree with that. The original GnR is kind of an anomaly for DE pins in that its built like a tank, really good quality and doesn't feel cheap at all.
When its dialed in and clean its a hell of a fun pin to play.
The problem is that when you find them out on location, they are generally roached and don't play well so people assume the pin sux.

I'm with you sort of on this, with the exception of the ramps which are a bit brittle. I have two repros not installed on mine, but the ones in my game are thrashed, though work fine.
Other than that, the game works great, I've had several GNR's over the years and they never really give much for a problem beyond the shooter lane issue.

For those complaining about the sound, the PINSOUND board brings the pin to life, where you can practically add any sound bits or music wherever you wish. My jackpot sound for instance, went from the stock generic ''Jackpot!'' sound to ''TIME TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" The possibilities are endless.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We don't always agree but on this point - 100% spot on. I played it today and it just feels cheap. Cool design though

#40 5 years ago

Please JJP, no Axl remake face on the playfield!!

D6CCE452-9639-4AC2-9BD3-865CDC7A0EE1 (resized).pngD6CCE452-9639-4AC2-9BD3-865CDC7A0EE1 (resized).png

#41 5 years ago

Later DE pins feel a lot like a modern Stern pin. Funny, that...but if the pin is fun to play you get used to it, and GNR is a really fun pin.

#42 5 years ago

Am I missing something? I just played a GnR at pocketeer in buffalo and it felt just as good as a Williams and even similar to sterns today. My favorite game there.

#43 5 years ago

It seems we are split as to opinions on G and R...but can we all agree that spy hunter really sucks

#44 5 years ago

Remember that Axl owns all rights to the GNR name, so any new pin would have Axl and a bunch of hired hands. That being said, Slash and Duff are currently touring with him for the first time in 15 years, so there could be an outside chance at having 3 of the original 5 members on there.

#45 5 years ago

I can’t wait for a Bucket Head toy.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I can’t wait for a Bucket Head toy.

Well we've got a while to wait, anyway. 2018 jjPotC -> 2019 Wonka -> 2019 Toy Story -> 2020 (gets fuzzy here, either Muppets from the original leak, or GnR if muppets was dropped).

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well we've got a while to wait, anyway. 2018 jjPotC -> 2019 Wonka -> 2019 Toy Story -> 2020 (gets fuzzy here, either Muppets from the original leak, or GnR if muppets was dropped).

Far out that's a long wait. I'll probably be out of the hobby by then (ha, as if). Would be nice if JJP could ramp up production and at least have two titles a year. Then they can clear decks for stuff I don't care about like another POTC game that was totally unnecessary.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Far out that's a long wait. I'll probably be out of the hobby by then (ha, as if). Would be nice if JJP could ramp up production and at least have two titles a year. Then they can clear decks for stuff I don't care about like another POTC game that was totally unnecessary.

Well Jack said he was shooting for two releases a year back in 2016 (as a goal for 2017/2018). jjPotC delays mean it's unlikely to happen until 2019, but we're getting close to that, I think.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

#50 5 years ago

DE GnR only covers their first album, appetite for destruction. Their use your illusions albums could support a game unto their selve. Lies is a great album that could use some theme integration.

Chinese democracy is also a good album. I think if axel would have dropped the Chinese democracy name and song, then the rest of the album would have sounded like another Use your illusion.

The spaghetti incident was a waste of time.

I like the old game, but a new one could be pretty sweet and maybe the first music pin for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-remake-?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.